Universal Love 2019 Premiership Memorabilia!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got my 2019 Goldfoil Richmond Poster...
Excuse the lighting, could not be fecked to get the right angle...but it looks superb!
👍😘👍
I'm glad I went with the GoldFoil cos I reckon it better matches the white player cards!
Going a Black 2019 poster with the white player cards would have looked to wobbley for my liking! And very annoying just like seeing Carlton on our Premiership VB beer cans and not Richmond! Yuck!!! 🤭

20200217_134047.jpg

Got the blue ray in 17 first one was rubbish with the commentary about 3 seconds delayed got a replacement a couple of weeks later from supplier which had been edited correctly so hopefully they get it right first time
Hiya
Have you got the blu ray of both ‘17 and ‘19 GF? Curious to know what the quality is like. CHeers

I haven't got the 2019 one yet, but the '17 Blu-ray is great.
Have got both 2019 is more precise with the alternative commentary
They rushed out the 2017 one which was rubbish and then had to give everyone a second copy once they had done it properly
The 2018 Eagles DVD had a similar release date to ours in 2019 and was excellent in the edits from day one

Have got both 2019 is more precise with the alternative commentary
They rushed out the 2017 one which was rubbish and then had to give everyone a second copy once they had done it properly
The 2018 Eagles DVD had a similar release date to ours in 2019 and was excellent in the edits from day one
I bought the season box of 2017 and that was with the corrected copy of the Blu-ray, so luckily there was no issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys i just bought a 2017 Gold Weg off Ebay and asked the guy what number it is /1000 as the picture wasn't clear and he stated 879.Just got it today and everything is fine and looks authentic as my 2019 edition but there is no number out of 1000 and now the guy is saying it is an proof edition whatever that means.I then asked is it 879 or proof edition and he replied with "i'll let you decide"

Has anyone heard or think that copies can be made of these?

1582897278072.png

Hi Guys i just bought a 2017 Gold Weg off Ebay and asked the guy what number it is /1000 as the picture wasn't clear and he stated 879.Just got it today and everything is fine and looks authentic as my 2019 edition but there is no number out of 1000 and now the guy is saying it is an proof edition whatever that means.I then asked is it 879 or proof edition and he replied with "i'll let you decide"

View attachment 830850

What the guy termed a "proof edition" is an AP (Artist's proof / Artist's impression). I have seen many of them over the years with official AFL memorabilia, they are supposed to be the first ones produced and identical to the numbered editions. In art this would make them more valuable, however with AFL memorabilia, AP editions are often sold for considerably less than the limited edition versions. I have seen memorabilia shops clear out AP prints for pennies on the dollar.

To answer your question, yes I have seen an AP version of a Mark Knight Foil poster before (or at least what an ebay seller has said is an AP version). With that said, I've also seen some faked and the fakes I've seen tend to also not have numbers. So yes, they can 100% be faked. Herald Sun posters aren't my thing, I have a few, but I'm no expert so I can't help you with a 100% yes or no. I can tell you what to do though, call up the herald sun shop and ask if AP versions were produced (I'd say they will say yes), then send an email with a couple of photos and ask for an opinion if yours is an AP or a fake.

The 2017 gold foil is also costly to acquire as I'm sure you're aware, they didn't limit them to 1 per buyer (well they didn't enforce it) so many memorabilia shops/profiteers etc bought multiple. It is also a 2017, which broke a huge drought so people want them and will pay. If I was paying $600ish I'd be wanting a limited edition number, even if it is an AP I'd ask for a refund - the item isn't what he said it was (assuming what you said is correct). That's your call though, my OCD would kick in having a numbered 2019 and unnumbered 2017. The blokes reply is also shady af, why tell you that it is numbered then say that and add "I'll let you decide". I'd feel a little uncomfortable, he has also sold 2 non numbered 2017 prints in the last 3 months.

With that said, if you zoomed in on the poster you would see it wasn't numbered (I assume it is this listing). I'd like there to be a comment in the description that it is not numbered for full transparency though. Although idk what communication you had via private messaging so I won't comment in that regard, maybe he told you it was numbered via message (like you said).

Tl;dr My opinion is that it would be an AP (but my knowledge is around memorabilia/jumpers not posters). Seller a little shady though telling you it's numbered when it's not

Richmond poster not numbered.png

Last edited:

View attachment 830850

Best to ask the Herald Sun Shop, they were posting on here a while back.
Not sure how to provide a link to their account, someone else might know.

Or you can email them hsshop@hwt.com.au

View attachment 830850
Saw one of these unnumbered posters framed at Taylor Made and it was selling for lot less than numbered, around $500.
Manager mentioned same thing, its a proof copy that is only printed in case of a misprint of a numbered version.
Where the * did this clown come up with 879???? He should be held accountable for misleading you. Negative rating.
Anyway, will look great once framed.

Saw one of these unnumbered posters framed at Taylor Made and it was selling for lot less than numbered, around $500.
Manager mentioned same thing, its a proof copy that is only printed in case of a misprint of a numbered version.
Where the fu** did this clown come up with 879???? He should be held accountable for misleading you. Negative rating.
Anyway, will look great once framed.
Ive opened up a case and want my money back he clearly lied in his listing.he sold one exactly the same in january and mentioned it was unnumbered but in the listing i bought he didn't.
My ocd will kick in having 66/1000 for 2019 and nothing/1000 for 2017

Ive opened up a case and want my money back he clearly lied in his listing.he sold one exactly the same in january and mentioned it was unnumbered but in the listing i bought he didn't.
My ocd will kick in having 66/1000 for 2019 and nothing/1000 for 2017

Probably the best way to handle it, numbered ones do come up from time to time for $500 - $550 if you're patient (much more expensive than the 2019!).

Probably the best way to handle it, numbered ones do come up from time to time for $500 - $550 if you're patient (much more expensive than the 2019!).

He offered me 300 back out of 350 and to keep the poster but i dont want it. I called the herald sun shop and she reckons he knows someone in the number printing process and that they dont release any without numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back