Training 2019 Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

yep very light on, no one having the best pre season ever

Or every player declaring they are going to play midfield next year.

Gloating about an injury?

He doesn’t play for us

You quite obviously have a poor opinion of me Punts.
How on earth did you conclude that I was gloating about an injury to Hanners by just posting that link?

I wasn't sure where to put it but thought some might have been interested to read it so I put it in the Pre season thread, even though he isn't with us.
He is still one of our p'ship players, just like Schneids & Dempster were so I will always have a keen interest in them.

You quite obviously have a poor opinion of me Punts.
How on earth did you conclude that I was gloating about an injury to Hanners by just posting that link?

I wasn't sure where to put it but thought some might have been interested to read it so I put it in the Pre season thread, even though he isn't with us.
He is still one of our p'ship players, just like Schneids & Dempster were so I will always have a keen interest in them.
Why bother putting it up

He doesn’t play for us

Just gloating a past players injury otherwise why not put up every injured player in pre season

Why bother putting it up

He doesn’t play for us

Just gloating a past players injury otherwise why not put up every injured player in pre season

I guess because many on here would have more of an attachment to Hanners than probably any other non-Swans player in the league right now. I for one have been keeping a close eye on Hanners so far this off-season even though he's at the Saints and I would actually love him to get back to his best. He's still a Swan in my eyes, just a different jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate is a teacher at this school. Had a chat yesterday and he said horse was unreal. Spoke wonderfully to the kids and gave his time without thought.
(hey I know some inside info!!!!)
I was told Horse changed all the normal teachers roles and duties up and mixed all the classes up too, he left with a certain satisfaction and sense of job well done.

Thanks for posting this Ted. I'm another who hopes Hanners can get back to ripping form and prove his doubters wrong. Ignore the miserable pile of rubbish.

Personally I don't give a rat's how he goes. He left to be paid twice what he was worth. He's with the Tainted. Apt really.

Personally I don't give a rat's how he goes. He left to be paid twice what he was worth. He's with the Tainted. Apt really.
I don't like seeing Hanners at the Saints but it's pretty hard to blame him and I still like the guy. He got a great deal out of the Saints. We did fine out of it. They took his contract off our hands. We reduce our exposure to injured players and get some salary cap room to find someone who fits better into our longer term plans. It's not like he'll lead them to a flag. Even at his peak Hanners was never that good

I don't like seeing Hanners at the Saints but it's pretty hard to blame him and I still like the guy. He got a great deal out of the Saints. We did fine out of it. They took his contract off our hands. We reduce our exposure to injured players and get some salary cap room to find someone who fits better into our longer term plans. It's not like he'll lead them to a flag. Even at his peak Hanners was never that good

Disagree. At his best hanners was a top 5 league player imo. Having said that, his best was only ever 1-2 years. But he was easily a top 20 player for a good portion of his career before injury. He won't get back to those standards again but I wish his all the best and your right, he won't lead them to a flag, but he'll set standards therw and that's what they need to push into the 8.

Disagree. At his best hanners was a top 5 league player imo. Having said that, his best was only ever 1-2 years. But he was easily a top 20 player for a good portion of his career before injury. He won't get back to those standards again but I wish his all the best and your right, he won't lead them to a flag, but he'll set standards therw and that's what they need to push into the 8.
His kicking let him down even in his best year, he has struggled to hit targets.

His kicking let him down even in his best year, he has struggled to hit targets.

That may be true but think of the best players recently and let me know how their kicking is? Mitchell? Danger? Martin? None of them are particularly great kicks

We cap dumped Hanners to cash in on his assumed eventual return to his home town. Bit harsh to be down on him for taking a good deal while it was there.

Yet some are harsh on Mitchell.

That may be true but think of the best players recently and let me know how their kicking is? Mitchell? Danger? Martin? None of them are particularly great kicks

martin is one of the best kicks in the league and i don't care what the stats say.

I'm confused. You disagreed then you agreed with me. I never said Hanners wasn't a great player in his time. I said he (even at his best) wasn't good enough to lead the Saints to a flag. Even Superman isn't that good.

Yet some are harsh on Mitchell.
Not harsh. Critical yes but many felt Mitchell was somewhat disengenuous. He was already on a good wad of cash for his age but wanted loads more. Cash was his sole reason for joining the Hawks. The story that he didn't get enough games is BS. He played full seasons in his last two years at Sydney and would have played more had he stayed on. He wasn't getting on in years or coming off a long term injury like Hanners, who needed the security of a long term contract. We'd invested heavily in Mitchell, turning him into a two way running beast and we never got the payback. Hanners owed us nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back