Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hendo and Taylor are both good defenders but Taylor is the better forward IMO.
Matters not. The very fact we are moving deck chairs around reflects the problem. This is the one player we can ill-afford to lose. We move on, but it will not be a static choice, we will have to move players all night.

Hes ok but hes like half their side hes overrated. Its their system that wins for them not talent.
He's more than OK. Their side is hardly overrated. Won their last 11, including a hot Brisbane away.

He's more than OK. Their side is hardly overrated. Won their last 11, including a hot Brisbane away.

I said their talent is overrated they have a stack of D graders in there (notPrestia who is a decent B+ grader). Their system and how they work together as a team is not overrated.

Why cant Stanley ruck with blicavs as kpd and 2nd ruck instead of Sav (i just dont want Stanley forward).
I want to see Stanley stay as the #1 ruck - maybe go forward if he wants a rest but not play predominately forward

I think we'll need Blicavs in defence this week, which means the questions becomes do we use as defender as the #2 ruck or stick with Ratugolea as the #2 ruck

I want to see Stanley stay as the #1 ruck - maybe go forward if he wants a rest but not play predominately forward

I think we'll need Blicavs in defence this week, which means the questions becomes do we use as defender as the #2 ruck or stick with Ratugolea as the #2 ruck

For me option 2 we have enough marking defenders to cover Blitz rucking 5 min a qtr.

Brisbane were anything but hot in their final against Richmond.
Hot first Q. Clearly smashed by Richmond after that. They beat them twice and virtually snuffed out all their confidence. Their GF was beating us.

Not for me. Dusty is bigger and stronger. He'd monster him.

Dusty will get Selwood or Menegola in midfield and Kolo or Stewart when he goes forward.

I said their talent is overrated they have a stack of D graders in there (notPrestia who is a decent B+ grader). Their system and how they work together as a team is not overrated.
Stack of D graders? Come on. Name one. And you said like half their side, he's overrated.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Kolo seems the likely call-up there. Strong, quick, and was good v De Goey rd 1.
Dusty will play more midfield than he did against the Lions is the talk. Oh how I wish we had an obvious match-up as he doesn't have a big engine or is that keen to chase.

Mar 14, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Matters not. The very fact we are moving deck chairs around reflects the problem. This is the one player we can ill-afford to lose. We move on, but it will not be a static choice, we will have to move players all night.

I'm with you on this. Throwing HarryT forward is just too destabilising. He's played a few cameos up forward but that was a few years ago and he's lost a yard since then. It's simply not worth the risk and given he's the obvious matchup for Lynch I'm fairly confident that will be where he lines up.

Dusty will play more midfield than he did against the Lions is the talk. Oh how I wish we had an obvious match-up as he doesn't have a big engine or is that keen to chase.
Guthrie.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
No chance Rohan plays.
Poor form, but more importantly, is barely running straight lines at half pace. 5% chance he'll play.
Cats are just putting Rohan as an opetion out there, to keep Richmond second guessing.

I reckon we might start with Stanley deep in attack at the start of the game. Just to mix things up. Blicavs to the Ruck.

But they will do the switch-a-roo mid game or earlier, and send Taylor down there.

Guthrie takes Dusty in the middle; and when Dusty goes forward he will be greeted with either Bews or O'Connor.

Tuohy on the wing.

Capitano will start in the guts, he was excellent last week, and I can see him tearing the Tigers a new one...

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
1000% Spot On

Thats why i would have preferred ( assuming that Rohan is still injured and unavailable ) a smaller running player to come in - rather than a 6ft 4 inc plodder

Henderson did play well in that Swans final win against Franklin - but it wasnt just him against Franklin - it was Taylor and him against Franklin - they double teamed him all night in a slow motion game - cant see that working against Richmond

Bud was seriously injured that game. Not a good example. Hendo dud against fleet of fast agile small. Bics needed at full back to repel and run all night. Although would not be surprised if they bics to Martin. Not at all. Hendo in means disaster. Just frigging bring in a hawk replacement and leave it at that. Smith or fort and keep em deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stack of D graders? Come on. Name one. And you said like half their side, he's overrated.

Broad (possibly candidate for worst premiership player ever) Soldo Nankervis Castagna Baker Short Ellis Graham andCaddy islucky to beat Cgrade on agood day. But they all know their role and play to a role which is what makes them good.

Bud was seriously injured that game. Not a good example. Hendo dud against fleet of fast agile small. Bics needed at full back to repel and run all night. Although would not be surprised if they bics to Martin. Not at all. Hendo in means disaster. Just frigging bring in a hawk replacement and leave it at that. Smith or fort and keep em deep.

We dont have a hawk replacement. Fort Abbott Smith Buzza all duds and weare not debuting Kreuger in a game like this.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If both Hendo and Rohan come in who comes out with Hawk? Menegola, Narkle?
Narkle. But it won't happen. Rohan won't play.

Broad (possibly candidate for worst premiership player ever) Soldo Nankervis Castagna Baker Short Ellis Graham andCaddy islucky to beat Cgrade on agood day. But they all know their role and play to a role which is what makes them good.
I'd have a look at Ellis or Castagna if they were cheap at trade and contract $. Ellis as a FA is okay.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong

Yep - Cats have gone from a sneaky chance to a flukers chance

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
We dont have a hawk replacement. Fort Abbott Smith Buzza all duds and weare not debuting Kreuger in a game like this.
Suprisingly Abbott's tackle numbers are decent...

Poor Wylie, no love for him anywhere, lol...

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Not for me. Dusty is bigger and stronger. He'd monster him.

Dusty would whack him confident in the knowledge that no one is going to report him for anything other than careless unintentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back