Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been beaten up around the contest convincingly the last few weeks. Need to sort that out. Something tells me the Cats won't be as forgiving with s**t kicks inside 50 like Brisbane was.
Stats don’t quite support that. Lost the QF stats by a few, but not beaten up. Perhaps they evened up a bit as the game went on though. Yes is round 23 the Bears beat us convincingly in this area, but I think we learnt from that.
Round 22 again lost the stat but not that badly.
We don’t have the depth of midfield talent to dominate in this area, but I think they back the team to win it back more often than not. Also with Dusty up forward more ATM I think this is hurting us in the clearance stat a bit too.

The frustration down here with Tom Hawkins is at an all time high. I mean the media just can't wait to pouce on anything he does replaying anything in the slightest.
Fairdinkum if he'd properly wack a bloke l'd be happy.
But getting rubbed out like that is just so pointless and idiotic why bother doing it?
Anyway can't see us winning without TH.
Agree Ratcat. It was a dopey act and only Tom could know why he did something like that. Tom is a big unit and I suspect umpires expect more of him in contests than they do for a rangier deep forward like Ben Brown. That said, Jack R isn't the umpires fraternity friend either - possibly because of his predeliciton to coach them on the field. I'm more interested in the contest between two evenly matched and performed teams. I expect Richmond to win and will be disappointed if they lose. But the game is the thing and I really want a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Ratcat. It was a dopey act and only Tom could know why he did something like that. Tom is a big unit and I suspect umpires expect more of him in contests than they do for a rangier deep forward like Ben Brown. That said, Jack R isn't the umpires fraternity friend either - possibly because of his predeliciton to coach them on the field. I'm more interested in the contest between two evenly matched and performed teams. I expect Richmond to win and will be disappointed if they lose. But the game is the thing and I really want a good game.

Get your point about Jack, he has his issues with umps as well as Tom.
Pity we won't be at strength with him missing and hope we give you guys a fright enjoy!

Personally reckon Geelol will sh1t themselves.
Well their board is atm

Apparently our supporters are over confident because we are scared of the bunch of slow old players on their list.

Cats fans are now relying on Fort , Henderson & Smith to kick goals

We owe these pricks, 20 years of getting shafted by these cocky w***ers.

They cried when we knocked them out in 2017, lets make them cry again.

Seriously look at the ******* weasel ... sooking it up 3 years straight.

* you Scott.

Here's a question. Do you guys actually enjoy our games? Lol It's become a bit of a painful experience for me and retrospectively I am either happy or sad but during....just hoping. Anxious af.

Agree 100%. It’s borderline painful unless we are smashing a team. Especially the ‘big games’. If I’m watching I turn it off when it’s close and have to watch it delayed or do odd jobs around the house. I’m a weirdo. 🙄

Agree 100%. It’s borderline painful unless we are smashing a team. Especially the ‘big games’. If I’m watching I turn it off when it’s close and have to watch it delayed or do odd jobs around the house. I’m a weirdo. 🙄

Haha nah I hear you. I often pause a game so I can go and do some stuff, get about 30 mins behind. Then whenever the oppo are having a shot at goal I can fast forward. Don't know why but being able to skip opposition celebrations makes the viewing better lol

i only enjoy when we are 40 up with 45 seconds left in the game

I’ll never forget looking over to the bench 26 minutes into the last quarter of the Geelong QF 17.

“4.......... 9......... 18............25”

I believe it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back