Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't get me wrong, i used to stress and worry with the best of them but then one day a few years ago i thought to myself after worrying myself sick with stress................

why am i stressing, it's not my contract on the line, i'm not the one facing being delisted if i have a shocking season or two and from that point on i decided to just have fun and be positive because losing is going to hurt the players more than me.

I don't stress *during* games too much, because I know our best football is good enough and you can easily tell when we are "on" and when we are not. If we get to half-time and we're not playing our brand of football, then a loss is almost certain (e.g. the game against Norf). Luckily that doesn't happen too often.

I'm not stressing *before* the PF because you can just tell - these guys are ready. We'll win. I don't know if it will be easy or hard, but I know we're a better side than Geelong and we're going to beat them. Only injuries can stop us on Friday night, but there is nothing we can do about that other than cry into our beer (e.g. Leon Cameron when he heard about Lachie Whitfield).

Go Tigers!

Dave P.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Not worried about this game at all to be honest and already thinking about who we meet in the GF

That campaigner thats posting here has something very interesting in his sig . 2007 - 2009 - 20011 , Well thats a good sign as we have 2017 and will have 2019 so lets work towards 2021 as everybody knows that when a team drafts a rioli they win a flag and Maurice junior gets drafted in 2020.

We have the measure of these old campaigners, They have had 2 very hard games and are shot
They might keep up for a half but then its going to be Tiger Time

Richmond 47 points

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Here's a question. Do you guys actually enjoy our games? Lol It's become a bit of a painful experience for me and retrospectively I am either happy or sad but during....just hoping. Anxious af.
I love going to the game, its so much better than the tv and the tight games can be a bit of a nail biter but that wouldn't stop me from going

Last edited:
Here's a question. Do you guys actually enjoy our games? Lol It's become a bit of a painful experience for me and retrospectively I am either happy or sad but during....just hoping. Anxious af.

i only enjoy when we are 40 up with 45 seconds left in the game

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
As will ours. This could be the first game in AFL history where no free kicks are paid outside the centre square.

The frustration down here with Tom Hawkins is at an all time high. I mean the media just can't wait to pouce on anything he does replaying anything in the slightest.
Fairdinkum if he'd properly wack a bloke l'd be happy.
But getting rubbed out like that is just so pointless and idiotic why bother doing it?
Anyway can't see us winning without TH.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
There needs to be a stat on forward 50 free kicks.
Shame there isn't because Geelong would be number 1 in that category by a long way.
Won't be any different this week, and umpires will still roger us like always.

Do you honestly believe Hawkins gets a fair go? Or Dangerfield, both always earn them hard or totally ignored.

Al Heimer

Club Legend
Apr 28, 2017
Dante's Second Circle
AFL Club
Richmond
I love going to the game, its so much better than the tv and the tight games can be a bit of a nail biter but that wouldn't stop me from going
Same same. Always feel better at the ground knowing the umpires can actually hear me yell them some well deserved encouragement when they ream us with a bad decision.

Do you honestly believe Hawkins gets a fair go? Or Dangerfield, both always earn them hard or totally ignored.

Lol mate you’ve come to the wrong board to complain about getting the s**t end of the stick from the umps. Do some homework FFS

Not worried about this game at all to be honest and already thinking about who we meet in the GF

That campaigner thats posting here has something very interesting in his sig . 2007 - 2009 - 20011 , Well thats a good sign as we have 2017 and will have 2019 so lets work towards 2021 as everybody knows that when a team drafts a rioli they win a flag and Maurice junior gets drafted in 2020.

We have the measure of these old campaigners, They have had 2 very hard games and are shot
They might keep up for a half but then its going to be Tiger Time

Richmond 47 points
Can u please self ban yourself from this forum thinking like that...

Doesn’t take much to lose a game of footy... 5-10% here or there

Let’s win the game first hey

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty

nothing better than a tigs game. 2013-2017 it got me through some tough times where pretty much all i looked forward to each week was watching the tigs. the nerves make it even better for me although if you end up losing a close one it's even worse than getting pumped by 80 i reckon. but yes love every time i get to watch us play

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
It's gonna be dry and we're going in dry...
Screenshot_20190918-163020.jpg

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Im very anxious, nervous shits started yesterday and have really escalated today. I think its going to be a lot closer than most of you are saying, wont be good for the heart....

Tiges by 94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back