Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney Stack BOG in VFL GF and then the AFL GF
Rest him from everything this week. If fit for the granny in the AFL then consider him. Remember Lambert Last
So basically my mindset this week is...

No gastro, no worries.
we've got players in reserve with grand final experience. Like Butler & Kmac. Then there's Balta and Garth for tall defender depth. Chol tall fwd depth. And at a pinch Ross, Menadue. & Stack for next week. All these guys had exposure to the top level during the year. They wanna mix up the rucks a bit. Chol & Balta are options. And even Pickett might be considered. God last year I think Soldo played a game Lloyd about 7 Garth 1..Bolton a couple of games Miles 1 or 2. Of all of them Stack is the one I'd love in the team. He improves us.
At a pinch if a tall defender (Dave or Broad) didn't get up for this game, it may not hurt us anyhow. Cats are not a real tall fwd line anyhow.

Last edited:
Urgh how did Nicholls, Chamberlain and Meredith get another finals gig? All were awful over the weekend.

Is it too much to ask for Ryan, Stevic and Stephens? :(

I don’t think Ryan has really shafted us this year, not sure about Stevic but no hawthorn so you’d hope he’ll be ok and have no idea who Stephens is.
They've had their bad game for the finals so the AFL are confident they can't do any worse lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Dimma has address the start and 1 qtr need a good start and no switching off that's a key for me.Need our smalls to chip in like against the lions and bring the heat on the cats pressure and tackling all over the ground.Use our speed and quick movement.Be better in clearances and contested footy to.

Completely calm heading into this game. Confident that our systems and structures are good enough to handle what ever #SaltyScotty throws at us. On the other hand #SaltyScotty is mixing and matching his side on a weekly basis as he tries to find something that works.

Dimma is a pisser at the pressers , praises the opposition about how good they are and the challenges we face
Inside the 4 walls he will be preparing our boys
For war to destroy the cats
Salty take note its not whats said out in public
Its how you get your men ready for war behind closed doors.
Do you remember his quote about the Geelong QF in 2017 on one of the Premiership docos? When there's a potential problem in front of you, you can choose to go around it or run through it. We chose to run through it!!! (Words to that effect.)
Might actually have been Rance quoting Dimma?

Can’t wait to see the armchair ride Richmond and Collingwood get from the umps as the AFL engineer their dream Grand final

View attachment 748842

They want Geelong in the grand final at all costs.. with their tailored rulebook written by Whateley and Hocking, along with countless other handouts from the taxpayer and AFL House.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back