2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Ladder

1. Geelong
2. GWS
3. Collingwood
4. West Coast
5. Brisbane
6. Richmond
7. Port
8. Adelaide

QF1 Thursday Night - Geelong vs West Coast @MCG

QF2 Saturday Night - GWS vs Collingwood Spotless

1st Elimination Final - Brisbane vs Adelaide Gabba Saturday

2nd Elimination Final - Richmond vs Port @MCG Friday Night

Would be an awesome first week of finals.

Last edited:

Premiership Predictions - Collingwood
Outside shot for the flag - Freo ( count your lucky stars they're banged up )
Dark Horse for finals - Take your pick. Dons, Swans, Roos. Emphasis on Dark Horse Dummies
Brownlow - Still stands what I had pre-season. Tim Kelly or Stevan Coniglio

Bombers got the win that keeps them right in the hunt. They'll fancy themselves going into Thursday Nights clash with the Eagles after triumphing there last year. The Eagles were missing JK, Darling? And one or two other forwards. Fraser McInnes was leading the line:tearsofjoy:

Good to see the Dons hang around the pack and like many other sides with the season being very even, they'll shape how the top 8 and four sets.

The Grand Final

Richmond vs West Coast

What we all wanted to see last year, but sadly for Richmond fans ( and great for West Coast ) the Pies put paid to the Tigers hopes of B2B and were put to the sword a week later against the armoured Blue and Gold brigade. A match of epic proportions, who would emerge triumphant?

The first term see's a see-sawing battle with Richmond shading the honours leading by 4 points at Quarter time. Dusty is at his inspirational best and rounds an opponent, checks back, and snaps over his shoulder to slot his second goal on the siren. B.O.G at this stage but we're only one quarter in. Plenty of time for Sheed to shine.

Term 2

Not much separating the two here. Pettrucelle just went through 6th gear. Eagles get their noses in front ( see what I did there ) and go in to the main break with a 6.5 to 5.6 lead. Dusty well held in the 2nd and McGovern and Hurn combine with Barrass and Duggan to thwart the attack of Lynch and Riewoldt.

3rd Quarter

The Plot thickens and unfolds even more. Who will be first to the ball? Will it be Shuey, Will it be Houli? Cotchin, Sheed, Martin or Ruckmen Tom Hickey? Not he as out roared Nick Natanui. The Eagles don't give an inch and the Tige's don't back down one either. As we did remarkably in 2018 we go into the final quarter of 2019 with scores tied. 9.8 a piece. a Goal more than what it was a year earlier.

4th quarter

De Ja Vu allover again. Dusty this time nails both as the Tigers take a two goal lead 2 mins into the last quarter. But we've all seen it before. The Eagles have seen it before. McGovern holds firm, Shuey slithers through like a worm. Dom Sheed will make you bleed. And that he does as he nails the last two goals of the Granny giving West Coast a 17 point win. JackDarling erases his tag as choker as he also kicked two vital last quarter goals as West Coast stormed home with the final 5 winning 14.11 95 to Richmond's 11.12 78.

Norm Smith - Dom Sheed

Goal Kickers - Sheed 4 Darling 3 JK 2
Richmond - Martin 4 Riewoldt 3 Lynch 3

I haven't been on BigFooty for a few weeks, so I'm a little late on the reading. You brought an emotional tear to my eye. I love you Macpotata.

Still going with the Pies
I haven't been on BigFooty for a few weeks, so I'm a little late on the reading. You brought an emotional tear to my eye. I love you Macpotata.
Was going to post the above 15 minutes ago bumping this thread:) and ironically you bumped it:)

And still sticking with them. But holy s**t, as I mentioned in the contenders and pretenders thread, your ceiling is the best/highest.

If you guys get hungry again.........

Flag = Eagles
Runner up = Geelong
Smoky = Port
Top 4 smoky = Adelaide
Finals smoky = Swans

Personally I expect the build up to the GF to be something like 2014, every man and his dog getting on Geelong who finish top and are clear favourites (aka Sydney), then West Coast produce a Hawthorn type effort and put them to the sword. Simply to classy on the big day.

Essendon

I am serious, bookmark this post.

- Worsfold has a habit of pulling one out when he is under the most pressure
- Right age/games mix
- Their talented youth in the breakout window
- Last three premiers have surprised, why not this one?

This guy knows nothing, gtfo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless they cough up a few games that they shouldn't, It looks it like the top two now will be a battle between Geelong and West Coast. GWS, Collingwood (given their current form), Adelaide etc all have hard draws. So unless someone can beat West Coast over there it looks like they will be in the final again. It's up to Geelong to keep their end of the bargain.

Dons are a dangerous dark horse. They're one of many that even if they don't make the 8, will shape it and have a big say how in how it sets. Hawks in that category too which I said pre-season, and they very nearly pulled off a great win yesterday, and probably should have. They'll get some good wins before the season ends.

North and the Dogs already have. Swannies, another. Got West Coast a few weeks ago and nearly got the Magpies. Bombers-Swans a big duel now on Saturday arvo footy at the G which if the Dons prevail will see them move 2 games clear of Sydney.

2019 Premiership Predictions and Dark Horses for the 8 Pre-Season for me was Collingwood to win it, Cats as the dark horse for the flag and dark horse for the final I can't recall. I may have said Brisbane, but I don't believe they were a dark horse for the 8. Probably said them and I had Cameron for the Coleman and Coniglio or Kelly for the Brownlow.

Right now for the Prem it's too hard to call and I don't like deviating from Pre-Season predictions because your initial pick/instinct is often spot on.

Been the best - Geelong
Can play the best if at their best - West Coast
Will be the best - Collingwood

That's just my opinion which doesn't look likely now but quite a lot hasn't looked likely in recent footy times. Even going back to last years Prelim or before that after the Pies were beaten in the qualifying final by WCE at Optus. T hings change in a blink of an eye.

Dark horse for the 8 at this stage and emphasis on Dark Horse - logical answer would be Sydney, Dogs or Roos as there's a good chance they'll be 2 games out of the 8 at the end of the day. But with the way things have gone this season and this round, you wouldn't like to bet on it.

The Lions surely now would have to be the '' Dark Horse '' for this years flag wouldn't they?

Not favoured to win it, but if there's an outsider surely they are it.

Premiers - West Coast
Runners Up - Geelong

Top 8:

Geelong
West Coast
GWS
Adelaide
Collingwood
Brisbane
Richmond
Essendon

Brownlow: Kelly
Norm Smith: Shuey

I can't fully recall the narrative re the Bulldogs in the buildup to the 2016 finals series, were they seen as a realistic flag chance pre the finals?

Would a Lions flag be a bigger turn up than that Dogs flag?

I am confident though that we will be better next year and that Chris Fagan, David Noble, Greg Swan and co are building a club that will have a consistent run at realistic top 4 finishes going forward, which puts you in with a chance of a flag. Similar to what the Cats, Swans and Hawks have been able to do for the last decade or so.

I can't fully recall the narrative re the Bulldogs in the buildup to the 2016 finals series, were they seen as a realistic flag chance pre the finals?

Would a Lions flag be a bigger turn up than that Dogs flag?

I am confident though that we will be better next year and that Chris Fagan, David Noble, Greg Swan and co are building a club that will have a consistent run at realistic top 4 finishes going forward, which puts you in with a chance of a flag. Similar to what the Cats, Swans and Hawks have been able to do for the last decade or so.
Pretty sure it was seen as a near-impossiblity that they go to Perth and win with 5 or 6 players on their first game back from injury. Especially after they couldnt beat the lowly dockers there in the last round.

nah cant see it...theyll be doing well to make finals thisyear

yeah agree but no way smokey for flag imo
I don't believe they will either. But hence the word smokey. We're talking about an outsider if someone were to win it unexpectedly.

Geelong
Collingwood
West Coast
GWS
Richmond ( despite where they are now because of what they did the last two years, and some quality to come back )
Adelaide - Pre-Season being talked up

If any of these sides won it, it wouldn't be a surprise. Some would argue Richmond or Adelaide given where they are now ( and fair enough )

Not for me though. Hence I chose the Lions.

Back