marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Tippo’s Buck Show a few weeks back. Look who’s right amongst it at the front.

651678B4-B8F1-41AA-99BF-043FD860EB1C.jpeg

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I’d personally be okay with a finals win & aim for the top 4/second chance in 2020 & a real crack at the flag the following 6 years.

I’m more referring to internal expectations. They should be high. They need to be. There’s no great teams around at the moment. With even luck there’s no reason why we can’t win it.

Top 4 has to be the expectation.

I agree and feel like it’s possible with good health and form.

The big gap for me is the forward line.

I can’t quite settle in my mind what the forward line is going to look like.

Is it as simple as Wood playing the Waite type but not exactly role? A running half forward/ lead-up type giving two goals a day?

I feel like we will pick up a few goals a game from Hall/ Polec and a more experienced Jy.

Just got that question mark as to what the forward line looks like?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I agree and feel like it’s possible with good health and form.

The big gap for me is the forward line.

I can’t quite settle in my mind what the forward line is going to look like.

Is it as simple as Wood playing the Waite type but not exactly role? A running half forward/ lead-up type giving two goals a day?

I feel like we will pick up a few goals a game from Hall/ Polec and a more experienced Jy.

Just got that question mark as to what the forward line looks like?

Wood basically plays a Waite type role already.

Simpkin, Wood, Garner
Turner, Brown, Ziebell

It's not set in concrete as blokes roll through the forward line. I expect B-Mac will get stints in there too.
Yep, Wood, Brown & JZ the constants with a revolving cast floating through depending on match-ups, conditions, etc.

What would we have done wrong if someone important got a Tom Mitchell injury during training, for example?
Not sure what you’re asking. It’s not unusual for top 4 teams to lose players. We’ve lost players in the last 5 years but it wasn’t this that stopped us getting top 4, it was the stuff we did wrong that cost us.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Agreed. The Sydney game was the one that we ****ed up the most though.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, those last 2 minutes were just football stupidity that reminded me very much of a Crows game some years back.

We should have iced the last 4 minutes when we were up, when JZ kicked that goal it should have been ICED

So many things went wrong in the last few minutes...

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I’m more referring to internal expectations. They should be high. They need to be. There’s no great teams around at the moment. With even luck there’s no reason why we can’t win it.

I hope the players and coaching staff want and believe they can win it all. Finishing 6th and getting belted in an interstate prelim is not the pinnacle.

Back