2019 post season (trade/FA/draft) and 2020 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised at some of the prices with DT Picker.

All things going well definitely taking Mitchell, Doch, DSmith, Steven, Jacobs (if sole ruck), Pickett and others.

Although we all know taking players on previous form prior to serious injuries or extended time away is high risk!

There's some decent value though on the different lines depending how you want to structure it.

Just my opinion, but Sauce is just as cooked as Mummy.
Yet when given the opportunity to play the last round as the sole ruckman he did score 115.
NicNat is the other who represents very good value.
On second thoughts, taking into account, points for time on ground, NicNat is the better option.

Last edited:
Surprised at some of the prices with DT Picker.

All things going well definitely taking Mitchell, Doch, DSmith, Steven, Jacobs (if sole ruck), Pickett and others.

Although we all know taking players on previous form prior to serious injuries or extended time away is high risk!

There's some decent value though on the different lines depending how you want to structure it.
Am disappointed that Titch only received a 20% discount rather than the usual 30% for missing an entire season. I suppose VS use a bit of common sense in some of these decisions. With a 30% discount he would have been priced at 90 and would be in 100% of teams. No, not true. There are always a few coaches who have no idea. It was odd last year when RDT only gave B Crouch a 20% discount whereas the other comps gave him the full 30%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually SC is first from memory, DT bit delayed.......unsure when DT is out....but looking forward to SC opening :).

Hopefully DT not far behind

SC and RDT are run by the same company. They always release SC first as it is bigger, but I'm sure RDT isn't far behind.

At this early stage, I think my 2020 DT starting squad will be basically a guns and rookies one.
Only have 5 players between $300K - $600K. I'm hoping that they could all still be in my squad come round 23.
Docherty at $591K is a no brainer as is Smith at $517K.
Steven at $494 is too much of a bargain and could easily be a top 10 forward.
I'm taking a punt with Hannebery at $570K. He averaged 98.6 in his 5 games last year whilst still not 100% yet is priced at only 79.
Roberton is only priced at $319K, which is not much more than a rookie and is capable of a 80-90 average.

At this early stage, I think my 2020 DT starting squad will be basically a guns and rookies one.
Only have 5 players between $300K - $600K. I'm hoping that they could all still be in my squad come round 23.
Docherty at $591K is a no brainer as is Smith at $517K.
Steven at $494 is too much of a bargain and could easily be a top 10 forward.
I'm taking a punt with Hannebery at $570K. He averaged 98.6 in his 5 games last year whilst still not 100% yet is priced at only 79.
Roberton is only priced at $319K, which is not much more than a rookie and is capable of a 80-90 average.
No way I'm touching Hannebery at that price.

It all depends on whether he can get his body right. If so, he does represent great value.
He would probably used as a stepping stone to an elite mid but if I could get 7-8 games out of him averaging 90, he'd be ready to upgrade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back