Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Cal saw Izak Rankine coming and realised he needed to really step things up if he wants to be our number one small forward option over the next 2-3 years. If our best 22 indigenous boys (Harbrow, Martin, Ah Chee, Rankine) are all firing then we are going to be very difficult to keep up with when things are clicking.

I think this has been a major issue for many years with players getting told their talented and pretty much gifted a sport whereas now there’s actually a challenge for most spots having a fairly even clean slate.. Definitely will be an interesting battle to watch

I think this has been a major issue for many years with players getting told their talented and pretty much gifted a sport whereas now there’s actually a challenge for most spots having a fairly even clean slate.. Definitely will be an interesting battle to watch
Which players would you say were gifted a spot purely because they were talented?
We have definitley had a issue with boys playing seniors prematurely over the last few years, but for mine this has been because we haven't had enough fit players on the list to keep them out. We even had Scrimshaw leave last year specifically because he thought he was too talented to play 2nds but wasn't just being gifted a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeah wife went shopping and I took in training.
Great effort! I don't think it matters what AFL club you support, if the opportunity presents to go see elite players training is a worthwhile experience.

I was lucky enough my dad was a mad Hawks supporter and took me down to see their 80s golden generation train and more recently the likes of Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell.

Great effort! I don't think it matters what AFL club you support, if the opportunity presents to go see elite players training is a worthwhile experience.

I was lucky enough my dad was a mad Hawks supporter and took me down to see their 80s golden generation train and more recently the likes of Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell.

One of the academy kids kicked a couple in the trial

3 of the Hawks have pulled out now. Suns have gone from 1 to 3 representatives because of 'injuries'. Good news for me though, I am going Friday will be able to see some of the lads first hand.

What do you expect? This is the thing with VFL Clubs and especially the insular fans of VFL clubs.
They have no care for the well being and growth of the sport.
It’s all Me Me Me Me with the VFL establishment.
AFLX has been ruined from having any chance of having success or credibility just like how the Mexican Inbreds from VFL land stopped State of Origin and the Hybrid Thing against Ireland from being successful.

The VFL Clubs, their fans and the propaganda VFL Cheerleader Media are despicable all in their own way.

3 of the Hawks have pulled out now. Suns have gone from 1 to 3 representatives because of 'injuries'. Good news for me though, I am going Friday will be able to see some of the lads first hand.
Really excited to see Lauchie run out for AFLX

Alot of clubs are having praccy matches this weekend, like us and Brisbane. Will be interesting to see how many of these players pulling out will be fit for that game and whether or not the AFL says anything about it. Might be a bit more a load management thing for some of these veterans pulling out perhaps?

Will be good for Weller, Jack and Harbs to get a bit of exposure heading into the season. Weller in particular could raise some eyebrows with his speed and kicking from outside 50.

Alot of clubs are having praccy matches this weekend, like us and Brisbane. Will be interesting to see how many of these players pulling out will be fit for that game and whether or not the AFL says anything about it. Might be a bit more a load management thing for some of these veterans pulling out perhaps?

Will be good for Weller, Jack and Harbs to get a bit of exposure heading into the season. Weller in particular could raise some eyebrows with his speed and kicking from outside 50.
As low key as AFLX will be tend to agree that some exposure for our guys if they put in a good showing could be useful.
IS Martin playing on the same team as any of the Essendon or Pot Adelaide boys..
NBA All-star weekend has a heavy underground theme of the top players getting together .. often where big name trades seem to spawn..

Funny how they come running to the Suns for replacements - yet our players aren't up to being picked initially.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back