Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just going to say that. The composure to take the time to straighten up before hitting a target...:raisedhands:

You go through the clips and he knows whats around him. Just never seems to get blind sided.

I think he has the ability to evolve in to an excellent HBF in the latter part of his career.

But Brad won’t drop Goldy.

Jesus, do you think we could at least wait until round one before complaining about not dropping Goldy for Tom f******* Campbell?

Watching Cunners &Simpkin go at it I was expecting them to start punching on. Cunners is brutal but I was surprised how strong Simpkin was
One of my favourite things about Jy. He's a flair player in all the best ways but unlike many similar types he has a healthy amount of campaigner in him and is prepared to do all the dirty stuff as well. Players with that combination are a rare breed. Genuinely cannot wait to see the player he is going to be after about 80-ish games.

They also absolutely fluked about 6 or 7 goals from memory.
It was diabolical.

From memory something like their first 6 were from outside 50 and we couldn't buy a goal.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It was diabolical.

From memory something like their first 6 were from outside 50 and we couldn't buy a goal.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Some of the arseyist s**t you'll ever see.

One of my favourite things about Jy. He's a flair player in all the best ways but unlike many similar types he has a healthy amount of campaigner in him and is prepared to do all the dirty stuff as well. Players with that combination are a rare breed. Genuinely cannot wait to see the player he is going to be after about 80-ish games.

He’s going to be a star

Sooo... why all the silence on Tarryn Thomas?

Not mentioned in any of the NMFC rundowns or on the forums. Did I just imagine us recruiting him?

Taking a little while to settle in? Injured? What is the go, anyone know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's our highest draft pick, I think he's pretty important.

Anyone know how he went in practice match and how he has been at training?[/QUOTE

He was pretty quiet from what I could see apart from one breathtaking interception and goal.

I haven’t seen any other training so far so I can comment on that.

He played. No pressure is the best way to go with young blokes imo. Just look at how Carlton & Melbourne have hyped their youngsters and how it turned out.
Asking how someone has been playing can't possibly be pressure. If that is viewed as pressure, well ... I think we have problems.

My personal expectations, well he has clear talent, however he took a bit of time to get going when bumped up a division to a new team - So I think he might take a while to get properly confident and comfortable with us too.

Asking how someone has been playing can't possibly be pressure. If that is viewed as pressure, well ... I think we have problems.

My personal expectations, well he has clear talent, however he took a bit of time to get going when bumped up a division to a new team - So I think he might take a while to get properly confident and comfortable with us too.

I get that. That’s how he looks at the moment, a kid with a lot of potential. His draft pick gives him pressure, it’s Norths job to wind back that pressure not ramp it up.

Piss off Snake. We get it. You don't like AFLW.
No no no no, why in 2019 do we need to be bombarded with AFLW content?
Websites are categorised, if one wishes to read AFLW content they simply click onto the link....its all about choice and at present when websites do this (and those in charge) we don't.
Snake has a right to display his displeasure of no right to choose.

posting from my mobile.

No no no no, why in 2019 do we need to be bombarded with AFLW content?
Websites are categorised, if one wishes to read AFLW content they simply click onto the link....its all about choice and at present when websites do this (and those in charge) we don't.
Snake has a right to display his displeasure of no right to choose.

posting from my mobile.
You and I differ significantly on the definition of 'bombarded.'

Very deep analysis.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry. I didn't think you would be that interested. I'll give you the citation so you can read it in its entirety (sorry I would attach it but that would breach journal copyright - you can access it if you buy a subscription or alternatively I will upload it to my researchgate).

Guru, Groin (2019) Work Extrinsic and Intrinsic Motivation Scale: Its Value for Organisational Psychology Research: A Campbell vs. Goldstein case study. World Journal of Behavioural Science, Vol. 41(4), 213–226.

Here are some snippets:

goldy vs. campbell.jpg

Fig 2.3 Campbell vs. Golstein in key AFL attributes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back