Training 2019 Pre-Season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I’d personally be okay with a finals win & aim for the top 4/second chance in 2020 & a real crack at the flag the following 6 years.
I’m more referring to internal expectations. They should be high. They need to be. There’s no great teams around at the moment. With even luck there’s no reason why we can’t win it.

The Y Factor

Team Captain
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Top 4 has to be the expectation.

I agree and feel like it’s possible with good health and form.

The big gap for me is the forward line.

I can’t quite settle in my mind what the forward line is going to look like.

Is it as simple as Wood playing the Waite type but not exactly role? A running half forward/ lead-up type giving two goals a day?

I feel like we will pick up a few goals a game from Hall/ Polec and a more experienced Jy.

Just got that question mark as to what the forward line looks like?

Snake_Baker

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pfffft, as if!
I agree and feel like it’s possible with good health and form.

The big gap for me is the forward line.

I can’t quite settle in my mind what the forward line is going to look like.

Is it as simple as Wood playing the Waite type but not exactly role? A running half forward/ lead-up type giving two goals a day?

I feel like we will pick up a few goals a game from Hall/ Polec and a more experienced Jy.

Just got that question mark as to what the forward line looks like?

Wood basically plays a Waite type role already.

Simpkin, Wood, Garner
Turner, Brown, Ziebell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kangatime

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What would we have done wrong if someone important got a Tom Mitchell injury during training, for example?
Not sure what you’re asking. It’s not unusual for top 4 teams to lose players. We’ve lost players in the last 5 years but it wasn’t this that stopped us getting top 4, it was the stuff we did wrong that cost us.

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Agreed. The Sydney game was the one that we ****ed up the most though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, those last 2 minutes were just football stupidity that reminded me very much of a Crows game some years back.

We should have iced the last 4 minutes when we were up, when JZ kicked that goal it should have been ICED

So many things went wrong in the last few minutes...

hilly

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I’m more referring to internal expectations. They should be high. They need to be. There’s no great teams around at the moment. With even luck there’s no reason why we can’t win it.
I hope the players and coaching staff want and believe they can win it all. Finishing 6th and getting belted in an interstate prelim is not the pinnacle.

RobZombie

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jays, Leafs
It's not set in concrete as blokes roll through the forward line. I expect B-Mac will get stints in there too.
Well yeah, obviously. Higgins, Hall, Dumont, Atley, Turner, Walker, LDU, Anderson would all expect to roll through there, and then there's Zurhaar, Larkey, Watson, Thomas, Taylor, Scott and Wilkinson who would all expect to press their case for a game.

I do expect McKay to basically take over the Majak role and Turner looks like one whose spot is under threat from the list turnover, along with Hrovat.

Top Bottom