2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Agree in parts, but you won’t have as many rookies gaining way more $$$.

You’ll be burning sideways trades as well for more players to become keepers as well, but I’m all about it... I love taking risks and picking breakout type players.

FYI I currently have BCrouch & Rocky in the mids as well.

I'm pretty happy with my first 3 mids and confident they will finish top 10.

Cogs
M.Crouch
Brayshaw

Steele I am banking on being my break out pick.

B.Crouch, Rocky and Sheed could do anything but I reckon it could be a fun ride so I am hopping on. Haha!

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
I'm pretty happy with my first 3 mids and confident they will finish top 10.

Cogs
M.Crouch
Brayshaw

Steele I am banking on being my break out pick.

B.Crouch, Rocky and Sheed could do anything but I reckon it could be a fun ride so I am hopping on. Haha!
I've been tempted by Brayshaw. Absolute gun. The problem is, he'll have to average 150DT to get to 120SC.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Steele M5
One of Selwood/Bont/Ross M4
Whether or not I take a cheap KF to try ride an early season 120+ to a sideways trade once the forward premo situation is clearer

Are my PODs

Does Brayshaw have a particularly poor DE or is it that he takes a lot of uncontested marks, which don't score as well in SC as they do in RDT and AF?

Poorish DE.
He's young, he has time to improve

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Does Brayshaw have a particularly poor DE or is it that he takes a lot of uncontested marks, which don't score as well in SC as they do in RDT and AF?
Poorish DE.

Gus is a bit like Sam Mitchell was as in he's duel sided which is one of his strengths, but it's also a weakness as he's prone to turning it over by foot, especially on his left side.

Also, his TOG was only 77% last year. Might have something to do with an interrupted pre-season, as his TOG% dropped over the final 6 rounds + finals. Hopefully he can get that TOG% up to 80+ this year with another pre-season under his belt.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
My new mid price madness midfield -

Cogs, M.Crouch, Brayshaw, Steele, B.Crouch, Rocky, Sheed, Walsh

I'll probably join you in the deep midfield club, looking at 6 500+ guys. My only concern is constable on the bench, 92 vs WC away and 61 (50% TOG) vs Ess. With Scoot scoot selwood out I'd imagine he gets named R1. Geelongs early fixture is tough though.

View attachment 635381
Forward line is that s**t for rookies that I’ve grabbed this juicy POD at f5. Will destroy whoever Saints put on him, and we have a pretty easy schedule for the first 5-6. Can see him averaging 85-95

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
These melts are going to be delicious. Please ensure you are on BigFooty when GC plays.

Apologies if discussed previously, but Dahlhaus looks to be a pretty good forward option. Priced at $418k and previous season averages of 91.7, 104.5, 95.7, and 90.7 from 2014 to 2017. Only in 6% of teams.
So you’re saying he’ll average 90-100.

And at least that from Danger, GAJ, Jelwood, Menagola, Duncan, Hawkins

With a limit of 3300 points to share per match (between the other 37 players on the ground from both sides?)

I wish you well.

Pendles scoring looks pretty saucy this jlt, could be one final season of 110+ in him and sel?
Refer post above.

Pendles, De Goey, Adams, Sidebottom, Treloar, Beams, Grundy

Poorish DE.
Poorish? It’s ******* shithouse actually. Can’t hit a player 40m away that’s 20m in the clear. If ever there’s a bloke you want to be handball happy, it’s Gus.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
So you’re saying he’ll average 90-100.

And at least that from Danger, GAJ, Jelwood, Menagola, Duncan, Hawkins

With a limit of 3300 points to share per match (between the other 37 players on the ground from both sides?)

I wish you well.

+ Kelly

no way I'm taking anyone else from Geelong (outside of rookies)

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I'll probably join you in the deep midfield club, looking at 6 500+ guys. My only concern is constable on the bench, 92 vs WC away and 61 (50% TOG) vs Ess. With Scoot scoot selwood out I'd imagine he gets named R1. Geelongs early fixture is tough though.

Constable is a good M9 option on the bench I reeckon.

I don't really feel comfortable having him at M8.

Only rookie I would consider at M8 would be Walsh or Butters.

Setterfield and Drew are better suited to our forward line so I have ruled both of them out.

I like Reddo. Good, solid player. I just don't really see him as SC relevant though. 0% ownership is probably why you haven't seen him in teams.

He's not a superpremo and i don't think he has the potential of a 110 average, so really you're just picking him for the POD benefits as an M8, which means you'd be aiming a 105 ave from him which would be a career best. His previous best is 103 back in 2014.

Stranger things have happened. He really hit his straps in the West Coast side finally last year. Wouldn't surprise me if he improved.

Back