Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this Jacobs business? Is he going to miss the season with a blocked nose? Christ.

Guessing here only but I suspect he’s still experiencing moments of vertigo or the like, thereby showing he’s not yet fully recovered from the operation to repair his sinus issue. I also suspect they’re just being ultra cautious, ever mindful that we need him right for the real stuff right through to September, not in Feb/March if he’s not quite right.

Guessing here only but I suspect he’s still experiencing moments of vertigo or the like, thereby showing he’s not yet fully recovered from the operation to repair his sinus issue. I also suspect they’re just being ultra cautious, ever mindful that we need him right for the real stuff right through to September, not in Feb/March if he’s not quite right.

The big question is, what if he's not right through Feb/March and into mid-season? If it persists as usual despite the surgery or needs another one, we could be looking at half a season or a whole one where he shows up maybe once or twice if at all.

His sinus issue is bizarre doesn't seem like anything common.

The big question is, what if he's not right through Feb/March and into mid-season? If it persists as usual despite the surgery or needs another one, we could be looking at half a season or a whole one where he shows up maybe once or twice if at all.

His sinus issue is bizarre doesn't seem like anything common.

We can only hope the medicos have this crap worked out and it’s merely a case of the recovery from such an op not always being linear. Some take longer than others. It took a very long time to correctly diagnose what was behind his ills last year so I’m not that surprised to see a setback along the road to recovery.

Fingers crossed there aren’t any hidden issues beyond what was thought to be his main problem pre op. We bloody need him!

My uncle flew helicopters for a living until he was struck with a problem that effected his sense of balance. It took a long time for the Dr’s to work out what was happening and I don’t think they ever really got to the bottom of what the cause was. He had episodes for a few years where he’d be alright and the next minute was terrible and it was back to square one. It ended his career obviously. I don’t know if Jacobs has something similar but it sounds like it’s in the ballpark. I reckon the Dr’s probably don’t really know what the cause of the problem is and it’s all a bit experimental.

My uncle flew helicopters for a living until he was struck with a problem that effected his sense of balance. It took a long time for the Dr’s to work out what was happening and I don’t think they ever really got to the bottom of what the cause was. He had episodes for a few years where he’d be alright and the next minute was terrible and it was back to square one. It ended his career obviously. I don’t know if Jacobs has something similar but it sounds like it’s in the ballpark. I reckon the Dr’s probably don’t really know what the cause of the problem is and it’s all a bit experimental.

:(

Sorry lads but can anyone give me some insight into why Ahern can't find a spot in this team? I honestly thought he looked like one of your more impactful players in JLT and after a couple really impressive games last year thought he'd be a walk up start for you guys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry lads but can anyone give me some insight into why Ahern can't find a spot in this team? I honestly thought he looked like one of your more impactful players in JLT and after a couple really impressive games last year thought he'd be a walk up start for you guys?

You're not going to find anyone here who can explain it.

It's puzzling and disappointing. The only upside is that it is indicative of our depth.

I'll have a go.

The club has spent 2 years getting Ahern into the shape he is in now and that new stadium in WA was under a cloud at the start of last year. There were numerous lower leg injuries and anonymous players claimed the surface was very hard.

I'd say we can afford to give him a spell given our newly acquired depth. I'm disappointed he isn't playing but I'd be gutted if he played and did his knee on a dodgy surface.

The surface may be fine (and obviously I'm speculating) but it is the first game of the year. If there are problems with it then they'll surface now and it'll be players like Paulie who are most at risk. If it was round 8 or something then the surface would either be fine from r1 or under scrutiny but either way we'd know.

I'll have a go.

The club has spent 2 years getting Ahern into the shape he is in now and that new stadium in WA was under a cloud at the start of last year. There were numerous lower leg injuries and anonymous players claimed the surface was very hard.

I'd say we can afford to give him a spell given our newly acquired depth. I'm disappointed he isn't playing but I'd be gutted if he played and did his knee on a dodgy surface.

The surface may be fine (and obviously I'm speculating) but it is the first game of the year. If there are problems with it then they'll surface now and it'll be players like Paulie who are most at risk. If it was round 8 or something then the surface would either be fine from r1 or under scrutiny but either way we'd know.
I think this would be close to the money

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll have a go.

If that was the case then he wouldn't be named as an emergency.

The club is extremely impressed with Rhyce Shaw. Brilliant bloke, hard worker, immense football IQ. A future star in coaching circles.

Great insight. We’re you on the panel that helped make this coaching appointment.

We’re these the same guys that decided to trade pick 8 out.

“Immense IQ” LMFAO.

Do you actually believe the s**t you say.

His game plan was to kick it down the line.
Stoppage.
Kick it down the line.
Stoppage.

Etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great insight. We’re you on the panel that helped make this coaching appointment.

“Immense IQ” LMFAO.

Do you actually believe the sh*t you say.

Stoppage.
Kick it down the line.
Stoppage.

Etc etc etc.

Maybe the game plan reflected the quality of cattle he had.

Which might have been vindicated by the delisting of 1/4 of the team at season’s end.

“Immense IQ” LMFAO.

Stoppage.
Kick it down the line.
Stoppage.

Etc etc etc.

Those that appointed Shaw and those who judged this year’s draft better than last year’s are not the same people.

“Immense IQ” LMFAO.

Stoppage.
Kick it down the line.
Stoppage.

Etc etc etc.

All class as usual, Moochers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back