Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Doedee
"A club spokesman said Doedee had reported quad soreness and he would
have scans on Friday to determine the extent of the damage.
But the Crows do not believe the injury is serious."

So a 10-12 week injury then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a player takes mark before the siren, does the disposal after the siren count even if they are not having a shot for goal?
I've always wondered that. Like when they take a mark in them middle of the ground and then the siren goes. The player often kicks it to the umpire, so does that count as a kick? And is it effective or ineffective considering it hits the target...

I've always wondered that. Like when they take a mark in them middle of the ground and then the siren goes. The player often kicks it to the umpire, so does that count as a kick? And is it effective or ineffective considering it hits the target...
I'm 99% sure that counts as a stat. And as its a free stat the player nearly always kicks it.

The one that has always slightly irked me is when a guy is over the boundary line but behind the mark for too long so the umpire calls play on. Logic tells you that from the moment the call is play on then the ball should then be out of bounds (even if its in the players hands). I mean technically that player can be tackled at that point (although i've never seen it), so it doesn't make sense that he can stand way over the boundary line with the ball in his hands after play on is called.

I never really pressed it because its universally done so I assume there is a loophole or grace period somewhere in the rules, but it doesn't stop me from being just that little bit irritated by it every time!

One of my many weird quirks I suppose!

Back