Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can quote you many many abusive tigers posts if you want and many have been in this thread too

Give me a spell there isn’t a more arrogant bunch of supporters than the tigers , you would had thought the last 30-40 years would had taught you abit about humility.

Most of my family are Tigers supporters. I'd always had a soft spot for them and they've had a soft spot for us. They are good Tiger supporters but a large majority of them as you point out, are arrogant and over the top. Painful. They've really put me off them. I would never tell my family, but I'm secretly hating them now and I can't wait for the day they go back to being the irrelevant and pathetic club they were for nearly 40-years.

Most of my family are Tigers supporters. I'd always had a soft spot for them and they've had a soft spot for us. They are good Tiger supporters but a large majority of them as you point out, are arrogant and over the top. Painful. They've really put me off them. I would never tell my family, but I'm secretly hating them now and I can't wait for the day they go back to being the irrelevant and pathetic club they were for nearly 40-years.

Are you the black sheep or should I say Black Cat ?

Life would have been pleasant for a long period of time but not so much the last few.. that 2017 game put Rich up there in the hate ladder for mine

Last edited:
He was a very ordinary KF/KD at the Saints. That game against the Dogs we won by 10 goals and he was on Fletcher Roberts.

I believe he was injured that game and has carried something since. Only likes one on ones since. Never flies. Who knows could be a blessing in disguise as rich can double triple team him. Still a massive loss and puts us on back foot.

Gerard looked pained on 360 as to our chances. Made me feel same. Scott’s weird hyper mood tues just adds to malaise. Rich will kill us or so they say on chiefs fred for Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To be fair, this is it to a tee...

Just like all teams we have some arrogant supporters etc. but in all honesty we haven't really changed, we just have more to be happy about than we ever had before...

And you point is a two way street... No-one cared about our arrogant supporters because we were sh!t, we were just laughed away, now that our team is having a good run, it's more how others see us rather than us changing, people just can't laugh us off anymore because our team is going through a decent patch, and laughing at us and telling us how sh!t we are doesn't work anymore...

Its all in good jest in the end...

I agree, nothing has changed as I knew what many tiger fans were like but opposition fans could just laugh it off and likely we were that particular set of supporters.
This is possibly why tiger fans dislike the cats so much and our fans are a bit stunned by it all. Most of us treated your club with contempt.

I’ve always thought of people who used to like Richmond as a 2nd favourite as very naive. They had no idea what would come.

Even before 2017, I said Richmond are bigger than Collingwood and a flag would prove it.

Ok, I have no idea really. Glad it's not up to me. I trust CS to make the correct decision- as he says, his team of coaches have ALL THE INFO AND KNOWLEDGE.

Yes he does ... all he needs is an iron throne... he he seems to hate reminding all that he and his team of coach are so much more in the know than those outside the royal circle. He is really on some sort of deviation from the norm now ... what is his mindset saying what he did about Richmond ?

He is brave I will give him that... he will cop heaps if they pump us...

I believe he was injured that game and has carried something since. Only likes one on ones since. Never flies. Who knows could be a blessing in disguise as rich can double triple team him. Still a massive loss and puts us on back foot.

Gerard looked pained on 360 as to our chances. Made me feel same. Scott’s weird hyper mood tues just adds to malaise. Rich will kill us or so they say on chiefs fred for Friday.

Don’t worry about Gerard, he is a slow learner who kept thinking West Coast was still the 2nd best side.

I can quote you many many abusive tigers posts if you want and many have been in this thread too

Give me a spell there isn’t a more arrogant bunch of supporters than the tigers , you would had thought the last 30-40 years would had taught you abit about humility.
I wont argue there's plenty of abuse from our supporters...There is, but if you think that is a one way street, there's your mistake, we, like every club I will point out, get smashed by certain sets of supporters...

And during those 30-40 years of pain, do you think we didn't cop it from everyone... all the Richmond finishing ninth jokes, ribbing of all the sacked coaches, there was a never ending line of things people could pot us for. There was limited humility shown towards us, yet you expect it to be reciprocated when we go through a good patch.

And trust me, WCE and Adelaide fans lead the most arrogant supporters bases by a country mile, thats coming from someone who has lived in both states to experience it first hand.

Are you the black sheep or should I say Black Cat ?

Life would have been pleasant for a long period of time but not so much the last few.. that 2017 game put Rich up there in the hate ladder for mine

Ha ha, definitely the black cat. Yes, that 2017 game certainly catapulted the Tigers up the hate ladder. All of the ferals came out of the wood work. They are the biggest bandwagon supporters going around.

I wont argue there's plenty of abuse from our supporters...There is, but if you think that is a one way street, there's your mistake, we, like every club I will point out, get smashed by certain sets of supporters...

And during those 30-40 years of pain, do you think we didn't cop it from everyone... all the Richmond finishing ninth jokes, ribbing of all the sacked coaches, there was a never ending line of things people could pot us for. There was limited humility shown towards us, yet you expect it to be reciprocated when we go through a good patch.

And trust me, WCE and Adelaide fans lead the most arrogant supporters bases by a country mile, thats coming from someone who has lived in both states to experience it first hand.
Read the main board match day thread and then get back to me champ

Easily the most arrogant bunch of flogs

Gerard is just another person in the media who has written us off and given us no chance. They all have. It means nothing regarding our prospects. Our coach and players will believe they can win, that's all that matters in my eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the main board match day thread and then get back to me champ

Easily the most arrogant bunch of flogs
hahaha Champ, what are you, 5?

And I don't go anywhere near the main board, it full of weirdos from every team... so maybe thats your problem.

I certainly don't pin other club supporters from what happens on the main board.

Back to the footy, if we think your a tall short, I wonder i we start our second ruck on the field, and try and stretch you down back...

Jack, Lynch and say Soldo would have one or two or your defenders giving away a fair bit of height wouldn't it?

And I don't go anywhere near the main board, it full of weirdos from every team... so maybe thats your problem.

I certainly don't pin other club supporters from what happens on the main board.

Back to the footy, if we think your a tall short, I wonder i we start our second ruck on the field, and try and stretch you down back...

Jack, Lynch and say Soldo would have one or two or your defenders giving away a fair bit of height wouldn't it?
No that’ll be the average age of the tigers bandwagon supporters judging by their short memories and attitude

One thing in our favour is last weeks game against the Eagles. Perfect preparation for what's to come. We had to dig deep against a quality side. We were made to earn that win. That's what I would consider to be a perfect preparation. If we had of run away with a 10-goal win, that's no ideal IMO.

Nope - last week we only played 2 defenders under 190cm and if Richmond do go tall then Blicavs will play as a permanent defender

We're not particularly tall especially if we play Blicavs out of defence.
Geelong seem to have a liking for small skilled players, there is a lack of quality talls on the list hence the stress over who can replace Hawkins.
Even suggestions that Rohan or Menegola are best options both are under 190cm.
Personally l'd bring in Smith because you guys play 2 rucks and Nankervis will play central defence.

Hoping we turn up from the first bounce, like last week. If we play 4 quarters and can match their intensity and pressure we will be in it up to our ears.

My guess is whatever the qtr time margin is will be the margin at the end of the game give or take a goal each way (hope that makes sense):think:.
In relation to who is coming in for Hawkins, I hope the MC are putting less emphasis into their selections based on the bloody weather. We all saw what happened against the pies, just pick the best team available to play against the Tigers. We are going to need a lot to go right but we are not without a chance.

I’m taking 3 kids under 10 with me, so it’s either going to be a sugar filled jubilant car trip back to Geelong or a silent, grumpy, screaming match from drivers seat. Either way I’ll be staying to the end to congratulate and thank Harry, Gaz and TK on their services to our great club. Hopefully we get to do it again in a weeks time.

Our biggest loss this year was by 34 points, and our average losing margin is something like two goals. If we get done, we won’t get “killed”. It will be a tight game and we’re certainly a solid chance. Our record without Tomahawk is very good, and our record at the MCG against finalists this year is better than Richmond’s. I’m an eternal optimist, but I’m tipping us to win this one.

At least we can agree on something, Adelaide supporters are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back