Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

26% of Cats posters here think Richmond will win by 40+ points? Seriously?

I tipped Richmond basically to jinx them, Geelong have always won when I tip against them, although I didn't do the poll would rather just leave that.

Taylor forward fails much more than it works. Thought they gave up on it after the Dogs game this year.
Id be amazed if Henderson works forward.
It's ridiculous really. Gone from giving us a chance to thinking we're screwed.
This is really boring stuff. Offer the solution; don't just dismiss what they are putting forward by itself.

I hope our players do not have the same attitude of many of our fans. We are one win away from a GF - this is a good moment.

I remember how excited I was in 2004, when we were back in the Prelim for the first time in years. One win from a Grand Final. We have become a pretty entitled supporter group.

I remember how excited I was in 2004, when we were back in the Prelim for the first time in years. One win from a Grand Final. We have become a pretty entitled supporter group.

Can remember the same. This is a huge opportunity. Richmond, are not invincible. They choked last year / a few early goals will bring back some lasting memories. I genuinely fancy us. I could be wrong - but really feel we can ride Danger home this final series. Some of his big moments have been huge and Richmond dont tend to pay him a close tag.

This is really boring stuff. Offer the solution; don't just dismiss what they are putting forward by itself.

I have to say I agree on the first two points.....Taylor forward does rarely work, and I too will be amazed if Hendo up forward works either.

That said, there's no obvious alternative, without 'reaching' just as desperately by selecting someone left field like Fort or Cocky. Which probably demonstrates that we're pushing the proverbial uphill.

I'm bloody excited. Its after 9.30pm, I'm sitting here not wearing a jumper for the first time in a while. I have a scotch in one hand and I cannot stop thinking about a footy game that hasn't been played yet.
WHAT is going to happen?!
Are Selwood and Danger going to stamp their mark? Is the forward line going to be wild and ruthless? Will the back 50 operate like my girlfriend in high school and smile sadly whilst rejecting any forward momentum?

Dreams. It's all dreams at the moment and that's a bloody beautiful thing.

I have to say I agree on the first two points.....Taylor forward does rarely work, and I too will be amazed if Hendo up forward works either.

That said, there's no obvious alternative, without 'reaching' just as desperately by selecting someone left field like Fort or Cocky. Which probably demonstrates that we're pushing the proverbial uphill.
^ This I like. "This isn't ideal but there's not much we can do".

Rather than "f'ing idiots are clueless, we have no chance now".

You know, I know, we all know that Taylor or Henderson forward is not going to work.
Since I'm not getting paid a million bucks a year with a whole bunch of assistants around me I would of hoped they could come up with a better solution without my help!
But personally would of played Fort. Seemed our "if Hawkins goes down, try this" idea earlier in the year. And it worked ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I know, we all know that Taylor or Henderson forward is not going to work.
Since I'm not getting paid a million bucks a year with a whole bunch of assistants around me I would of hoped they could come up with a better solution without my help!
But personally would of played Fort. Seemed our "if Hawkins goes down, try this" idea earlier in the year. And it worked ok.
So you've got nothing. Angry man yells at cloud. Cool.

Fort is not the answer.

Fort the least mobile man on an AFL list against their mobile defence. A 45 year old Taylor deals with ground balls five times as effectively and has three times the mobility. Combined with leadership and game nous. Throwing an incompetent rookie in as support for Sav in a prelim would outrank Blitz rucking the first final as a MC decision.

Fort the least mobile man on an AFL list against their mobile defence. A 45 year old Taylor deals with ground balls five times as effectively and has three times the mobility. Combined with leadership and game nous. Throwing an incompetent rookie in as support for Sav in a prelim would outrank Blitz rucking the first final as a MC decision.

How do you see Hendo coping with their mobile defence?

So you've got nothing. Angry man yells at cloud. Cool.

Fort is not the answer.
Why not? Do you see Taylor or Henderson doing a better job?
Have they done a better job forward this year at either VFL or AFL level?
Do either of them free up Stanley or SavRat to play more time forward?
Could of we gone with a smaller forward line? You know? Some coaching ideas from the coaches instead of something that 100% won't work.
If "throw Taylor forward" is the best possible idea a whole group of full time AFL coaches could think of, time to get some new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back