Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pretty nervous. Any sense of overt bravado must be from punters who weren’t at the ground on June 7. I know we have a lot more players back and our form is great, but the Cats are a team that only need 30-45 minutes to put you away with their inside forward 50 efficiency

cats been s**t at that for months now. different team to pre-bye. any team can get on a roll score 6-8 in a quarter, hopefully it's us not them :)

Going off what Scott said yesterday I could only actually find 8 spots for cats players in our best 22 if Rance and Stack are included.

IN: Dangerfield, Selwood, Kelly, Duncan, Hawkins, Stewart, Tuohy & Blicavs
OUT: Ellis, Graham, Caddy, Bolton, George, Short, Broad & Soldo

Henry's unlucky
No way would I take Blicavs. And Selwood is now too old.

Where's Hawkins going to play?

Going off what Scott said yesterday I could only actually find 8 spots for cats players in our best 22 if Rance and Stack are included.

IN: Dangerfield, Selwood, Kelly, Duncan, Hawkins, Stewart, Tuohy & Blicavs
OUT: Ellis, Graham, Caddy, Bolton, George, Short, Broad & Soldo

Henry's unlucky

I like this but

Selwood is basically finished, and Duncan and Hawkins are out, and Tuohy is very arguable compared to Caddy, Graham and Bolton who could all be best on ground or turn the game our way in the right circumstances

I like this but

Selwood is basically finished, and Duncan and Hawkins are out, and Tuohy is very arguable compared to Caddy, Graham and Bolton who could all be best on ground or turn the game our way in the right circumstances
Agree Duckwood basically taking the hits for Kelly...to maxi Kelly's effectiveness and to try and keep him tied to Geelol...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Best game I've ever been to. The most natural, organic crowd I've ever been part of. What I mean by that is, nobody prepared a thing, nobody told the tigers to turn up, nobody planned the booing. It all just happened. We were ready and rabid animals that game. Never have I been to a game where the 19th man was so influential. Even the knowledge of the game, the appreciation of moments as Dusty came to bench etc. It was all first class. Loved it. Best.

Agree completely with this. The roar when we pressured them and won the ball back was immense. We knew as a crowd that we were ‘on’ that night when we saw our players mercilessly hunting the ball and the man.

Some very nervy Richmond supporters on here. The big predictions hiding behind their keyboards trying to mask their self-doubts. This will be a cracking game, a couple of goals in it either way. Neither side is good enough to blow the other apart. Genuine 50/50 game.

Well of course we're nervy it's a Final not afternoon tea

Some very nervy Richmond supporters on here. The big predictions hiding behind their keyboards trying to mask their self-doubts. This will be a cracking game, a couple of goals in it either way. Neither side is good enough to blow the other apart. Genuine 50/50 game.
And I suppose you’re not hiding behind a keyboard. How did you write this again?

Anyone that thinks Blicavs would not make our team is kidding themselves

He is the cats 2nd best player by a mile. Gun
I disagree. His best position is full back. Anywhere else he's bog average.

I reckon Stewart is their second best player.

mate it will not even be close

Not sure what the point of your post is? Nervy so what? Cats finished top for a reason. Are you telling me your not nervy even though you think it's a 50/50 game?

Picked Blicavs for his versatility (2nd Ruck, Def, Mid), If I'm picking a team to play this weekend (everyones healthy) Selwoods in. Hawkins FF/CHF, Riewoldt as the 3rd Tall
I can see the value in most of who you listed, but not Blicavs. I would much prefer Caddy to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back