2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Changed the thread title.

You can choose one and only one team who you think will win the flag, and one side that could surprise and play finals.

Brisbane Lions for me as a smokey for the 8. There are 12 sides in front of them more favoured to make the 8 so yes they are a smokey.

I'd like to say Richmond but will just be called bias. I think we are a leading contender though, amongst other teams.

I just have this dark horse feeling about the Demons though.
Not biased at all. If you believe they will win it say it. * what any other campaigner says.

You guys are the favourites after all.

Last three premiers weren’t fancied preseason .... so ....

....it’s back to back baby!
Up the Coasters.

Adelaide to exceed expectations.

St Kilda would be my dark horse for the top 8. Feel like they’re a little underrated going into this season which is fair enough after they performed well below expectation in 2018. However, they weren’t far off finals the year before in 2017, so if they can get close to maximising the potential of their list and improve their game style, I reckon they’ll be in the mix for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a range of teams that are real chances to win it. Then there’ll probably be a couple that don’t look like a real chance to win it, but will be in it come September.
Even if we’re favourites now, it’s more likely that one of the other 17 clubs will win it, than us.

Still, picking us to win the flag, if you can’t have optimism pre season, can you ever really have it?

Who would be your dark horse though fellas? Dons and Crows are actually favoured to come into the 8. Someone less fancied I'm referring to.

St Kilda would be my dark horse for the top 8. Feel like they’re a little underrated going into this season which is fair enough after they performed well below expectation in 2018. However, they weren’t far off finals the year before in 2017, so if they can get close to maximising the potential of their list and improve their game style, I reckon they’ll be in the mix for finals.
You stole my outlandish prediction. Saints have under-performed the last 3 years. The talent is there and they are experienced enough.

Port Adelaide were close to finals late in the season but faded surprisingly (not helped by McGovern doing a Shuey)
A lot of their hopes rested on Ryder who struggled for fitness but now they also have Lycett.
Possibly also may have cleared out some behind the scenes egos/clashes so could also surprise many by easily making finals.

Back