Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that too but he injured his hammy late last year which had plenty of time to recover and he isn’t even playing a praccy match

Still say fork in both Wood and Garners career. They both have massive ability to play some X factor footy but their bodies are not built for footy

We will see.

I think that's just referring to his recovery from previous stuff, not a new one, though I may be wrong.

He actually took part in bits and pieces of the match which was a bit of a surprise. He wasn’t kitted out in a team guernsey, but was into some stoppage work for a period.

Campbell couldn't crack the team ahead of Roughead or Trengove. Perversely bizarre call.
History is paved with stories of underdogs prevailing:

Rocky
Karate Kid
Cool Runnings
The Little Rascals
Glory Road
Invictus
The Internship
Real Steel
Men of Honor

Sometimes a new environment, a bit of confidence, and some good luck with injuries are all it takes for all the pieces to click together. When I look at Campbell I see a fire lit inside deep from within. Bulldogs loss is our gain is goldy's loss.

History is paved with stories of underdogs prevailing:

Rocky
Karate Kid
Cool Runnings
The Little Rascals
Glory Road
Invictus
The Internship
Real Steel
Men of Honor

Sometimes a new environment, a bit of confidence, and some good luck with injuries are all it takes for all the pieces to click together. When I look at Campbell I see a fire lit inside deep from within. Bulldogs loss is our gain is goldy's loss.
To be fair how many of those underdogs won?

To be fair how many of those underdogs won?
Rocky - won our hearts and respect in 1. Victory in 2,3,4. A reminder that Rocky is number 1 in number 5. Won our hearts again in number 6
Karate Kid - won
Cool Runnings - won our hearts
The Little Rascals - Alfalfa won via his hair
Glory Road - won
Invictus - won
The Internship - won
Real Steel - won
Men of Honor - won

Meet the North Phoenixes. Both will rise from the ashes in 2019.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• oie_oie_overlay.gif
    oie_oie_overlay.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 82

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of food for thought, OM;

-Wood averaged more goals per game last year than Jack.
-Less behinds per game.
-2 less turnovers per game.
-Same marks Inside 50 per game.
-Less clangers per game.
-10% less TOG per game.
-10% better disposal efficiency per game..........

Now I'm not running Jack down here to make Mason look better. What I am trying to do is bring some balance to a perception.

Given a decent run with injury, 20 + games and some more ball coming his way, he can get the job done.

35 goals absolute minimum, I guarantee it.

Throw in 30/35 from the skipper, 55/60 from Brown and that's top 4.
I read your comments with interest. I generally agree with everything, but my one comment is this. Jack IS on the field and has been most of his career (minus suspension and early broken leg), whereas Wood is barely ahead of Garner (saying in jest) at getting on the field.

I think in an ideal world Wood would play, and be consistent, but reality is, he doesnt, and he isnt.

Just my humble opinion, but I think Wood is vastly overrated.... mainly due to injury and not getting on the field enough.

I missed most of the match sim but hung around and saw some other stuff.

They did stoppage situations right near me on the fence and yer they were going pretty hard.
They were going hard in match sim too. There's a shitload of blokes looking for midfield minutes this year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back