2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"you ain't seen nothing yet mate"... ;)
I'm with ya Balls In
View attachment 634805

With you too.

Media already writing West Coast off again. Absolute worst thing that you can do if you want the Eagles to bomb. The "us vs the vics" mentality is alive and well in WA. We saw it at the end of the Grand Final - interviewer went to Sheed right after the siren, and the second or third sentence out of his mouth was "everyone wrote us off and we proved 'em wrong".

Want West Coast to tank? Stroke their egos in the papers. Historically our club has always enjoyed a bit of the ol' bathwater, and have had a tendency to slack off in matches where they're a "sure thing". Giving them ammo only ensures that the club will use it.

Personally im looking forward to a B2B.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: get your hand off it, peak Judd hahaha

Also, lol at schofield being pushed out of your best 22 despite him being an AA chance. Just, no.
Sheed doesn't have to be at peak Judd level for West Coast to win it though. He only has to do it for a couple of games, or produce a moment of brilliance.

Oh wait!

With you too.

Media already writing West Coast off again. Absolute worst thing that you can do if you want the Eagles to bomb. The "us vs the vics" mentality is alive and well in WA. We saw it at the end of the Grand Final - interviewer went to Sheed right after the siren, and the second or third sentence out of his mouth was "everyone wrote us off and we proved 'em wrong".

Want West Coast to tank? Stroke their egos in the papers. Historically our club has always enjoyed a bit of the ol' bathwater, and have had a tendency to slack off in matches where they're a "sure thing". Giving them ammo only ensures that the club will use it.

you just gave away your clubs game plan

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: get your hand off it, peak Judd hahaha

Also, lol at schofield being pushed out of your best 22 despite him being an AA chance. Just, no.

The point was only that our current depth should result in ladder position and therefore strategic advantage headed into finals, for example if we prize Richmond away from home. Sheed and Schofield were singled out only as players who only got games due to injury or suspension. Both had elite finals series. We have lots of players like these.

Last edited:
Still going with a Melbourne vs Adelaide grand final.
Collingwood potential to stagnate or go backwards a tad. Still make finals easily though.
West Coast will still be great, but history shows going back to back is difficult and the hunger may not be there for the entire best 22.
Tigers will make the 8 but I don't see the arrival of Tom Lynch doing a hell of a lot for their premiership chances. Has barely had a pre season and despite being a very good player at the Suns so far in his career, I'm not convinced that he has another level to go that will automatically raise both the profile of him as an individual or the side as a whole.

Fremantle are my smokeys for a finals birth. Entirely because I like how they have recruited and their genuine stars (Fyfe and Hogan) can win games for them if they both perform to their best. Once they realise they can stop gifting Ballentyne games the better they will become too.

Still going with a Melbourne vs Adelaide grand final.
Collingwood potential to stagnate or go backwards a tad. Still make finals easily though.
West Coast will still be great, but history shows going back to back is difficult and the hunger may not be there for the entire best 22.
Tigers will make the 8 but I don't see the arrival of Tom Lynch doing a hell of a lot for their premiership chances. Has barely had a pre season and despite being a very good player at the Suns so far in his career, I'm not convinced that he has another level to go that will automatically raise both the profile as him as an individual or the side as a whole.

Fremantle are my smokeys for a finals birth. Entirely because I like how they have recruited and their genuine stars (Fyfe and Hogan) can win games for them if they both perform to their best. Once they realise they can stop gifting Ballentyne games the better they will become too.

Lynch doesnt need to go to another level to make us better lol if he even gets to 80/90% of his form in 2016 he will transform our forward-line completely and make us far more dangerous. Also what does his profile have to do with a flag?

Sounds like classic "i never wanted him anyway" syndrome.

Lynch doesnt need to go to another level to make us better lol if he even gets to 80/90% of his form in 2016 he will transform our forward-line completely and make us far more dangerous. Also what does his profile have to do with a flag?

Sounds like classic "i never wanted him anyway" syndrome.

I didn't want him at Hawthorn. Thought we needed a reliable tall defender or pacey, slick midfielder before a player of his type.
What I mean is that I have noticed a lot of people (not just Tigers supporters), believing that having Lynch automatically sees Richmond go one better this season. The manic forward pressure with strong marking Riewoldt up forward has worked so well in the last couple of years.
Adding a big forward to that dynamic will take time to adjust to in my opinion and Lynch has yet to convince me that he is such a gun player that he would automatically improve any side. I hope this explains it a bit better. I mean no disrespect to the Tiges at all. I'll be the first to admit it if i'm proven wrong.

I didn't want him at Hawthorn. Thought we needed a reliable tall defender or pacey, slick midfielder before a player of his type.
What I mean is that I have noticed a lot of people (not just Tigers supporters), believing that having Lynch automatically sees Richmond go one better this season. The manic forward pressure with strong marking Riewoldt up forward has worked so well in the last couple of years.
Adding a big forward to that dynamic will take time to adjust to in my opinion and Lynch has yet to convince me that he is such a gun player that he would automatically improve any side. I hope this explains it a bit better. I mean no disrespect to the Tiges at all. I'll be the first to admit it if i'm proven wrong.

Fair enough, some of the concerns are valid i guess. Although it will take time to gel, i think it most definitely will as Riewoldt is one of the smartest footballers in the league and can gel with anyone.

As for his addition making it automatic that we go one better, no matter who is added to any team it is no guarantee that it will make them win the whole thing. Im yet to see anyone lock us in for the flag, and if they have its just stupid.

So many factors go into a flag, names are just on a piece of paper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies vs Melbourne GF

Back 2 back are hard win with the comp being so even these days.
I'm loving this new AFL era... where no repeats and different premiers year in and out.... its good for the fans and the league overall. Dynasties are fine for one team... but different premiers every year is GREAT for the league

now only if the bottom rung teams jump up to the top 8 here and there

I'm loving this new AFL era... where no repeats and different premiers year in and out.... its good for the fans and the league overall. Dynasties are fine for one team... but different premiers every year is GREAT for the league

now only if the bottom rung teams jump up to the top 8 here and there
I dont know that's actually where we are. Two premieres failed to make the GF the following year, one went close.

Before that the Hawks won 3 and the Eagles we have to wait and see.

Predictions:
  • MEL v WCE final
  • COLL & RICH to round up the top 4
  • ADL & GWS in the 8... and maybe GEE
  • SYD & HAW to drop out of 8
  • With Daniflop out again I'm moving Essendon up on the ladder, they may just make the 8 now
  • No idea how to read my own team atm

With you too.

WA media is the worst though, even Simmo said it last night at the season opening. The Gaff incident and the headline "Worst Coast Eagles" in the West is what galvanised the playing group, it had nothing to do with Eastern states bias :thumbsu:

Collingwood v Richmond in the Grand Final.

GWS Giants to remain a contender.

West Coast Eagles to be thereabouts.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide to re-enter the finals.

St Kilda to finish last.

Melbourne premiers....seriously.
Como on people who have they beaten in a big game?

Hawks and Geelong on the decline and taken to the cleaners by West Coast when it counted.

They’ll play the role of the hunted all year in 2019 so we’ll see how they handle it.

Melbourne premiers....seriously.
Como on people who have they beaten in a big game?

Hawks and Geelong on the decline and taken to the cleaners by West Coast when it counted.

They’ll play the role of the hunted all year in 2019 so we’ll see how they handle it.
Champion data have them ranked the best list in the AFL and so do all the so called footy experts but hey they get it wrong all the time just ask Robert Walls. To be honest its a very open field, Pies and Tigers are favourites for mine.

That’s my hope, the grand final most expected in 2018 and the last 2 premiers going head to head. Either eagles go back2back or tigers 2nd in 3 years.
Man I am nervous about this season, I think we have to finish top 2 to get to the GF, will be tough. My gut feel is Tigers, Pies, West Coast and Crows?

Eagles/Richmond; the grand final that should have been. Richmond probably would have creamed us last year, but with the grand final experience, Eagles a shout to go back-to-back.

Brisbane a dark horse to make the finals ahead of expectations.

Back