2019 Training Reports

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
I'm hoping giro doesn't turn into a menegola. Great running power but never really hurts you

Giro doesn't need to become a star. Guys like deBoer, Crowley, Mzungu, Clancee were important players on our list when we were a top 4 side. If Giro can mirror those guys he'll be handy.

Giro doesn't need to become a star. Guys like deBoer, Crowley, Mzungu, Clancee were important players on our list when we were a top 4 side. If Giro can mirror those guys he'll be handy.

The problem is always how many of those role players you carry. When you have a fully fit team then yeah I totally agree that guys like Giro will perform a role. When we don't, or we're teetering on the edge of not having enough skill in the team, that's when they become a liability because of their limitations. #outpearce

He doesn't need to become a star. I just hope that he doesn't turn into another vanilla player that can get to contests but burns the ball

Big Flappy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The problem is always how many of those role players you carry. When you have a fully fit team then yeah I totally agree that guys like Giro will perform a role. When we don't, or we're teetering on the edge of not having enough skill in the team, that's when they become a liability because of their limitations. #outpearce

He doesn't need to become a star. I just hope that he doesn't turn into another vanilla player that can get to contests but burns the ball

Agree Ed Langdon already in the team doing that

elsleevador

All Australian
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had a look today.

Bennell is an interesting one. He looks absolutely amazing in the drills! His silky hands in close are second to none with his pick-ups and evasiveness a highlight. He doesn’t take part in any of the running. When the players do their warm up with various run-throughs, he just stands around on his own which seems weird. I’d like to see him at least engage with one of the coaches and do some sharp skills work instead of strolling about juggling footys.

Hogan looks very close to getting into it. His hands are marvelous. Strange kicking style with how he holds the ball but very effective nonetheless.

I saw a great moment where hogan was leading for the ball and clunked a good grab before going back for a kick for goal outside 50. Directly behind Jesse was Rory Lobb who stopped what he was doing and gazed on like a kid in a candy shop whilst his group continued around him for 30 seconds. It looked like love!

My other highlight was seeing Nathan Wilson kick it 65 metres to Langdon running away from him at full speed. Eddy didn’t break stride as he took the ball on his chest. I briefly resembled the South Park photo above!

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
I had a look today.

Bennell is an interesting one. ... He doesn’t take part in any of the running. When the players do their warm up with various run-throughs, he just stands around on his own which seems weird.
Could it be that all his calf issues...are due to him just not doing his warm up stretches before playing????? o_O

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
I had a look today.

Bennell is an interesting one. He looks absolutely amazing in the drills! His silky hands in close are second to none with his pick-ups and evasiveness a highlight. He doesn’t take part in any of the running. When the players do their warm up with various run-throughs, he just stands around on his own which seems weird. I’d like to see him at least engage with one of the coaches and do some sharp skills work instead of strolling about juggling footys.

Hogan looks very close to getting into it. His hands are marvelous. Strange kicking style with how he holds the ball but very effective nonetheless.

I saw a great moment where hogan was leading for the ball and clunked a good grab before going back for a kick for goal outside 50. Directly behind Jesse was Rory Lobb who stopped what he was doing and gazed on like a kid in a candy shop whilst his group continued around him for 30 seconds. It looked like love!

My other highlight was seeing Nathan Wilson kick it 65 metres to Langdon running away from him at full speed. Eddy didn’t break stride as he took the ball on his chest. I briefly resembled the South Park photo above!
Im happy. We might be onto something this year . Eeek

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
1547076802189.png

Looks like a young Carey

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
Interesting the list of players training with the midfield group

Mundy, Brayshaw, North, Ed, Harley, B Hill, Blakey

Fyfe running laps, and Cerra, Conca training with the D Fence.

Fyfe was finning laps with someone I didn’t recognise, but it might have been Valente.. if someone else could confirm!

Far out we are going to have one of the sweetest and most skillful backlines in the AFL with Wilson, Ryan, and Cerra moving the ball out of there.

Back