Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy again to hear positive things about Mason again, just hoping it translates to consistency, even if it isn't dominating.

Not only that it looks like the guy behind Joelb's shoulder is fighting a guy in a gimp mask. What is it WWF?
They're gloves not a mask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not going to be the usual preseason. I hope the club & players take as long as they need.

Bit more on this, obviously they’re coming back because we’ve got season 2019 coming up and we want to be as successful as possible. As tough as it would be, the footy must roll on. Don’t envy the club at all. Which way do the media department report on the return of the players? Considering the way certain media outlets handled the Maj reporting after being asked to stop, IMO those networks/papers can GGF. Tell them we don’t want you there. As much as I’m throffing for the footy to start, It wouldn’t even bother me if the club decided the best option was to have a low key start back without any media reports.

The flip side is, we also want to build hype to help with membership numbers heading into the year.

Very delicate situation.

Bit more on this, obviously they’re coming back because we’ve got season 2019 coming up and we want to be as successful as possible. As tough as it would be, the footy must roll on. Don’t envy the club at all. Which way do the media department report on the return of the players? Considering the way certain media outlets handled the Maj reporting after being asked to stop, IMO those networks/papers can GGF. Tell them we don’t want you there. As much as I’m throffing for the footy to start, It wouldn’t even bother me if the club decided the best option was to have a low key start back without any media reports.

The flip side is, we also want to build hype to help with membership numbers heading into the year.

Very delicate situation.

There's no easy direction for on or off field staff in this process. Will have to resort to cliche and say they can only do their best to make the right decisions.

We might all (and I'm saying this to myself as much as anyone else) need to be forgiving down the track if / when the momentum of the season grabs us if things do go awry. It will have been a tough summer for all involved at the club and frankly they might be mentally shot even now not knowing which way to move or feel.

There's no easy direction for on or off field staff in this process. Will have to resort to cliche and say they can only do their best to make the right decisions.

We might all (and I'm saying this to myself as much as anyone else) need to be forgiving down the track if / when the momentum of the season grabs us if things do go awry. It will have been a tough summer for all involved at the club and frankly they might be mentally shot even now not knowing which way to move or feel.

It will effect everyone differently as people have a different way of dealing with things. I just feel it’s going to really hit when they all turn up and Maj isn’t there. Maj himself might even feel it.

You’re right. It will impact them and they may be drained.

But it may also galvanize the club and players to create a unity and purpose that makes a stronger a more cohesive team. It could be a tragic catalyst for an inspired and successful year.

I think the later. They will be on a mission this year.

You’re right. It will impact them and they may be drained.

But it may also galvanize the club and players to create a unity and purpose that makes a stronger a more cohesive team. It could be a tragic catalyst for an inspired and successful year.

I think the later. They will be on a mission this year.
You're right. We galvanise. It's the time to stand up and fight!

Brad Scott - first day back:
I don't know what to say really.
A few months
to the biggest battle of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
Either
we heal
as a team
or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch
play by play
till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen
believe me
and
we can stay here
and get the s**t kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way
back into the light.
We can climb out of hell.
One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think of all the potential this team has.
I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.
We are winners...but we haven't delivered for too long.
And that doesn't sit well with me, and it shouldn't with you either.

You know when you get old in life
things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
But,
you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football.
Because in either game
life or football
the margin for error is so small.
I mean
one half step too late or to early
you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever break of the game
every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us
to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our fingernails for that inch.
Cause we know
when we add up all those inches
that's going to make the ******* difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between a PREMIERSHIP and NOTHING.

I'll tell you this
in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to put his body on the line
who is going to win that inch.
And I know
if we are going to win anything
it is because, we are still willing to fight for that inch
because that is what WINNING A PREMIERSHIP IS.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.
You're doing it for yourselves and your teammates.
You're doing it for Majak.
You're doing it for the jumper you're wearing now and what it represents.
You're doing it for the members that support you through thick and thin.
You're doing it for all those great minds on the big footy North board.
You're doing it because there is no greater feeling than celebrating a win (not too much celebrating Luke).

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will lose as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back