Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that'll make me even happier than a Richmond Premiership is if you allow the Pies to get out to another five goal first quarter lead before reeling them in because the looks on Eddie & Nafan Noflags' faces would be absolutely priceless. Please please make that happen.
I'd rather we kick 13 goals in the first quarter.

They will probably try the fast start again like they did against WC.
Probably use Guthrie again as a key mid, plus Selwood of course.
Geelong was poor in the first quarter versus Collingwood.
The Cats defence panicked when the Pies moved the ball in quickly.

Last edited:
I went to the tigers vs gws 2017 prelim and I can say that was better than the gf... the atmosphere with the crowd we got in twilight was insane... will never forget it..

If we can make Friday night half of that prelim was I’ll be a very happy man... and cats will have no chance!!

Should I see a doctor if nervous shits have started already?

Hi, can anyone spare a barcode? I’d like to use for my dad who would usually be at the racetrack or driving his cab, hence never bought a membership but watches every game he can. Please PM me. Dad started taking me when I was six in 1988 we’d always go to half dozen games a year. Might have to go in the memories thread but always remember us leaving Flemington in 92 to watch second half comeback against Roos at Princes Park only to see Hogg miss goal after siren and lose by a point. Anyway we’d both be hugely grateful perhaps a case of something would be in order.

Best of luck guys!! :):thumbsu:

Richmond's redemption story will be a fantastic narrative when you claim the Premiership in a few weeks, but prior to that I'll take special pleasure watching you dismantle the cheating Corio trash and their oxygen-thieving coach.

Is there a more despicable team in the league than Geelong right now, with the Unholy Trinity of Arsehats & Sniper Porkins bending the rules & sooking for free kicks at every opportunity? No, of course not. Which is why when you take a massive steaming s**t on the Handbaggers' heads this Friday I'll regard it as a service to the rest of the competition who are thoroughly sick & tired of the constant AFL media fapfest over these cheating Hillbillies who've achieved nothing of note since their Peptide advantage ran dry in 2011. You'll expose them as the September frauds and earn our thanks in the process.

Richmond's fightback against adversity has been magnificent this season and winning this flag will earn the club a new level of respect that eluded it in 2017. Many neutrals were keen to dismiss that accomplishment as a one-off in the Bulldogs 2016 mould, but saluting in 2019 will conclusively prove otherwise. It'll also cement Damien Hardwick's place as a coaching genius up there with the best in the game, the polar opposite of a cheap huckster like Chris Scott.
like.png

Our achilles heel would be either getting jumped early (got away with it twice in our last 3 games .. Lions missed the chance to create panic through scoreboard pressure last week) and being wasteful inside 50 (which we haven’t been recently). Objectively we otherwise look the better side .. which is why I’m already pooing myself lol. Someone tell me we’ve got this and the campaigner Scott will be banished to 2020 this time next week please! 😁😐

Our achilles heel would be either getting jumped early (got away with it twice in our last 3 games .. Lions missed the chance to create panic through scoreboard pressure last week) and being wasteful inside 50 (which we haven’t been recently). Objectively we otherwise look the better side .. which is why I’m already pooing myself lol. Someone tell me we’ve got this and the campaigner Scott will be banished to 2020 this time next week please! 😁😐
No can do...me waters have been having major ripples since geelol got into our side of the draw!
Heavy rain plus a dour and defensive geelol side will end up giving us a major scare and i feel we will fumble our way across the finishing line...

Okay.

The time for bulls**t is over.

This is the moment to end that whining, sniping little pricks career.

View attachment 746872
Is that the time the lil campaigner was yelling to his bench to come orff because his elbows were giving him grief/pain?!?!!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay.

The time for bulls**t is over.

This is the moment to end that whining, sniping little pricks career.

View attachment 746872
GAJ is up there as one the best players of this century. I really liked watching him in his first stint at Geelong. 5 times winner of the AFL MVP plus 2 Brownlow Medals. Career tarnished in later years, with his tribunal appearances plus being a mercenary at the Gold Coast and liking of the homophobic post.

Hope he doesn't get booed if he is getting chaired off at the end of the prelim.

Begrudging respect for any supporter's passion for their side when they dress and face paint like that...kudos!!
Love to see more pics of supporters painted faces... :thumbsu: :moustache::thumbsu:
Having posted all the above then...it's still funny seeing PUSSYman doing his thang! :thumbsu::):thumbsu:
Hope it turns up Friday nite for the predictable loss...wouldn't be the same without it...

I reckon rain actually gives them a better chance.

No way they could ruin with Richmond on a dry track.
They won't score in the wet against our defence.
Ablett, Rohan, Ratugolea will be non existent, they're coming up against Grimes, Vlastuin, Astbury. Hawkins is actually okay in the wet so him missing is good for us.

Last edited:
Said without a moment's hesitation too!

You're the best side left in it.

If GWS were full strength & up and running, then there might be a challenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back