2019 pre-season stars

Who have been Carlton's standout 2019 pre-season stars?

• Dow

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Murph

• O'Brien

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kreuzer

• SPS

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Simmo

• Cripps

• Kennedy

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Walsh

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Newman

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Fisher

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Cuningham

• Ed

• Charlie

• Fasolo

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Bugg

• Willow

• Thomas

• Setterfield

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Weitering

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Phillips

• Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluey24

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
In your mighty opinion,

Who have been our top pre-season performers?

I know it is difficult to define, but let's run with this based on who you're most excited about seeing in 2019 based on their current fitness / performances / trajectory at training this pre-season.

:rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow::footy::rainbow:

The ones who i get the impression are out there with guns blazing so far:

Walsh - ready, next level pro.
Samo - fit and doing all the work. looks a bit different. more mature, or more sure, dunno. Go Samo.
Weiters - seems in a good space and fit.
Kennedy - Now fit, think we'll see the real Kennedy. Someone who his mates will want alongside. Will be a mainstay mid i think.
Cripps - lazy bludger. Looks fat and unprepared...as usual.
Newman - Not overly rapt with him as a player but looks like he's settled in real well and training hard. Will play a lot and will be reliable and not a liability.
Willo - Another next level athlete who looks like he's back. And can really football.

They're some of the ones that have piqued my interest so far.

Walsh - Supreme player on the training track super impressive
Kreuzer - looking really hungry to me and really steely eyed.. AA in the offer.
Daisy - Bouyant, vocal, pushing setting a great example
Murphy - working hard , really hard and at this stage he is ready to rekindle some top form top line leadership
Weitering - looking strong and confident - the boy is becoming a man.
SPS - looking exceptional, looking really sharp.. built up his frame and is now a man ready to take on responsibilities

think this thread needs an award to go with it

giphy.gif

Looking forward to seeing some guns actually perform up to their real capabilities more often in 2019 - Weitering/Cuningham/SPS if they play near their ability more often than not will be great to watch. Still - pre-season is like JLT is largely meaningless apart from improving fitness and execution base - last year the standout pre-season performer was Pickett and his form continued in JLT and then he broke his wrist bone thing two days before round one....that said - good to hear that Walsh is training as if this isn't his first pre-season - a positive in the context of preseason injury so far to : Docherty/Pickett/McGovern/Jones and still in fingers crossed recovery mode for Marchbank/Plowman/Setterfield

Back