Training 2019 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

You and I differ significantly on the definition of 'bombarded.'

JBymTN3.gif

Sooo... why all the silence on Tarryn Thomas?

Not mentioned in any of the NMFC rundowns or on the forums. Did I just imagine us recruiting him?

Taking a little while to settle in? Injured? What is the go, anyone know?
God forbid the club tries not to oversell a young kid, what with all the backlash some of the assholes who support this club gave them after LDU's recruitment

A friend walked past Arden St today and said 30 odd of the boys were doing suicide runs and that McDonald won comfortably.

inb4 grog / bad attitude jokes.

There was a can waiting at the end of each run?

Sorry. I didn't think you would be that interested. I'll give you the citation so you can read it in its entirety (sorry I would attach it but that would breach journal copyright - you can access it if you buy a subscription or alternatively I will upload it to my researchgate).

Guru, Groin (2019) Work Extrinsic and Intrinsic Motivation Scale: Its Value for Organisational Psychology Research: A Campbell vs. Goldstein case study. World Journal of Behavioural Science, Vol. 41(4), 213–226.

Here are some snippets:

View attachment 608149

Fig 2.3 Campbell vs. Golstein in key AFL attributes
"Look in his Eye" analysis is extremely underrated.

A friend walked past Arden St today and said 30 odd of the boys were doing suicide runs and that McDonald won comfortably.

inb4 grog / bad attitude jokes.
Hopefully he didn't rub the win in anyone's face or make a joke otherwise the humble police will be posting their condemnation!

Yes, but what is he doing in his spare time!!!!!!!!!!

I need empty zooper dooper wrappers and lot's of 'em!!!!!!!

Shithouse attitude Luke!!!!:thumbsdown:

I think most people had an issue with his dogshit form in 2018 rather than his after hours activity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most people had an issue with his dogshit form in 2018 rather than his after hours activity.
Well that's it, isn't it? But some think he wasn't too bad at all. The coaching staff however...

Syd Barker 2017: 5th with 192 votes at 8.73 per game
Syd Barker 2018: 18th with 101 votes at 4.59 per game

If that isn't a drop off in performance then I don't know what is. And if that didn't correlate with what we were seeing on the field then I'm Wayne Carey's illegitimate love child.

So, if a player is going to drop his bundle then he his going to cop a whack and will be under scrutiny.

I'm backing the bloke in to bounce back this year, but I won't bury my head in the sand in regards to his performance and attitude in 2018.

Is there a betting futures market for when Luke will get his first Brownlow vote?
Hansen pick 3 2006 - 41st game
Ziebell pick 9 2008 - 11th game
Cunnington pick 5 2009 - 69th game
Luke McDonald pick 8 2013 - 96 games into his career with 0 Brownlow votes.

Just asking how he is going.

The sensitivity around this is a bit surprising.

I'm not sure why you're surprised? Perhaps some of us here know TT personally and understand the pressures he's going through on field… and in particular off field!

From what I was told by people at the practice match, he was ok, not outstanding, just ok… with limited time. I guess others that were there would better informed

Not having a go at you Czero, just be patient

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was driving past Arden Street today and saw the boys out training. Stopped for about 10 minutes and had a look. Didn't see too much but what I did see:

- Some guy in orange monstering Goldy in a few ruck contests (a sample size of 3)
- Garner going at about 80% from the boundary line
- A couple of the guys look massive. One of the indigenous boys looked so ripped I caught myself sucking the guts in. Couldn't make out who it was
- Benny Brown must of had 20 shots on goal while I was there
- They now use sticks in the ground with wire outlines of guys standing on the mark to kick over. Wish I'd thought of that
- Some guy sitting under a tree on his phone. Thought he might be on BF so I gave him a "how you going mate?" I think he was Canadian because he looked at me like I'd asked him for any spare change

But the highlight was an old fella having a kick about behind the goals, I hope he posts here because he's a legend. Very entertaining.

Really needs to work on his ball drop though.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back