2019 premiers - if not your team, who?

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
With the top 8 shaping, who would you like to see win it all? If not your own team that is. For mine, it’s brisbane and I would love it to be against Collingwood, if not against them it would just be good to see as long as not against my team.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Bombers are no chance to push through 3 finals and a GF. Maybe next year.

Lions on a roll and looking strong.

Tigers playing back into form and looking confident again.

Geelong will make a prelim final and put on a strong show at the G.

Eagles form patchy but strong at home with a lift from their fans at Perth stadium. Will get a qualifying final at home and win and a prelim final at home you’d think.

Could be WC vs someone in the GF

Anyone but Pies.

jakson68

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Port Noarlunga
AFL Club
Collingwood
If not my team, then I would like to see the lions win it. At least then they can have a flag without the *. They deserve it and I think it would be good for the AFL.
In reality though (as much as it pains me) Richmond are looming ominous. As other teams are being smashed by injuries, the Tiges are getting their players back. They get the chance to get a few games into them before finals and not leave the G whilst doing it.
Richmond have kept their season alive while they had players out and can now reap the rewards.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Richmond is my pick as they have most of the components in place and the recent experience to draw upon.

It's a race in 4 of Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast in that order imo.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Richmond is my pick as they have most of the components in place and the recent experience to draw upon.

It's a race in 4 of Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast in that order imo.
Thought Geelong would be favourites?

Probably all lining up perfectly for them for this one tilt. Kelly still on the list. Gaz in sublime form but could drop off at any stage in the future as he's fairly grey.

Loken

Reality Educator
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Thought Geelong would be favourites?

Probably all lining up perfectly for them for this one tilt. Kelly still on the list. Gaz in sublime form but could drop off at any stage in the future as he's fairly grey.

In footy i don't believe something until i see it done.

So as an example Essendon haven't won a final since 2004. We haven't had very good teams of course but we haven't done it so until we do i don't believe we will, until we have a good team that proves throughout the year we are good enough and even then i will have doubts until we do it.

Geelong have had good sides recently but haven't been good enough to reach the GF. While i agree they are very good, until they actually break that hoodoo i rate others higher.

Just my opinion of course.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
In footy i don't believe something until i see it done.

So as an example Essendon haven't won a final since 2004. We haven't had very good teams of course but we haven't done it so until we do i don't believe we will, until we have a good team that proves throughout the year we are good enough and even then i will have doubts until we do it.

Geelong have had good sides recently but haven't been good enough to reach the GF. While i agree they are very good, until they actually break that hoodoo i rate others higher.

Just my opinion of course.
Is this actually correct? Doesn't seem right.

You guys bring it on yourself.

Wouldn't want it any other way. Why would we want to be liked by the opposition? It was the great Jack Dyer who said 'Bloody Collingwood, I hate them more than anything on Earth but God I respect them like no other'.

Back