Universal Love 2019 Premiership Memorabilia!!!

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Thoughts on this release from sherrin.
Limited edition appeals but think they have gone a year early and that gold just doesn’t grab me.

I actually really like the gold, but it looks different on Sherrins instagram page (a more deeper/doesn't stand out as much gold). I think they have come out with to many though, Grand Final Ball, Special Premiers Ball and now this Gold Premiership Ball? Even if it is limited to x amount.

Last edited:

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Im questioning the seller now, has 100% on eBay and I haven’t left a review. I’m really worried now, I knew it didn’t quite look right

Looks like the same person did all the signatures. Sigs look close, but slightly off. JMO though, players always sign slightly differently, I've been to about four training sessions with my younger cousins (mad Richmond fans) and Dusty signed twice - both signatures look different but obviously are both 100% genuine and authentic. On your jumper though, the handwriting looks the same :/. Players would press down with different strength etc so some sigs should look bolder/fainter etc. off the top of my head, Dusty's looks different to the two sigs my cousins have, and Cotchins also looks different (he has a big T that stretches across).

If the COA is a COA issued from the AFLPA or Richmond, I'd probably leave it and assume it's legit. Even some player management COA's are probably fine.

Last edited:

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually really like the gold, but it looks different on Sherrins instagram page (a more deeper/doesn't stand out as much gold). I think they have come out with to many though, Grand Final Ball, Special Premiers Ball and now this Gold Premiership Ball? Even if it is limited to x amount.
Agree they over do it. But disagree on only 100. That will make it rarer by default and therefore more sought after.
This is something unique and first of. Sherrin, you would imagine, will do limited releases for whomever wins.
Either way it is for collecting and not selling from my pov.

Jun 2, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Thoughts? I must say I’ve got the certificate of authenticity and everything, but I’m worried these signatures are not legit, it’s cost me $800 dollars
I’d do some research into the company of the certificate or authenticity mate.

Determine if they’re a reputable company and if so I’d even call them to discuss the piece and signatures.

I’ll be honest though mate, to my (incredibly untrained eye) each of those signatures look in a very similar handwriting.

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Agree they over do it. But disagree on only 100. That will make it rarer by default and therefore more sought after.
This is something unique and first of. Sherrin, you would imagine, will do limited releases for whomever wins.
Either way it is for collecting and not selling from my pov.

It's a lovely ball, and I'm sure out of the 3 it will have the highest "value". Wouldn't read to much into limited edition status, the west coast grand final balls were limited to 100 and they are on ebay often for $350-400ish (cost $295 IRRC). After ebay fees + shipping those resellers are probably losing money or breaking even. I am a jumper collector so often see people trying to offload Sherrin's on facebook pages and they break even/lose or make a very small margin from my experience. Only exception was the 48 2017 grand final balls, which somehow memorabilia stores (Taylormade) seemed to have like 20 of them (they auctioned 1 a week for months). Really nice piece, I have a collection of the premiers balls (2016-2019) but would struggle to get the $200ish ea I paid if I sold them (after ebay fees and shipping)

I don't think they will do gold balls every year, they seem to change depending on the team. Same as the HS and Mark Knight Posters - they only did the black premium posters for Richmond, none were released for West Coast or us (dogs). The 2017 grand final balls were limited to 48, the 2018 grand final balls to 100 and the 2019 grand final balls unlimited - so they seem to really be random.

Last edited:

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
It's a lovely ball, and I'm sure out of the 3 it will have the highest "value". Wouldn't read to much into limited edition status, the west coast grand final balls were limited to 100 and they are on ebay often for $350-400ish (cost $295 IRRC). After ebay fees + shipping those resellers are probably losing money or breaking even. I am a jumper collector so often see people trying to offload Sherrin's on facebook pages and they break even/lose or make a very small margin from my experience. Only exception was the 48 2017 grand final balls, which somehow memorabilia stores (Taylormade) seemed to have like 20 of them (they auctioned 1 a week for months). Really nice piece, I have a collection of the premiers balls (2016-2019) but would struggle to get the $200ish ea I paid if I sold them (after ebay fees and shipping)

I don't think they will do gold balls every year, they seem to change depending on the team. Same as the HS and Mark Knight Posters - they only did the black premium posters for Richmond, none were released for West Coast or us (dogs). The 2017 grand final balls were limited to 48, the 2018 grand final balls to 100 and the 2019 grand final balls unlimited - so they seem to really be random.
Sold out.
Buy now on e-bay - 750.
Flogging them as very rare. And e-bay these days seems to create market value.

Received my HS mount posters last week! Although im looking to move house sometime in the next 6 months so they'll probably stay in the box (along with the signed panorama). Once that's all setup it'll only be a few weeks before i'll have to get the third lot up

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Here is a pic of the block mounted version
IMG20191122153920.jpeg

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Sold out.
Buy now on e-bay - 750.
Flogging them as very rare. And e-bay these days seems to create market value.

Was bid at 550 and no one bid, his relisted it now at 500 bid and 700 buy it now. I really doubt anyone pays more than 400 for it. There is one up for auction at 222 right now with 29 bids - however much that sells for is the more accurate price point IMO. So many resellers are dumb, even if they get 400 they are breaking even ($60ish in ebay and paypal fees and $40ish in shipping) - basically just making people pay $100 more (which all goes to ebay or AusPost anyway, they'd be lucky to make 20 bucks).

Jul 23, 2008
Bangkok
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Guys. I have an extra gold and a black poster. Looking to do a deal with a tiger supporter on here for close to retail (cover my costs plus a little for my trouble). I don't want to be a leach and put on ebay and rip off a fellow tiger. DM me for more info.

Hey Guys. I have an extra gold and a black poster. Looking to do a deal with a tiger supporter on here for close to retail (cover my costs plus a little for my trouble). I don't want to be a leach and put on ebay and rip off a fellow tiger. DM me for more info.

A little for your “trouble” 🤣

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Anyone know if the victory pack has the grand final in blu Ray? I know the other finals are just DVD however surely the GF is at least blu Ray?
No. Only the season pack has the GF on Blu-ray.

Back