2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Bookies have the Tiges listed as premiership favourites for 2019. They won the flag in 2017, started 2018 as the flag fancies and held that tag all throughout the year and from the 2nd half of the season held top spot on the AFL Ladder. Their form did waver towards the end of the season and had some narrow victories. They still looked set to go back to back until that fateful, mesmerising Preliminary final night where the mighty magpies produced a blistering first half performance which all but put paid to the Punt Road faithful's hopes. Fast forward to 2019, Richmond are once again the team to beat according to many pundits in the footy world, and amongst book makers. Collingwood, West Coast and Melbourne are tipped to be their serious challengers. Richmond however have further bolstered their already potent attack with the acquisition of star full forward Tom Lynch crossing over from Gold Coast.

How do you see the Tigers 2019 season panning out. Will they have another strong year, and erase the nightmare memory of Collingwood 2018 and win the premiership. Or will they contend again only to fall short and the final stages? Will they not contend period?

Last edited:
Pick one team only. Not things like '' Richmond, but if they don't Collingwood or Melbourne will '' :rolleyes:

My prediction is that Collingwood will win the flag.

Richmond for me. Been the most consistent team in the past two seasons. Backing them to be one of the standout teams again and I think they will finish inside the top 2. For me, this would give them a great opportunity to win their 2nd flag under Hardwick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the chance that this thread turns into a Richmond vs Collingwood fight?
This is a Tigers vs WCE fight, the two outstanding teams of the last 2 years, I can only see MFC disrupting that this year.

But until Lynch is fit and we see how he fits in, and how the new rules designed to counteract Tiger tactics play out , I've gotta say WCE faves.

This is a Tigers vs WCE fight, the two outstanding teams of the last 2 years, I can only see MFC disrupting that this year.

But until Lynch is fit and we see how he fits in, and how the new rules designed to counteract Tiger tactics play out , I've gotta say WCE faves.
The new rules are such a wildcard in all of this. How it all plays out is completely unpredictable.

Oh I am talking about the Richmond supporters vs Collingwood supporters fighting in this thread

Essendon

I am serious, bookmark this post.

- Worsfold has a habit of pulling one out when he is under the most pressure
- Right age/games mix
- Their talented youth in the breakout window
- Last three premiers have surprised, why not this one?

Essendon

- Right age/games mix
'' Worsfold has a habit of pulling one out when he is under the most pressure ''

habit? I wouldn't call one flag a habit. In regard to being under pressure and having good seasons, like when? Because in 2005 when WCE had a good season before their flag, he wasn't under any pressure. You guys barely made the 8 in 2004 and were knocked out in the first week of the finals.

2011? Maybe. No finals in 2008 and 2009, but with Cousins and Judd leaving how much pressure was he under. In any case I don't recall him being under pressure, and his team stepping up. Same case with Dons in 2017. After what they went through and getting their players back, it's not as though they were expected to thrive.

'' Worsfold has a habit of pulling one out when he is under the most pressure ''

habit? I wouldn't call one flag a habit. In regard to being under pressure and having good seasons, like when? Because in 2005 when WCE had a good season before their flag, he wasn't under any pressure. You guys barely made the 8 in 2004 and were knocked out in the first week of the finals.

2011? Maybe. No finals in 2008 and 2009, but with Cousins and Judd leaving how much pressure was he under. In any case I don't recall him being under pressure, and his team stepping up. Same case with Dons in 2017. After what they went through and getting their players back, it's not as though they were expected to thrive.

2005 the team had made finals three years in a row but lost at the first round every time. Making the GF cemented his spot for a while which of course helped in the push towards the 2006 flag.

2008-2010 saw those questioning whether he could rebuild as it culminated in a wooden spoon, and 2011 we made the prelims after finishing top 4. Also ensured a stay of execution as we were hopeful he could push for another flag.

In the end he had nothing left in his bag of tricks and he walked/sacked at the end of 2013.

That's what I meant.

Essendon

- Right age/games mix
I dont think anyone would be suprised.

Their second half of the year was really good. They have stars throughout and a strong spine.

2005 the team had made finals three years in a row but lost at the first round every time. Making the GF cemented his spot for a while which of course helped in the push towards the 2006 flag.

2008-2010 saw those questioning whether he could rebuild as it culminated in a wooden spoon, and 2011 we made the prelims after finishing top 4. Also ensured a stay of execution as we were hopeful he could push for another flag.

In the end he had nothing left in his bag of tricks and he walked/sacked at the end of 2013.

That's what I meant.

That hardly sounds like pulling a rabbit out of hat. Sounds more like broadly skilled squad that ran at the peak for a number of years and squeezed out a championship. Pretty much the opposite scenario of Essendon.

Back