Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Zurhaar, Watson and Larkey out & about today. Larkey is still very wiry, but he does have more definition.

I can never quite fathom just how lean the kids are these days. Ross Glendinning would have literally killed them.

A non-footy mate commented that the young players all looked like basketballers these days when I pointed out a group of pies youngsters.

Fwiw saw Petracca out and about during the break and he broke the trend of modern players all being tall and angular. Well put together kid.

How is this possible?

View attachment 608403

Some of you people have been telling me fibs.

He will be filthy on his previous performances if the whole "hes up himself" is true

No way North would have thrown a 3 year contract without some KPI or agreements in there to say "you owe us, now its time to show us what you're worth"

Lmac will have his best year in 2019 and following, I can feel it.

He will be filthy on his previous performances if the whole "hes up himself" is true

No way North would have thrown a 3 year contract without some KPI or agreements in there to say "you owe us, now its time to show us what you're worth"

Lmac will have his best year in 2019 and following, I can feel it.

Again, I suspect the addition of pace in the midfield will see the criticism of the members of the WBC diminish.

Luke is best when he can play the freewheeling half back role, and the injection of pace will allow that to happen with a greater propensity, as opposition midfields go more on the back foot.

You and I differ significantly on the definition of 'bombarded.'
We dont live in a time where click bait headlines earn coin for every click ??

North star injured = will mean one of the girls is injured.

Just wait and see.

I not shy to say I'm not a fan of AFLW ...... its a free world to express it.
Those who enjoy it thats fine. AFLW isnt AFL and all news should be under a subfolder on the website same here on BF.
If one wishes to read that content click onto the subfolder. Its that simple.

Just wait and see.

Those who enjoy it thats fine. AFLW isnt AFL and all news should be under a subfolder on the website same here on BF.
Yeah, but we still haven't been bombarded with it, as you initially said.

That's fine. I have no issue whatsoever with anyone who dislikes AFLW. I do have a problem when people excessively vocalise that thought with the sole intention of only letting people know how much they don't like it. I think constructive criticism is cool though because there's absolutely still areas where the game can be improved.

For the same reason, I agree that we should have a dedicated sub-forum for it, so that people who want to discuss it can without having to see people carry on about how much they hate it, while the people who do hate it dont have to see it. Although, to be fair, so far I think everyone's done a pretty good job of keeping the discussion to the dedicated AFLW thread, which is all we can do until/if a sub-forum does become available. It's a pretty easy thing to just not enter that thread if you don't want to see anything about it.

Just wait and see.

You're that simple. 👍

Yeah, but we still haven't been bombarded with it, as you initially said.

That's fine. I have no issue whatsoever with anyone who dislikes AFLW. I do have a problem when people excessively vocalise that thought with the sole intention of only letting people know how much they don't like it. I think constructive criticism is cool though because there's absolutely still areas where the game can be improved.

For the same reason, I agree that we should have a dedicated sub-forum for it, so that people who want to discuss it can without having to see people carry on about how much they hate it, while the people who do hate it dont have to see it. Although, to be fair, so far I think everyone's done a pretty good job of keeping the discussion to the dedicated AFLW thread, which is all we can do until/if a sub-forum does become available. It's a pretty easy thing to just not enter that thread if you don't want to see anything about it.

I rescind the word 'bombarded'...... but you get my drift. AFL branding/dominance in the Australian market >> Its all about da money !

I know we had 'match sim' recently. Any word on an intra club? I recall last year that we held an intra club on the Australia Day public holiday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we had 'match sim' recently. Any word on an intra club? I recall last year that we held an intra club on the Australia Day public holiday.
They generally have one on the Friday leading into the first "proper" praccy. I'll be keeping 8th/15th/22nd free.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Again, I suspect the addition of pace in the midfield will see the criticism of the members of the WBC diminish.

Luke is best when he can play the freewheeling half back role, and the injection of pace will allow that to happen with a greater propensity, as opposition midfields go more on the back foot.

Will Lmac get to play that role though?

Over time Scott has tended to go with taller types as the loose defender. Thompson, Maj, Hansen have all had extended runs as the loose defender.

When he has chosen to go with a smaller type it’s always been McMillan. I’m tipping McMillan would still get the nod over Luke to play that role. Pittard and Polec are also very suited to those roles.

Ah, didn't some BRAIN GENIUS have a massive sook that Garner is injured again and the club didn't tell us and it is time to take him down the creek and shoot him and then auction his s**t on eBay?

This weather really could throw Essendon's preseason off track if they haven't got enough ice in the carfridge holding the AMINO ACIDS AND VITAMINS and they all melt. Again. And thus they can;t use them, even if they were banned drugs, which they aren't. They are good versions of banned drugs and they didn't take them even though when they did take them they knew they weren't banned drugs.

Ah, didn't some BRAIN GENIUS have a massive sook that Garner is injured again and the club didn't tell us and it is time to take him down the creek and shoot him and then auction his s**t on eBay?
bullshit, no he didnt.

He said gumtree. Nobody uses ebay anymore.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-01-25/afl-mid-recruits-shine

Some excerpts:

Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson look set to become important additions to North Melbourne's midfield after the recruits shone in Friday's match simulation session at Arden Street.
Hall's run and carry and delivery inside forward 50 was noticeable during the Roos' intraclub practice match, while Tyson continues to make every post a winner with the way he was able to find the ball in an inside midfield role.
In the only real concern, back-up ruckman Tom Campbell copped a knock to his shoulder which needed to be iced up and he took no part in the second half of match practice.

After an up and down 2018, Luke McDonald's form across half-back would have been encouraging for North fans. McDonald used his attacking flair with the ball to pinpoint passes and he took the game on with his legs as well.
With Jack Ziebell (calf) and Ben Brown (knee) still sidelined, gun midfielder Ben Cunnington was trialled as the deepest forward out of the goalsquare at times as the Kangaroos look to expand their attacking options.

Robbie Tarrant (calf) did not take part in the match practice but was running a decent pace, while Ziebell completed strides and ball work, with Jasper Pittard and Sam Durdin other players to remain with the rehab group.
Paul Ahern did not play in the match practice, but it is understood he was being managed after a heavy training program over the last week, while Ben Jacobs was also managed after training on Monday and Wednesday.

bullshit, no he didnt.

He said gumtree. Nobody uses ebay anymore.
Do they? (serious question, not a smug one)

All I know is when I have tried to use Ebay it's all over the place. They've tried to do so many things with it and have just jumbled the site that it's not that user and sell friendly IMO..

So under a month now until we get to see some action. Can't wait.

Do they? (serious question, not a smug one)

All I know is when I have tried to use Ebay it's all over the place. They've tried to do so many things with it and have just jumbled the site that it's not that user and sell friendly IMO..

So under a month now until we get to see some action. Can't wait.
I'm just irritated that not only do Paypal users lose a cut of their sales but Ebay takes a chunk out as well. Makes it almost pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back