2019 Premiership Predictions + Finals smokies - Are Brisbane the Dark Horse for this years Flag?

Will Richmond win the 2019 premiership?

• Yes

Votes: 56 20.9%
  • Finish Runners Up

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bow out in the Prelims

Votes: 75 28.0%
  • Semi Finalists

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • First round exit

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • Won't play finals

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • Collingwood will win it - Redemption for 2018

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • West Coast - Back to Back for Bunga and the Boys

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Geelong - Dangerfield and Ablett will rise. Kelly will Kill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane - The Baby '' Bears '' will surprise all

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Bulldogs - 2016 Allover again

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Essendon - Avalanche Beckons

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Adelaide - Against the odds

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Port - Powerhouse Players get it done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1 Geelong
2 West Coast
3 GWS
4 Richmond
5 Brisbane
6 Collingwood
7 Adelaide
8 Port Adelaide

Q1 Geelong Def Richmond
E1 Brisbane Def Port Adelaide
Q2 West Coast Def GWS
E2 Collingwood Def Adelaide

S1 GWS Def Brisbane
S2 Richmond Def Collingwood

PF 1 West Coast Def Richmond
PF 2 Geelong Def GWS

GF Geelong Def West Coast

If Richmond win this week their only loss for the rest of the season imo will be against Collingwood.

If Pies win this week they're as good as premiers imo.

not stirring fellas enjoy your posts btw. Some of the better posters on here.

Thoughts now?

not stirring fellas enjoy your posts btw. Some of the better posters on here.

Thoughts now?
Even though I did not say the pies are top Premiership favourites early in the week, I ended up tipping them last night. lol Pies, Cats, WCE equal favourites. GWS if they win tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it a couple of weeks ago. If there's a dark horse, they are it.

Who do you think they will play in the grannie?
Geelong.

But anyone of these teams if they face would be huge, and with a good story.

If it is us, 2011 replay

WCE - Rematch of last year. A chance to atone.
Brisbane - 2002 and 2003 revisited
Richmond - Holy *. Enough said.

What are your predictions? or gut feel at this stage.

Geelong.

But anyone of these teams if they face would be huge, and with a good story.

If it is us, 2011 replay

WCE - Rematch of last year. A chance to atone.
Brisbane - 2002 and 2003 revisited
Richmond - Holy fu**. Enough said.

What are your predictions? or gut feel at this stage.

Pies vs Tigers I would be going in as a neutral expecting a punch-up by quarter time. Would be a ripping game.

Pies vs Tigers I would be going in as a neutral expecting a punch-up by quarter time. Would be a ripping game.
Would be an absolute beauty.

The Prelim last year was a great occasion and monumental upset that got buried somewhat after the great dish you guys served up.

That was the best Grand Final I've witnessed. 2012 right up there too.

Good fight back from the Lions last night. I don't think they're ready this year, as many people share the same sentiments. Like the Bears of 1996, Swans too perhaps. Best case scenario = Runners up. More likely scenario - A prelim or a semi final appearance.

Geelong - 2007 allover again where we face an interstate side who unexpectedly has a superb run to the GF ( no I don't think it will be 119 ) or is it a 2011 where we face a side who made the GF the year before ( Pies again ) Who knows.

Top 4 for me

Cats
Eagles
Pies
Tiges

On a knife's edge though week to week. What if the Pies lose to Richmond this week?( I don't think they will though ) but if they did, then top 4 is on the line again. The Giants roared right back into premiership discussion with that awesome display yesterday, but only a week before lost at the MCG again. 15 of the last 18 games has ended in a loss at the Grand cathedral.

Dons and Doggies - Dangerous Dark Horses

Banana skin - Hawks

I'm still sticking with the Pies as finals are a different proposition and I hold the belief they'll raise their game once more when it matters. Lose to Richmond on Friday Night and my opinion will change. I have them beating the Tige's at this point in time. Whoever loses that game, I'm going to erase them from my premiership contenders list.

Geelong and West Coast - Let's see what they can conjure up today

Hawks can beat anyone at their best and have done so already. Melbourne have pushed the Eagles beating them in Perth in successive seasons 2017 and 2018 during the home and away games. Very nearly did so again this year. Obviously poleaxed in that Prelim last year.

Good footy on hand today. BTW if Richmond did win next Friday Night, that's going to be one hell of a Tiger Train to contain leading up to the finals.

Collingwood vs Richmond will be Grand Final Like.

90,000+

Richmond, Lions and surprisingly Essendon are the form teams of the comp.

I'd be disappointed if we finished lower than 6th now.

Cats
Eagles
Tigers
Lions
Pies
Dons
Gws
Crows/Port/Dogs
Love the way your mob fights back. Many a great come back in their history, recent football history too.

Crows Prelim
WCE in 93, 94, 2007, 2013
Freo in 2013
Swans 2001

Several times against the Blues in 2013+2014, games in the 2000's too.

Heaps of great fight backs!

Brisbane are riding a real wave of momentum right now. Kind of reminds me of Melbourne last year. I genuinely don't think they have enough experienced quality to win a flag this year but who knows. If they could finish 2nd and get themselves some home finals I certainly wouldn't rule them out. That said I think we still have a bit to learn about Brisbane

Interestingly they play Geelong and Richmond in the final 2 rounds. That will probably tell us a fair bit about Brisbane. Especially if everyone is still jockeying for position in the top 4.

Add Hawks for 8th, they're right in the mix. If they beat the Lions next week lock em in.
I'm not feeling the Hawks. Tough away games to GWS and the Eagles as well as a dance with North. Gold Coast are the other game, but the one's mentioned as well as Brizzy this week are very tough.

Got them beating the Lions btw!

Back