Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, but I think that's because he's trying to not get in the wrong position. He's not meant to be "see ball, get ball", that's not his role in our structure, so most of the time he should be away from the contest.

That being said, he needs a better sense of when to say "**** it," and dive in.
Yeah....he could perhaps start with those accasions when an opposition winger or mid runs STRAIGHT past him at arms reach....and he just looks at them running past. Great attacking outside runner....also one of the softest footballers to put on a Crows gurnsey.

:rolleyes:
How about we just give the lad a chance to finally fulfil his undoubted talent with hopefully an injury free run for the first time in his career before talking s**t like this.
But john extracted it from me, it's a different insight /opinion.
From what I have see everyone's opinion in this thread has merit.
This Lad is a great player and he really needs to fulfill his potential and do it quickly.
How long people can remain being apologists for will be interesting though.

Beast mode!

could ROB be a real chance this year

there is some thinking within the industry that the new zone rules will place even more emphasis on the ruckman's running ability and ability to provide 2nd and 3rd efforts

the less numbers and more space at the centre bounce contest will allow ruckman like Gawn and Grundy to play as an extra mid once they have contested the bounce, ROB brings some similar attributes, however Sauce doesn't

there is some thinking within the industry that the new zone rules will place even more emphasis on the ruckman's running ability and ability to provide 2nd and 3rd efforts

the less numbers and more space at the centre bounce contest will allow ruckman like Gawn and Grundy to play as an extra mid once they have contested the bounce, ROB brings some similar attributes, however Sauce doesn't
I think with all the training and time trials, ROB is showing some vast improvements. So I think he will definitely be given games. Would be interesting to see how Sauce has changed this year, relative to ROB’s improvement.
I think though it’s a wait and see in the JLT and internal game trial, to get a better idea how ROB is doing relative to Sauce’s output.

But john extracted it from me, it's a different insight /opinion.
From what I have see everyone's opinion in this thread has merit.
This Lad is a great player and he really needs to fulfill his potential and do it quickly.
How long people can remain being apologists for will be interesting though.
I see your point, though I don’t think you appreciate the hardships Brad has been going through. Most season ending operations is a result of direct collision and usually due to playing in an AFL match. Brad went through surgery mid-last year as a result of many recurrent groin issues which have hampered him throughout his career. Noone would wish to have recurrent injuries and then ending up with surgery because there are no other options. As fans, noone can be guilty of being an apologist for Brad as long as he is still determined to get back to AFL and get back to where he was prior to this long layoff. If anything, Brad is a story of inspiration the mere fact he’s still with us and still training (and hopefully playing) up to AFL standard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with all the training and time trials, ROB is showing some vast improvements. So I think he will definitely be given games. Would be interesting to see how Sauce has changed this year, relative to ROB’s improvement.
I think though it’s a wait and see in the JLT and internal game trial, to get a better idea how ROB is doing relative to Sauce’s output.

Agree, he can be as fit as practical but if he doesn't have the ability to play at the top level who really cares

ROB’s a real competitor. Just his kicking seems d grade from my limited JLT views. Sauce really needs to pull his finger out though. His lack of athleticism is horrid. All our big blokes seem to be constantly hampered by injury though which ain’t helping any of them for the last 12/18 months.

Gut feel is that his looseners will be pencilled in for SANFL at about round 3-4 and we’ll see him around 5-6. With such an important asset, there’s no need to rush a managed preseason to be ready for an arbitrary round 1 return. If he’s flying and plays JLT then round one it is, but if he doesn’t play JLT I won’t be worrying until a few weeks later if he hasn’t been selected for the 2’s.
I hope you're wrong. My gut feel is that they are just being ultra careful with him in order for him to be ready for round 1.

ROB’s a real competitor. Just his kicking seems d grade from my limited JLT views. Sauce really needs to pull his finger out though. His lack of athleticism is horrid. All our big blokes seem to be constantly hampered by injury though which ain’t helping any of them for the last 12/18 months.

Mumford's kicking is also D grade however boy was he effective

I see ROB potentially becoming a more mobile and athletic version of Mumford, someone that can have a real physical presence at the stoppages and around the ground which will aloow ourmids to go to work

If ROB can play to his strengths he can add real value to our side

No to many ruckman are A or B grade kicks

Agree, he can be as fit as practical but if he doesn't have the ability to play at the top level who really cares

How do you know he doesn't have the ability?
I've said on numerous occasions we have to manage Jacobs game time.
This year that premise is even more important.
We need a fit and fresh Jacob come finals.
We have to find out if we have a ruck man on our list that will carry the load in the coming years, that means playing time.
Until he is given an extended stint in the league team we won't really know for sure.

Back