Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool man. You asked if I thought that he was a good bloke I said that thought that he was.

I think that your holding on a bit too tight.
Yeah that’s it, I am holding on too tight highlighting what a “not a good bloke” Bill is. I’d be more worried about your judgment than me holding on too tight.

1712-McHenry.jpg

images

Bill is a dodgy ex union leader who was more interested in working out deals for himself and ripping off his members. He’s slimey who backstabbed his way into the leadership. He’s a liar who will bullshit his way into power, just like tried to do with Mediscare. Yeah he’s a good bloke, pigsarse.

3aw brain washing at it's finest people, come gather round and marvel!

How about doing some actual reading about the history of unions and their importance to workforces all over the planet. Or, we could have just left our working lives in the hands of our great wealthy masters and hoped that they treated us fairly?

You talk about scare tactics with Medicare? How about constant fear campaigns before every state and federal election involving threats of terrorism, immigrants overrunning us, crime safety (Bikie gangs and Sudanese people on the loose!) and that Labour black hole budget deficit we seem to survive yearly.

Yes, Labor overstated the IMMEDIATE danger to the Medicare system but the reality is the Liberals have always attacked and cut funding to public health and education services in favour of funding the private alternatives, Just like the Great Jeffrey Kennett in Victoria. Go and google the list of things Kennett sold or closed down, Schools, Hospitals, Tafes, mental health facilities and sold off Victorian utilities (Utilities are a licence to print money, profitable year after year) and then people wonder why they have to pay more tax after their government privatised some of their greatest money makers. Mind you, as a man called Joseph Stiglitz has said ''privatisation has NEVER lead to better services or cheaper prices''.

Why people are happy to support Private schools getting more funding than public schools by Liberal governments I'll never understand, do most Australian children attend private schools?

Last edited:

How about doing some actual reading about the history of unions and their importance to workforces all over the planet. Or, we could have just left our working lives in the hands of our great wealthy masters and hope they treated us fairly?

You talk about scare tactics with Medicare? How about constant fear campaigns before every state and federal election involving threats of terrorism, immigrants overrunning us, crime safety (Bikie gangs and Sudanese people on the loose!) and that Labour black hole budget deficit we seem to survive yearly.

Yes, Labor overstated the IMMEDIATE danger to the Medicare system but the reality is the Liberals have always attacked and cut funding to public health and education services in favour of funding everything they privatise, Just like the Great Jeffrey Kennett in Victoria. Go and google the list of things Kennett sold or closed down, Schools, Hospitals, Tafes, mental health facilities and sold off Victorian utilities (Utilities are a licence to print money, profitable year after year) and then people wonder why they have to pay more tax after their government privatised some of their greatest money makers. Mind you, as a man called Joseph Stiglitz has said ''privatisation has NEVER lead to better services or cheaper prices''.

Why people are happy to support Private schools getting more funding then public schools by Liberal governments I'll never understand, do most Australian children attend private schools?
How about you piss off fouling up our
2019 Preseason + Operations thread with your crap.

How about doing some actual reading about the history of unions and their importance to workforces all over the planet. Or, we could have just left our working lives in the hands of our great wealthy masters and hope they treated us fairly?

Yes, Labor overstated the IMMEDIATE danger to the Medicare system but the reality is the Liberals have always attacked and cut funding to public health and education services in favour of funding everything they privatise, Just like the Great Jeffrey Kennett in Victoria. Go and google the list of things Kennett sold or closed down, Schools, Hospitals, Tafes, mental health facilities and sold off Victorian utilities (Utilities are a licence to print money, profitable year after year) and then people wonder why they have to pay more tax after their government privatised some of their greatest money makers. Mind you, as a man called Joseph Stiglitz has said ''privatisation has NEVER lead to better services or cheaper prices''.

Why people are happy to support Private schools getting more funding then public schools by Liberal governments I'll never understand, do most Australian children attend private schools?
Mate sorry if I don’t read all your ramblings but whilst I was at Uni I worked as a Builders Labourer in the holidays and I saw first hand what scumbags they were. Striking because a carpenter opened the front gate and not a labourer, striking because the toilet was leaky. All important stuff. My old man was a carpenter and worked the majority of his life on the building sites and he hates them more than me.

Less and less workers are member of unions, those that are see their dues go to dodgy officials or are channeled to Labor or the Greens where they influence the government, whilst those members have no control where there money goes.

Bill is a dodgy ex union leader who was more interested in working out deals for himself and ripping off his members. He’s slimey who backstabbed his way into the leadership. He’s a liar who will bullshit his way into power, just like tried to do with Mediscare. Yeah he’s a good bloke, pigsarse.
Nah

I had it in my head that there was an open training session today. Was that a thing or am I going a little mad?

Crows Members and fans will have the opportunity to meet the players at an open training session at Noarlunga Oval on Wednesday morning.

What: Open training
When: 9am - 11am, Wednesday December 19
Where: Noarlunga Oval - 1 Lovelock Drive, Noarlunga Downs SA
Cost: Free!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was all I had to say, I didn't start the topic off, all the best for 2019 guys.

I was originally here looking at preseason reports on certain players for Supercoach purposes.
I think you made an impression with your clear and rational point of view. Judging by some of the responses I think you hit a nerve. Well done.

As for supercoach you could do worse than the Crouch bros this season. Brad will be good value if all goes well in the pre season. Matty could be in for a blinder.

How about you piss off fouling up our
2019 Preseason + Operations thread with your crap.
Bicks, You're one of my favourite posters but, in this instance, I have to remind you of the hypocrisy of your statement.
If what you say is what you actually believe, you should remove that crap political signature of yours.

Sounds like he’s perfect for the job. TBH.

I think you made an impression with your clear and rational point of view. Judging by some of the responses I think you hit a nerve. Well done.

As for supercoach you could do worse than the Crouch bros this season. Brad will be good value if all goes well in the pre season. Matty could be in for a blinder.
Salient point about Matt Crouch. Was very handy in the back end last year. Brodie Smith has cash value at $350k. Stengle or McAdam could come into play as rookies.
I'd leave Ned and Chayce alone for the moment. But I think in terms of FWD Rookie spokes we'd all be a bit stiff if 1 of Stengle, McAdam, Ned didn't grab a spot.

Bicks, You're one of my favourite posters but, in this instance, I have to remind you of the hypocrisy of your statement.
If what you say is what you actually believe, you should remove that crap political signature of yours.
How about you just mind your own business, when I need your advice on my avatar and signature etc I'll ask for it...until then. What I post has nothing to do with my signature..zero, there is a topic in the backyard for Political views if you wish to comment, I think there's also one on the main board.

How about you just mind your own business, when I need your advice on my avatar and signature etc I'll ask for it...until then. What I post has nothing to do with my signature..zero, there is a topic in the backyard for Political views if you wish to comment, I think there's also one on the main board.
Don't do as I do! Do as I say!
I get you, your honor. I know! I should know my place. I will make sure not to make disparaging remarks about your views or actions in the future.

Interesting interview from Laird about the coaches. Sounds like Pyke has continued to take his feedback on board and has pulled back a tad on being a hardarse.
Yes.

Also took from that that the players came back in better shape this year and starting earlier has allowed more flexibility. Liked his comments about the fitness and speed of the new draftees.

Yes.

Also took from that that the players came back in better shape this year and starting earlier has allowed more flexibility. Liked his comments about the fitness and speed of the new draftees.
Love Lairdy’s dry sense of humour - Seeds, the pest of the club...new draftees being fast due to their light weight...having a rub at Smith, then the coaches..

Talia got mentioned at the end, looking like he’d be likely ready to play in early rounds next year.

Back