Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Yeah, or in the ruck like in their QF. Against Grundy.
Played him on a wing versus West Coast. 14 totally ineffectual disposals. If he's on a wing again I sincerely hope that Josh Caddy lines up on him.

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Blicavs. Is there a more overrated player in the league? After years of trying, Scott finally finds a spot for him at full back but what does the idiot do when the finals begin? That's right, plonk him on a wing where he can run and run...and get less possessions than any other midfielder on the park, lol.

Watch him do nothing yet again in a final.

Hahahaha!
I see your Blicavs and raise you a Tex Walker up until about Rd 4 this year. Looking at his career he has been very average

The Hawkins suspension makes this game a lot less predictable than it was 24 hours ago.

It's not going to be until 90 minutes before the game when the teams are finalised that we'll know how they will line up, so until then it will be a guessing game for the match committee as to how we'll match up.

Having said that our game plan revolves around structures so I'm comfortable knowing that we won't be overly impacted by any 'shock' calls that the Cats make.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
Played him on a wing versus West Coast. 14 totally ineffectual disposals. If he's on a wing again I sincerely hope that Josh Caddy lines up on him.
giphy.gif

Oct 4, 2017
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
The Hawkins suspension makes this game a lot less predictable than it was 24 hours ago.

It's not going to be until 90 minutes before the game when the teams are finalised that we'll know how they will line up, so until then it will be a guessing game for the match committee as to how we'll match up.

Having said that our game plan revolves around structures so I'm comfortable knowing that we won't be overly impacted by any 'shock' calls that the Cats make.
Doesn't matter.

Any side they put out there is worse off without him. It's as simple as that and they know it.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I see your Blicavs and raise you a Tex Walker up until about Rd 4 this year. Looking at his career he has been very average
Yeah, he's up there. Talked up by the clowns in the media like he's one of the very best key forwards in the comp, the reality is pretty far from that. Him (plus Jenkins, Betts and Cameron) getting destroyed in the 2017 GF was a joy to watch.

Blicavs is every bit as average though.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
The danger is that without Hawkins Geelong can be expected to be less predictable going into their forward line and therefore potentially harder to defend. I think Geelong lose nothing by having him out and the heat is on us to maintain our defensive structures and focus.
2017 Hawkins was out and Taylor went forward and destroyed us. That caught us by surprise.

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
If Tugga thinks that the Cats onballers bat deeper than ours then take it from me...he's been reading the Geelong Advertiser for far too long...Parfitt and Narkle are heroes at Kardinia Park against the bottom feeder teams but don't get enough of the ball away from home and in high pressure games. Guthrie is handy but no key on-baller and it looks like SOG is struggling but can still get loose. Its Selwood and Dangerfield who are the worries for me.
Also I have to say I'm basking in the glow knowing that we gave the rest of the league half a season head start, and we're still there- mowing them down. Geelong are next. Tigers by 19.

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I can't believe this games already here. Potentially the last game of the season. If we get beaten by tricks and tactics like last prelim i'll rage hard.

We were beaten because we had been up and running all year from the JLT, we were running on fumes at the end of the season and the fuel tank was empty by the time the prelim rolled around.
Gastro going through the club prelim week was the final nail in the coffin.

This year we are peaking at the right time like we did in 2017.
Fingers crossed we don't have gastro go through the club this week, or next week if we get the W on Friday.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
As usual I'm the only one s**tting myself whilst the rest of you rainbow hugging positive ECI campaigners have already penciled it in. You guys have good psychologists or good drugs to have gotten over the mental scarring of 1981-2016. I'm tipping Geelong. They have been "the best team all year". We are preliminary finals chokers. Holy trinity too powerful. I'm all in on the jynx for them. I'll be pleasantly shocked if we happen to get up as the lower finishing team.
You do realise if they win, we will find you and remove you from the earth!! Permanently!

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
We have to stop Dangerfield, Grimes on him if necessary.

Do we change our backline if they are not playing Hawkins??

Dusty in the midfield?? Dusty up forward??

Dusty half forward??

Gotta get our chaos ball going because Geelong backs love it deep and predictable taking intercept marks.

Rain could help but we need chaos ball for our smalls

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
We have to stop Dangerfield, Grimes on him if necessary.

Do we change our backline if they are not playing Hawkins??

Dusty in the midfield?? Dusty up forward??

Dusty half forward??

Gotta get our chaos ball going because Geelong backs love it deep and predictable taking intercept marks.

Rain could help but we need chaos ball for our smalls

Two choices.
We leave Dusty onball, and Danger can chat to Grimes about wine because the pill won't be going down there.
Or we back our other mids in, and Dusty dominates down forward and kicks anlther bag.

However, I'm sure both of them will float between the 2 and it becomes a battle of mids and direct back opponents with the two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back