Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

One word... Remember Big Bill Berry vs Paul Salmon. The fish was on tiptoes even as he ran onto the ground. * Supporters were crying due to the pre-match rumours that BBB #1 was gonna deck Salmon. Of course, perceived fear did the job that day.

PS: that was more than one word.

That brings back some memories. I was at that game. We nearly pulled of a huge upset.

One word... Remember Big Bill Berry vs Paul Salmon. The fish was on tiptoes even as he ran onto the ground. * Supporters were crying due to the pre-match rumours that BBB #1 was gonna deck Salmon. Of course, perceived fear did the job that day.

PS: that was more than one word.
I once stood in a lift with Paul Salmon and I remember thinking he was quite tall.

I once went with an Essendon mate to a bombers preseason training season when the Madden Bros were both still at Essendon. F me, J Madden was sooo tall

Saw A Sandilands in the Margaret River last year, he was way way bigger

Goldy is much more agile than Campbell. Goldy would be better suited to handling Lobb than Campbell.

Also Goldy could actually run him around the ground a bit and his eleite running capacity from CHB.

Then have McKay minding Hogan & EVW on Taberner.
Yeah definitely not. Absolutely zero chance Goldy will line up in the backline

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Tazz Doesn’t end up playing round 1 reckon would could throw Goldy to CHB and bring in Campbell to do 75% of the ruckwork.

Goldy would be able to do the job on Lobb (and would smash him around the ground) leaving McKay on Hogan and EVW on Taberner.

I’d play McKay whoever is the deepest forward - don’t want him chasing hogan up to the wings and getting blown up.

Haven't heard much on Ben Jacobs recently. Does anyone know how he is tracking? Is he expected to play round 1?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Still has vertigo issues apparently and we're playing the long game with him.

No other problems fitness wise from what I know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking ahead to next weekend against saints hoping for the below team

B: Williams McKay EVW
HB: McDonald Thompson Murphy
C: Polec Tyson Hall
HF: Garner Wood Ziebell
F: Simpkin Brown Turner
R: Goldy Higgins Cunners
I: Ahern Dumont Atley Wilkinson/Zurhaar

No Anderson?

Is Pittard, UDL and TT unavailable? Would love to see them too. Particularly TT
There'll likely be a bench of 8. Pretty sure you'll see LDU.

I'd expect to see something like

Williams McKay EVW
Macmillan Thompson McDonald

Polec Cunnington Dumont
Goldstein Higgins Tyson

Hall Brown Simpkin
Atley Zeibell Wood

Wright Pittard LDU Ahern Hrovat Turner Larkey Campbell

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

looking ahead to next weekend against saints hoping for the below team

B: Williams McKay EVW
HB: McDonald Thompson Murphy
C: Polec Tyson Hall
HF: Garner Wood Ziebell
F: Simpkin Brown Turner
R: Goldy Higgins Cunners
I: Ahern Dumont Atley Wilkinson/Zurhaar

No Mac Millan?
Not even on the interchange bench?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously not in
Unless you want to see us practice how to miss tackles and lose one on ones

He’s in the leadership group great man
We can’t pretend he’s the bastardised love child we keep hidden in a room

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I once stood in a lift with Paul Salmon and I remember thinking he was quite tall.
Until a year or so back, I worked with an Indian dude who was about 7' tall. He used to put whiteboard markers on the top of the boards where nobody else could reach, and he had to duck under the projectors in meeting rooms.

Horace will no doubt have known Ab Fox (Albert) who was Australia's tallest man. He was over 7' but I can't quite recall how tall exactly. Came from around where H grew up. He was a really great guy as I recall (I was fairly young when he died).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back