Training 2019 Pre-Season

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If were missing Tarrant for Rd 1 we'll just need to adapt for a week. We get Thompson back Rd2.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Its still a punch in the gut when a few weeks ago we were looking fresh enough to steamroll Freo on paper, and in just matter of a couple weeks our backline has been decimated.

Thompsons suspension didn't seem like a big deal early on, now its a whack. I don't want another repeat of last season where losing Round 1 bites us in the ass on the road to september.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not that I would know anything at all.......
We fielded a very inexperienced side and took right up to them, scores weren't kept. Our back line understandably was undersized.
Best on for North in order if i was taking a stab in the dark- LDU, McDonald, Dom Tyson, Williams, Dumont, K Turner.

Hall got plenty of it but wasted the ball- maybe first game and trying too much to be creative. Brown wasn't the acurate one and could have kicked six.
Scott and Taylor both really impressed and both should open their accounts at some stage in 2019. Such better prospects than others we have had on the list over the last couple of years, things are looking up.

I think we may have actually won against a fairly strong Geelong line up

McKay and Larkey did ok.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Its still a punch in the gut when a few weeks ago we were looking fresh enough to steamroll Freo on paper, and in just matter of a couple weeks our backline has been decimated.

Thompsons suspension didn't seem like a big deal early on, now its a whack. I don't want another repeat of last season where losing Round 1 bites us in the ass on the road to september.
Firstly there's no guarantee Tarrant won't play.

If he does we'll be going in with probably an ideally balanced defence. 2 talls, a mid tall, a lock down small, plus 2 attacking hbf.

If he doesn't play, it's up to our midfield to ensure they don't get enough quality ball down there to expose our undersized defence.

What I don't expect is the team to curl up into the foetal position because we are undermanned diwn back for 1 week.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Not that I would know anything at all.......
We fielded a very inexperienced side and took right up to them, scores weren't kept. Our back line understandably was undersized.
Best on for North in order if i was taking a stab in the dark- LDU, McDonald, Dom Tyson, Williams, Dumont, K Turner.

Hall got plenty of it but wasted the ball- maybe first game and trying too much to be creative. Brown wasn't the acurate one and could have kicked six.
Scott and Taylor both really impressed and both should open their accounts at some stage in 2019. Such better prospects than others we have had on the list over the last couple of years, things are looking up.

I think we may have actually won against a fairly strong Geelong line up

McKay and Larkey did ok.
Well naturally you'd expect us to win.

Didn't sneak in did we?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well naturally you'd expect us to win.

Didn't sneak in did we?

No I work at a BP servo in Geelong, Hawkins dropped in on the way home and bought six pies. I asked him how it went as i passed his $2.75 change out of the fifty he handed me. Yeah they were on special.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
No I work at a BP servo in Geelong, Hawkins dropped in on the way home and bought six pies. I asked him how it went as i passed his $2.75 change out of the fifty he handed me. Yeah they were on special.
Good to hear that Tommy has cut back.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently Channel 9 have helicopter pictures of the scratch match! Well it’s something
images

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Firstly there's no guarantee Tarrant won't play.

If he does we'll be going in with probably an ideally balanced defence. 2 talls, a mid tall, a lock down small, plus 2 attacking hbf.

If he doesn't play, it's up to our midfield to ensure they don't get enough quality ball down there to expose our undersized defence.

What I don't expect is the team to curl up into the foetal position because we are undermanned diwn back for 1 week.

Well ofcourse we'll be fine Round 2, but it ain't the focus nor should it be. I think we'd like to start off with a win but its a big ask if Tarrant doesn't get up to play and expect the midfield will dictate the match to not get the defence too hammered. Obviously with the bolstered midfield things aren't as much of a worry as they were before, but its hard to say what will happen. Even the JLT won't show us what we're capable of.

I am confident also that Taz will play, his injury is short term enough where he can get up for Round 1. As of now though, I can't predict what'll happen, theres an element of excitement about that I suppose.

But again, a loss that will hurt us later is something we can't afford to have.

Back