2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pre-Season I had Cats as my dark horse for the flag but after what I've seen so far we're the favourites. Or are we? We lost at home to GWS who are damn good, but got pantsed by WCE and also lost at home to Freo. We beat the Pies in round 1, who were my pick for the flag and I'll stand by that although I had them beating Mebourne. I think the Pies will beat us in the Grand Final, or they'll beat Essendon.

There's no disputing who the favourites are now, but as we saw last season with Richmond being favourites doesn't get you the cup. GWS are dangerous and my pick for the Brownlow Coniglio is killing it and looks on track to win it.

King-Coniglio!

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Pre-season I had Pies to win it, Cats as the dark horse for the flag and dark horse to play finals Brisbane. None of those now would be considered dark horses, and my pick still remains the Mighty Magpies.

Next pick would be the Catters whom I'm tipping to finish as runners up. I'll have the Bombers as the smokey team that could do some damage and was very confident after that when they almost knocked off the Pies on ANZAC Day. Disappointing since then however, but I won't draw a line through them just yet. Being just a game outside the 8 they can't be considered a smokey for the finals anymore either. Perhaps a smokey as a joker in the pack, a dangerous dice if you will.

Love the Western Bulldogs and have enjoyed them this season. Been a pleasant surprise and pushed Collingwood and Freo to the brink, snagged good back to back wins in the last fortnight too.

Adelaide have had a renaissance of sorts and kick started their season in Eddie's 300th against the Suns. They're a side that many got prematurely excited about as they did last year opening at 2-0. The Crows have a good draw and could make the Prelims with a bit of luck and possibly even the Granny but I don't foresee a victory by any means. That's best case scenario for me.

Dees only a game outside the 8 and Sydney two after horrid starts. Not even they would be considered smokey's for the 8. The season is a fair chunk in now so we've had a look at many teams and their form speaks for itself.

Freo have come thudding back down to earth and up until a week ago I thought they were going to be the spanner in the works in Season 2019. A week's a long time in footy however and if they beat the Dons, that swings things again. Whoever loses that game will have some soul searching to do as it will either be 4 straight losses for the Bombers, or 3 straight for Freo. Both will still be right in the hunt for finals but.

Premiers - Collingwood
Runners Up - Geelong
Dangerous Dark Horse - Essendon+Adelaide

Cameron for Coleman
Kelly or Coniglio for Charlie

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Pre-season I had Pies to win it, Cats as the dark horse for the flag and dark horse to play finals Brisbane. None of those now would be considered dark horses, and my pick still remains the Mighty Magpies.

Next pick would be the Catters whom I'm tipping to finish as runners up. I'll have the Bombers as the smokey team that could do some damage and was very confident after that when they almost knocked off the Pies on ANZAC Day. Disappointing since then however, but I won't draw a line through them just yet. Being just a game outside the 8 they can't be considered a smokey for the finals anymore either. Perhaps a smokey as a joker in the pack, a dangerous dice if you will.

Love the Western Bulldogs and have enjoyed them this season. Been a pleasant surprise and pushed Collingwood and Freo to the brink, snagged good back to back wins in the last fortnight too.

Adelaide have had a renaissance of sorts and kick started their season in Eddie's 300th against the Suns. They're a side that many got prematurely excited about as they did last year opening at 2-0. The Crows have a good draw and could make the Prelims with a bit of luck and possibly even the Granny but I don't foresee a victory by any means. That's best case scenario for me.

Dees only a game outside the 8 and Sydney two after horrid starts. Not even they would be considered smokey's for the 8. The season is a fair chunk in now so we've had a look at many teams and their form speaks for itself.

Freo have come thudding back down to earth and up until a week ago I thought they were going to be the spanner in the works in Season 2019. A week's a long time in footy however and if they beat the Dons, that swings things again. Whoever loses that game will have some soul searching to do as it will either be 4 straight losses for the Bombers, or 3 straight for Freo. Both will still be right in the hunt for finals but.

Premiers - Collingwood
Runners Up - Geelong

Cameron for Coleman

Like Your posts Mac but cmon Man ! Even the most unexpected Premiers have had a certain steel about them.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Flag: Pies, Geelong, Adelaide (tip to come good), initially had GWS but have gone right off.

Dark Horse: I figure there will be a bolter, someone who could hit momentum and just gun the finals. Essendon look off (and I had them for top 4) so the real roughie is..............Richmond. If they get most players back and keep the game plan going they could do damage.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong's to lose at this very early stage, but still early days. I don't feel the Pies are up to it, GWS lack something, and we need to start playing with more intensity for four quarters. Richmond have too many injuries. Hard to see any others have a real shot at it.

SpongePie

Premium Platinum
Feb 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Premiers - Collingwood
Runners Up - Geelong

Cameron for Coleman

I would hate to play the Cats in a grand final again. That scares me.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
west coast will make 8
Quite easily, I'd imagine. They are playing bog average footy and still 6-3. They have good players to come back and we know they have an extra gear (not just from last year, but against Collingwood and GWS), the only question mark is whether this form is the norm for the year or just them warming up; if it's the norm, then they'll just be making up the numbers.

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I reckon Geelong are peaking early and will fade away, finish somewhere between fourth and seventh.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Flag: Richmond, Geelong, Pies

Find it odd people are writing off Richmond - are the best side by a country mile with a full list. If they can stay within top 6 whilst their players return I would not want to be running into them in the back end of the year.

Smokey for finals: Essendon

Not as bad as they’re making out to be right now. But still middle of the road.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Your guys will be lucky to make the 8.

Think we should make it, barring some sort of disaster.

I feel Collingwood are up there but just not good enough to win it all. Geelong are clearly a level above, and like in 2011, might be what stops them. Could be wrong, but Geelong deserve to be flag favourites atm. West Coast and Collingwood imo still equal second.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Flag: Richmond, Geelong, Pies

Find it odd people are writing off Richmond - are the best side by a country mile with a full list. If they can stay within top 6 whilst their players return I would not want to be running into them in the back end of the year.

Smokey for finals: Essendon

Not as bad as they’re making out to be right now. But still middle of the road.

Writing us off eh?

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I concur. As it does every year, it'll be determined by which of those teams times their run into September.
Exactly. Home and away form doesnt matter too much as long as you still get the wins. See Adelaide 2017 and Richmond 2018 for examples of it not mattering much.

Which is why I wouldnt be concerned with Eagles "form" right now because wins are still coming. Same as the Tigers, not our best right now but get back Riewoldt, Cotchin and others in September and we could definitely get hot for a month and win it. So could the others mentioned.

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
Surely the swans couldn't repeat what they did 2 years ago & make the 8 after winning only one of the first 7 games? They have had luck on their side in the past 2 weeks but I expect it'll be bound to run out

Back