zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
We’d seen these games from Rohan and then the next month would average about 5 possessions a game, rinse and repeat. Good luck to him but I’m not missing him not being gifted games.
He only had 9 posessions yesterday... Really have to go beyond disposal numbers if you want to calculate a players impact on a game.

Had we not had Rohan last year, we win two games less and miss finals.

Do I think Rohan needed a change? Not really, he just went home. We think it was needed only because he is misunderstood by fans from a footy IQ point of view. Look at Boyd, he went from a waste of money to he's worth every penny in 1 game. That's how fickle we are, either they do it for a laugh purposefully or they're just legit dumb.

I don't think he was 'gifted' games. He fit his purpose and his low posessions still warranted a spot in the coaches eyes due to the impact he had. Sporadic or not, he was devestating at times, snatched 4 points off his own boot multiple times. Did they want a bit more of it from him? Ofcourse they would have. Is that why they got rid of him? I doubt it. The return home and salary dump would've been the only reasons.

He only had 9 posessions yesterday... Really have to go beyond disposal numbers if you want to calculate a players impact on a game.

Had we not had Rohan last year, we win two games less and miss finals.

Do I think Rohan needed a change? Not really, he just went home. We think it was needed only because he is misunderstood by fans from a footy IQ point of view. Look at Boyd, he went from a waste of money to he's worth every penny in 1 game. That's how fickle we are, either they do it for a laugh purposefully or they're just legit dumb.

I don't think he was 'gifted' games. He fit his purpose and his low posessions still warranted a spot in the coaches eyes due to the impact he had. Sporadic or not, he was devestating at times, snatched 4 points off his own boot multiple times. Did they want a bit more of it from him? Ofcourse they would have. Is that why they got rid of him? I doubt it. The return home and salary dump would've been the only reasons.

He did not want to go. There was no go home factor. Horse et al lost patience. That said am sure all wish him well.

Hmnn ..... I doubt there is a coach who would not want their team to win.

You're right. I've heard rumours Horse is still devastated that we didn't win the NAB Cup in 2012. The PTSD from that loss may actually have contributed to him going into his shell so much as a coach.

You're right. I've heard rumours Horse is still devastated that we didn't win the NAB Cup in 2012. The PTSD from that loss may actually have contributed to him going into his shell so much as a coach.

Yep. Put him off his oats for ages.

Of course H would prefer to win, tho he won't burn the barn down when we don't.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Hmnn ..... I doubt there is a coach who would not want their team to win.

Paul Roos was once investigated for throwing a preseason game by telling McVeigh (I think) to go forward but don’t kick a goal.

Proven false of course ;)

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Brad johnson said in commentary that rohan will do better at geelong as he will have more freedom. apparently he played a much more structured role at sydney. i have no idea if this is true. it felt to me like this was an implicit criticism of horse.

Brad johnson said in commentary that rohan will do better at geelong as he will have more freedom. apparently he played a much more structured role at sydney. i have no idea if this is true. it felt to me like this was an implicit criticism of horse.

Such criticism of Horse is unwarranted. Horse provided Rohan with umpteen opportunities in different roles,

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Good luck to Rohan, I hope he makes best of the opportunity.

Reality at the Swans is he was being overtaken by younger players that will likely end up being better than what he had delivered. Thus it was time to move on as I am sure he was on decent money and it would have been likely wasted in the NEAFL in short order.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
and he never let Rohan settle in one position either.

Also we know that Longmire is not a huge fan of players taking the game on and playing with flair, and those are two things that Rohan would be quite good at.

Nonsense, he played the great majority of his games deep in the forward line. He played a number of matches at half back, which was a failure.

The Horse doesn’t like flair argument has really taken off as fact when there’s really no proof of it at all other than some flimsy theories about Florent’s goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, they’re not entirely wrong but they use the wrong evidence to support their argument. What Horse has done with Aliir and Lloyd is far more damning than anything he’s done with Florent.

Back