Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly how i felt - although this year has been kind of weird, from around early march, all I wanted was for finals to return for a chance at redemption thats it - I never truly clocked out but didnt really start to enjoy the journey as a supporter until after the bye, - some may say its bc it coincided when we started winning but it changed at selection the week prior. Thinking was, ok the footy gods have been against us and theres nothing we can do about it, it'll either continue or saddle up and enjoy one hell of a ride if we start getting soldiers back consistently which is what happened. Now that we've arrived back to the spot we wanted to get to its a great feeling to get the opportunity to watch us try and right last years wrong especially against the Cats and potentially the pies
I was enjoying the whole season, we got to 7-3 with all our kids having to play main roles instead of support roles.

Don't underestimate what getting to 7-3 allowed us to do, it allowed for a mini slump and it also allowed us to tank the cats and crows game in that slump and rest players going into the bye so they could come back fresh.

Guys and girls, i have some bad news....

Every game my sister goes to, we lose.............. she just acquired tickets

Im sorry.

“Look, the way we look at is they’re a quality side and you only have to be a little bit off for them to punish you. But, we embrace the challenge, we know our system, we back the players to execute it, and hopefully we come away with a good result.”
I think we all know who Dimma is now on this site :D Hi Dimma :handwaving:

There is every reason we should win. Home game, huge crowd, players in great form, up against a side who had been inconsistent since mid-season and is missing 2 very good players in Porkins and Duncan. Really, if we don’t win, then I will say congrats to Geelong, either they will have played out of their skins or we would simply have sh1t the bed like last year and don’t deserve to be premiers

Would say at this stage of the year, a lot also comes down to luck.

put your house on this:

Journo will ask about his thoughts on the cats form as it has been up and down in the back half of the year.

Dimmas response: We know that Geelongs best is very very good, they finished top of the ladder for a reason and we will be preparing for their absolute best.
Also put your house on a journo asking about last years prelim.

Looking forward to this one. Reckon we'll win. And I suspect quite well.

However the Pussies can be tough. It could be a slog. I like to watch tough contests as well. But I cannot see them scoring much - even if Danger does well. But he'll have Optimus Grimes taking him down so that's not a realistic threat.

The Data Report on the AFL website says it was Ratugolea's career best performance versus WC.
Three goals, six score involvements.
We will have to nullify for sure.
Astbury or Grimes.
Take nothing for granted and hit Danger and Kelly hard.
Little Miers is a goalsneak, we saw versus BL.
Dalhaus snaps goals too.

Last edited:
Also put your house on a journo asking about last years prelim.

"Does last year's experience help you in any way this week"

"Oh look not really. We move on and at the end of the day we're just focusing on playing a bloody quality team who finished top of the ladder and have some real class. You know guys like Ablett, Selwood, Taylor and these types you just know play for big finals. We've just got to make sure we do what we do best and get our game up and going".

Im sorry.
Mate, you're gonna have to tell her you'll pick her up and drain all your oil and water out of the car before you get there.
Sacrifices have to be made.
Even better you could get fuel on the way and put diesel in petrol tank (or vice versa), just in case.

Which means he wont back it up, most young players who have career best games one week go missing the next.
Especially as he will now get the attention of the best tall defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Does last year's experience help you in any way this week"

"Oh look not really. We move on and at the end of the day we're just focusing on playing a bloody quality team who finished top of the ladder and have some real class. You know guys like Ablett, Selwood, Taylor and these types you just know play for big finals. We've just got to make sure we do what we do best and get our game up and going".
Dimma is a pisser at the pressers , praises the opposition about how good they are and the challenges we face
Inside the 4 walls he will be preparing our boys
For war to destroy the cats
Salty take note its not whats said out in public
Its how you get your men ready for war behind closed doors.

Tigers coach speaks
e1e167794fee3bd2da03d4871939c6fa

Alistair Paton

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has just spoken to the media ahead of the Tigers' final training session before tomorrow night's preliminary final.
Here's a snapshot of what he had to say …
– Dustin Martin will play a mix of midfield and forward. "He's got a bit of – I wouldn't say a licence, but he's got a good understanding where he needs to be at certain times"
– Tigers much better placed than they were for last year's preliminary final, which they lost to Collingwood. "I feel we've grown … our players are really hungry"
– He hasn't brought up that prelim loss this week
– Tough lessons of 2016 led to the 2017 flag and current successful era: "You often learn most when you're in your darkest times and there's no doubt that happened to me and this football club"

Richmond to field unchanged line-up in preliminary final against Geelong

Damien Hardwick has confirmed Richmond will go into Friday’s preliminary final with the same side that beat the Brisbane Lions a fortnight ago.

The Tigers coach also said Sydney Stack would play in the VFL grand final on Sunday, provided he got through training on Friday, and could be an option for the AFL grand final should the Tigers defeat Geelong.

Richmond star Dustin Martin at a sunny training session on Thursday.

Richmond star Dustin Martin at a sunny training session on Thursday.CREDIT:AAP

“It’d be hard to change [the side that beat Brisbane],” Hardwick said.

“We were pretty impressed with the way those guys played last week.

“At this stage we will go in unchanged. Obviously we have got to get through today’s session but those guys have earned the right with really good, hard, tough footy that we love.”

More to come

Im sorry.

Seat number please so if it goes to sh!t we can all turn towards her shaking our heads!

1st quarter of this game is huge, can’t afford to be chasing from the get go like last years prelim. Weather the storm, break even, grind them out

* weathering the storm, lets come out as the storm and let them try weather us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back