Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Rory fronting day 1 with the kids. Is that Bryce Gibbs on the left of the picture?
Any other senior players there?
Yep Bryce with white boots. Cant see anybody else senior

Stengle? Very roundish looking

Yep Bryce with white boots. Cant see anybody else senior

Stengle? Very roundish looking
Hence the nickname Wombat.

Think you'll find the senior guys will pick and choose their sessions in the first week or so. Tex might not be ready yet and a few others were at JLs wedding

Hence the nickname Wombat.

Think you'll find the senior guys will pick and choose their sessions in the first week or so. Tex might not be ready yet and a few others were at JLs wedding
It was actually because he doesn't lose his feet

Himmelberg looks larger in the legs .....looks to have been doing a lot of leg work :thumbsu: ....that'll help him hold hos ground in marking contests, whereas in his only AFL game, he was like an annoying stick insect that you swat away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wondering if this was covered anywhere (which you have in the OP) but apparently they've knocked down a number of stands (live in Melb so I haven't seen first hand) so at least it should be a lot more possible to view training sessions these days.

Hopefully that leads to a more enjoyable off-season for all of us here!

Vast majority is gone now. Most of the Northern and Southern stands are down. Whole Eastern is gone.

You just have to love Sloane. With all he went through at the end of last season, you could forgive him if he came back a bit later, but there he is, Day 1 with the youngsters. What a champ.
After everything, he's probably glad to get back into what he loves ....traumatic period for him though

So with all the stands coming down, perhaps now is an opportunity to turn FP into a MCG sized surface?

With existing lease on the facilities there in place for another 20 years (?) seems like a reasonable option

Back