Training 2019 Preseason + Operations

For those who've had surgery before, was it a success?

• Yep! So glad I got it done. 100% symptom-free!

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Yes, mostly. Some symptoms have returned, but still better than prior to surgery

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Yes, partially. It helped initially, but symptoms have returned similarly to the past

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, but there were some complications in the first few weeks

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No, I got extra pain/infection/bleeding, and didn't feel better

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I agree and if not in round 1 then sometime soon

I also can’t see Milera Smith and Laird all playing defence together all year , not the right balance
So Smith on one HBF .....who are the options as a lockdown on the other ? .....Doedee, McPherson, Kelly ?

With Laird & Brown, looking formidable in DEF .....hoping Keath steps up as the CHB

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL website has an article about punk balls AFLX...seriously, is that as good as AFLX gets?

Talk about pushing an agenda

What will they think of for next year? Going to change them to blue

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
That was B4 Christmas ......hopefully the lads & club have been in his ear ....TWT
Just thinking with so many fit players if you’re not super fit others will play in front of you

Eg you’d trust 2 of the best endurance runners in Comp and n McHenry and Jones even if debutants more than Stengle

Not sure re Mcadam . Would love him fit as has more speed pressure and height than Stengle

If Stengle plays 8 games next year that trade with Carlton isn't looking so good.

I doubt it'll have any relevance. It'll mean Betts is done but really, having Betts or not doesn't change much for us.

After all, we're off peak years now.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
It looks like Ned and Chayce are knocking down the door hard. If Fog plays as the Gov replacement then I can see both Ned and Chayce getting games ahead of McAdam. I have high hopes for Shane, but these two lads look like they could be ready to go pressure forwards.
Chayce and Ned's running ability is the end of David Mackay imo. Thank you Ogilvie. Didn't believe Flanders would get games this year but the kid will definitely push for selection along with Jones.

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
The times posted by the top 3 are pretty close to best AFL standard so yes
even though they run in groups their times were up there with the best ever posted by any AFL player

More running later in training where McHenry went up another level and was unstoppable . He’d be up there with the best endurance runners in the comp already

How good is Ned's regarding his football ability?
I don't know anything about him, if he can back that tank up with a good game it sounds like we've landed a beauty.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I don't know anything about him, if he can back that tank up with a good game it sounds like we've landed a beauty.
He's a pressure and tackling machine !!!!

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What Wayne said above , in my mind he’s got a bit of Jack Higgins about him without the prolific possession count and class ... a more defensively minded version with similar upbeat personality

Will be a fan and player favourite

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know people don’t like to give Rat a wrap but considering where he’s come from the fact he runs top 6 in a very high standard AFL running standard at crows is a massive testament to him

Can’t helo but go back to the last showdown where he was clutch when it counted and think he can continue to improve as he wants it bad

Well done Rat

What Wayne said above , in my mind he’s got a bit of Jack Higgins about him without the prolific possession count and class ... a more defensively minded version with similar upbeat personality

Will be a fan and player favourite
Given Knight's injury woes, it's important to have viable alternatives...

I know people don’t like to give Rat a wrap but considering where he’s come from the fact he runs top 6 in a very high standard AFL running standard at crows is a massive testament to him

Can’t helo but go back to the last showdown where he was clutch when it counted and think he can continue to improve as he wants it bad

Well done Rat
He has always been amongst our fittest... which makes even more puzzling why he doesn't like to tackle a player as no problems catching them.

Having a small forward that kicks 30+ missing would create a huge hole IMO

The only way we wouldn’t miss him is if Mcadam came in and kicked 30+

It's a much smaller hole then what you are thinking.

As long as the defensive numbers are the same (if not better, though I don't think Stengle profiles as better), carrying a forward on track to kick 20 odd goals compared to 30 won't make any real difference. Now if Stengle is worse defensively, then we'll really feel that switch.

I disagree .....if he were ready, we wouldn't have paid the price we did from Richmond ........Jenkins played 11 games in his first year.....same with Seedsman

So I think 8 games is a fair target myself

Seedsman had a fair bit of exposed form, seeing he'd be in and out of Collingwoods best 22 for a few years. We paid rather similar for Jenkins to what we did for Stengle too, seeing that trade was 31 -> Jenkins + 41

He has always been amongst our fittest... which makes even more puzzling why he doesn't like to tackle a player as no problems catching them.

No real aggression there with the Rat seeing that's the other trait you need for big tackle numbers.

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Interesting that both ROB and Hunter finished top 3 in their groups meanwhile Sauce is still trying to get to the starting line.

Back