2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing I remember about Logue is his game vs the kangaroos at Subi when he played forward. He took 4 marks and kicked 1 goal 3 so pretty wasteful but he was unstoppable and outmarking everyone in that purple patch.

I'm excited to see what he can do intercepting in the back line.

Fremantle has made an effort to engage the media and fans more, brand building, because if we don't give them something to write about they will find something and that's not a controllable.
You'd have to think there's be a fair bit of Bell's influence there. He'd be much more sympathetic to actively engaging with a media presence for sure.

Bell is the Football Manager, not the Marketing or Media Manager. Wonder if there have been any changes there?
The footy department would have a say in how much media they want out there. If the footy manager were to say to the PR people "Can we aim for 3-5 articles a week and open things up a whole bunch", it'd be likely to be listened to and acted on, more so than it coming from the PR dept to the footy dept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footy department would have a say in how much media they want out there. If the footy manager were to say to the PR people "Can we aim for 3-5 articles a week and open things up a whole bunch", it'd be likely to be listened to and acted on, more so than it coming from the PR dept to the footy dept.
A few of your posts are totally reverse of how I see things.

Players and coaches have media duties and public appearances included in their contracts. I doubt if they have any say in it once they have signed up to do media stuff. I really can't see this kind of thing being driven by the football department at all. This stuff is all about selling the club, memberships, sponsors etc. No way that gets driven by the football department. Rosich would be all over it though. Not Bell.

Well he's definitely brought a different feel to it this pre-season.
A few of your posts are totally reverse of how I see things.

Players and coaches have media duties and public appearances included in their contracts. I doubt if they have any say in it once they have signed up to do media stuff. I really can't see this kind of thing being driven by the football department at all. This stuff is all about selling the club, memberships, sponsors etc. No way that gets driven by the football department. Rosich would be all over it though. Not Bell.
What do I care whether it's the opposite of how you see things.

There's always a potential for a political to and fro on priorities between departments.

The footy dept is the most powerful dept at a club. They'd more than likely have the capacity to say "look too much media isn't good for our footy team at the moment" or at the very least not facilitate any more than the minimum.

Of course these days there'll be a certain amount of media that's required. It would take a cooperative if not enthusiastic footy department to go beyond the base level though.

Freo certainly seem to be more active than almost any other club in the media space since they got a footy manager who's just walked out of a role in the media.

Sure it may have nothing to do with Bell. In that case it's just a fairly significant coincidence.

If we wanted to get in touch with the club to tell them how much we like those web videos, interviews, etc.. what’s the best way to do that?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sending them a message via facebook messenger. I've sent them three messages * this off-season and they've responded every time within 24hrs.

* I commended them on the content they have put out so far this off-season. I asked if they could give us an update on our NGA kids and asked if they are considering streaming the intraclub practice match this year.

Sending them a message via facebook messenger. I've sent them three messages * this off-season and they've responded every time within 24hrs.

* I commended them on the content they have put out so far this off-season. I asked if they could give us an update on our NGA kids and asked if they are considering streaming the intraclub practice match this year.
What were the answers? Good questions

I totally agree. He showed so much potential last year I’m just hoping for a step forward. Lots of time to develop as you said.

Btw, tell his family next time you see them that Bailey’s American buddy says hi. Haha.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just noticed you're a Packers fan - let's hope freo's season next year doesn't resemble that of the Pack this year. Parallels being each having a superstar that you want to win for before they're past their peak as well as a coach who has been round the traps for a while but perhaps running short on ideas. At least McCarthy went all the way the year Lyon missed out. Surely Lyon lasts the full season unlike McCarthy though?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back