(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #28
Changed the thread title.

You can choose one and only one team who you think will win the flag, and one side that could surprise and play finals.

Brisbane Lions for me as a smokey for the 8. There are 12 sides in front of them more favoured to make the 8 so yes they are a smokey.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #30
I'd like to say Richmond but will just be called bias. I think we are a leading contender though, amongst other teams.

I just have this dark horse feeling about the Demons though.
Not biased at all. If you believe they will win it say it. **** what any other campaigner says.

You guys are the favourites after all.

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Last three premiers weren’t fancied preseason .... so ....

....it’s back to back baby!
Up the Coasters.

Adelaide to exceed expectations.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
St Kilda would be my dark horse for the top 8. Feel like they’re a little underrated going into this season which is fair enough after they performed well below expectation in 2018. However, they weren’t far off finals the year before in 2017, so if they can get close to maximising the potential of their list and improve their game style, I reckon they’ll be in the mix for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

harrythetiger

Summited Everest 30/9/17
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
There’s a range of teams that are real chances to win it. Then there’ll probably be a couple that don’t look like a real chance to win it, but will be in it come September.
Even if we’re favourites now, it’s more likely that one of the other 17 clubs will win it, than us.

Still, picking us to win the flag, if you can’t have optimism pre season, can you ever really have it?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #41
Who would be your dark horse though fellas? Dons and Crows are actually favoured to come into the 8. Someone less fancied I'm referring to.

TallyHawk

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester City FC
I like your thinking.

Hopefully more mature bidies on the whole can be a bit more robust.
I just sense there will be more urgency about the group. Lobb wasn't a good fit and I reckon Cameron and Himmelberg will go to another level without Lobb getting in the way.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ocha905

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks & Stars, Liverpool
St Kilda would be my dark horse for the top 8. Feel like they’re a little underrated going into this season which is fair enough after they performed well below expectation in 2018. However, they weren’t far off finals the year before in 2017, so if they can get close to maximising the potential of their list and improve their game style, I reckon they’ll be in the mix for finals.
You stole my outlandish prediction. Saints have under-performed the last 3 years. The talent is there and they are experienced enough.

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Port Adelaide were close to finals late in the season but faded surprisingly (not helped by McGovern doing a Shuey)
A lot of their hopes rested on Ryder who struggled for fitness but now they also have Lycett.
Possibly also may have cleared out some behind the scenes egos/clashes so could also surprise many by easily making finals.

Top Bottom