Training 2019 preseason discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

At most they're playing 80 minutes of low intensity, low contact football. It's a glorified training drill, they're no more likely to get injured playing AFLX than they are training or playing JLT.

At most they're playing 80 minutes of low intensity, low contact football. It's a glorified training drill, they're no more likely to get injured playing AFLX than they are training or playing JLT.

I'm not worried about injury at all, wouldn't be a quarter as physical as the work they are doing up at the camp.
People sook it up about injury way too much in these sorts of things, it's basically a non contact kick around.

But I really do hope Danger and Riewoldt both do ACLs so that the sport dies

I’m pretty surprised that boxing is part of their training routine. Doesn’t anyone ever break a hand/wrist?

Yeah i remember that, but how often did happen though? That's why i said there isn't 'to much'. Because it still happens but it's very low contact

I’m pretty surprised that boxing is part of their training routine. Doesn’t anyone ever break a hand/wrist?

Not often at all, in fact players "playing freesbie/wrestling with their dogs" has caused more hand injuries than boxing.

Just to bring you u pto speed, a couple years ago a younger collingwood player Jordan De Goey reported to the club on Monday morning with a broken hand and said he was playing with his dog and later turned out he was in a fight whilst out late saturday night. Next pre season same club different player Jeremy Howe broke a finger the story was he was playing frisbee with his dog, but he had also played in a local cricket game around the same time.

How does Gus Brayshaw look this year? Primed and ready to take the next step and go bang? I'm sure he'll have a field day R1 if he is...

How does Gus Brayshaw look this year? Primed and ready to take the next step and go bang? I'm sure he'll have a field day R1 if he is...
Unfortunately his standards have dropped significantly since his third place in the Charlie, and he's picked up a nasty Wiesn Pulver addiction in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Their standards with every training session and running session are very high and my body (needed) a bit of time to adjust to it and it's given way a little bit."

Even though it's disappointing that he's injured his hammy, I bloody loved reading this from Steven May. Such a far cry from yesteryear when we were essentially gold coast

Just been out to casey fields to have a look at the lads train for the first time in a while. There still going I think, but I'm not - absolutely been raining buckets out at casey and a fresh wind to boot. Didn't stop quite a large turnout though which was good.

Got there and the rehab group now featuring May were running laps. Some guns in that group too but I'm not too fussed at this time of year. Jonesy looked a bit lonely running laps by himself the whole time. Good solid match sim with the rest of the group, very vocal and seemed to be enjoying themselves in spite of the conditions. Thought Gawn was in everything and probably my tip for bog. Looks in excellent nick. Sam Weideman also now looks and plays like he's the main man in the forward fifty. Number 23 (James Jordan?) laid a ripping tackle on some NPC I can't remember, which was definitely seen by Goody. Also Tom Sparrow looks a likely type. Music pumping around the ground was decent too.

"Their standards with every training session and running session are very high and my body (needed) a bit of time to adjust to it and it's given way a little bit."

Even though it's disappointing that he's injured his hammy, I bloody loved reading this from Steven May. Such a far cry from yesteryear when we were essentially gold coast
Devils advocate, and not hating on him, but he was Gold Coast's co-captain last year and should have been driving elite training standards at that club himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back