Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe anything you see at this time of the year.
Fake stories made up every day.

He's on the emergency list which means he is available for selection. The coach is on record saying he thinks it will be close.

We brought a defender into the 22 to replace a 50 goal forward. With a bloke who was best 22 all season and only missed last week on the emergency list who can play at full forward.

I wouldn't bring Menegola in for Stanley either but here we sit

- 09 v Pies- we were awesome, dare I say it, Hawkins was huge that night.

Pies were close at the half, only down 11. We then proceeded to kick 10.11 to 1.3 in the second half, including 6.5 to 0.2 in the last.

Wouldn't mind that type of performance tomorrow night.

Hope you're wrong don't want 3 touch Gary in the 22, he's not even fit enough for this.

We knew this before we traded for him. But if he is fit 100% he is fantastic even if he touches it 3 times. I wasn't aware before he got to Geelong how good his defensive work was down forward for chasing and applying pressure he was leading the group of Atkins, Dalhaus, Miers who turned geelongs defensive pressure completely around this season.

Just to put some numbers into perspective early in the season Geelong recorded the highest inside 50 retention rate after round 6 at (+35).

25 goals in 19 games this year

Last season Geelong were 7th for forward 50 tackles led by tomahawk.

I was no Gary rohan fan when he came across but his impact really has been excellent at Geelong and a big reason for this seasons turnaround.

So I would be happy to play the bloke if passed fit

We knew this before we traded for him. But if he is fit 100% he is fantastic even if he touches it 3 times. I wasn't aware before he got to Geelong how good his defensive work was down forward for chasing and applying pressure he was leading the group of Atkins, Dalhaus, Miers who turned geelongs defensive pressure completely around this season.

Just to put some numbers into perspective early in the season Geelong recorded the highest inside 50 retention rate after round 6 at (+35).

I was no Gary rohan fan when he came across but his impact really has been excellent at Geelong and a big reason for this seasons turnaround.

Agree.
Leave that one to CS. He loves him and would not select him if any doubts...

We knew this before we traded for him. But if he is fit 100% he is fantastic even if he touches it 3 times. I wasn't aware before he got to Geelong how good his defensive work is down forward for chasing and applying pressure down forward he was leading the group of Atkins, Dalhaus, Miers who turned feelings defensive pressure completely around this season.

So he can chase jumpers no thanks. Besides he'll be coming off for a breather every 5 minutes just doesnt do enough imo.

You’re that cats fan arnt you. I bet you have blind faith in the bombing to the square forward entries. I bet you supported chappy being the sub, or Menzel getting dropped or even not playing a ruck v pies this finals series. An absolute sheep! Have some bloody logistical critical thinking instead of blind faith! I hate to break it to you but the MC don’t always get it right.

Playingbthe exact same way (dumb forward entries) to a forward line of Henderson is not going to get us over the line.

We need to be unpredictable and do
Something different to catch the best side off guard.

You however think the same thing over again will yield a different result. What is the definition of insanity?

I agree with some of your points but Richmond are not the best side. Serious Richmond overrating going on there.

Agree.
Leave that one to CS. He loves him and would not select him if any doubts...

Outside of the what I consider the Stanley blunder Geelongs list management and coaching has been excellent all season. So I'm pretty comfortable with which ever group they slide out. I like the Henderson in over heading left field so we will see how it shakes out. You never know someone else could have a niggle

I'm not doom and gloom. They are rightful favourites but IF we can win the midfield battle (which I think we can) then we are a chance.
My biggest issue is how we handle the pressure, if we are blown away early my biggest fear.
If we go toe to toe with them early and don't get blown away, I expect us to finish stronger

Outside of the what I consider the Stanley blunder Geelongs list management and coaching has been excellent all season. So I'm pretty comfortable with which ever group they slide out. I like the Henderson in over heading left field so we will see how it shakes out. You never know someone else could have a niggle
Agree. Having versatility in finals could be huge. Hendo, Taylor, Blicavs, Henry are all essentially swing players.

Let's have a hard look at Hendo, irrespective of CS not wanting to look backwards and all that palaver.

Against
Richmond 2017 QF- 10ki 8mk 9hb 1tk
Richmond 2018 - 9ki 1mk 6hb 1tk
Richmond 2019 - Not applicable

Of his 5 games played at AFL level this year on stats Round 21 North was his best, Round 22 Bris was his worst

Since 2017 he has kicked the princely sum of 4 goals 2 behinds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very mixed bag. He's not the answer at FF if that's what you're driving at. Not in a Prelim having not played for weeks.

Lol we don't have an answer at FF we have to make do with what he have and I don't see many other blokes on the list who played 19 games and kicked 25 who actually played out of the goal square regularly outside of rohan.

I'm as critical as anyone but I tip my cap to Rohan he has had a good season. He was important early and like half the squad struggled when the ball was coming in at 1km per hour even tomahawk went how many 3 weeks without a goal prior to west coast

Hawkins (56)
Ablett. (33)
Danger. (26)
Miers. (26)
Rohan. (25)

Kelly. (21)
Duncan. (20)
Sav. (15)

When you say weeks you actually mean 1 week so looking at those metrics for the season you would think he would be in the mix considering Hawkins is out.

I don't mind either way I'm happy with Henderson in but I would be extremely happy if rohan came up

Last time they picked Henderson to play forward in the PF was due to the MC picking the most talented 22 in their eyes regardless of team balance. Whilst I'm not especially comfortable I feel this is not the case this time around.

Rohan was a liability prior to going off. Started well but had no positive influence after he kicked out on the full from 20m out.

Atrocious first 4 weeks. Pretty good next 6 weeks. Atrocious ever since. He barely tackles more then menzel.

Ummmmm “atrocious”:think: he was pretty bloody good over the first month, averaging just under 2 goals, 2 contested marks & 2 score assists a game over that period team high, I believe.

We had plenty without it. Harry forward. Kolo and Blics on Tiger tall forwards.

Predictably stupid and frustrating selection to end an absolute waste of a year we can attribute to our coach's arrogance.

If I didn't know better I could categorise this as a classic troll.....

Two points...1) The game hasn't actually been played yet. 2) The coaches arrogance has got us to a Preliminary Final.

Henderson was the obvious selection...Rohan appears unfit.

If we lose, your knife sharpening wont be in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back