Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Ainsworth looking big in his compression long sleeve top in 30+ degrees
Says he been training with midfield group all pre season.

May or may not of gotten a small rise in the undies
Kid will be a genuine star in a year or 2.
Had a 5 game stretch last year when he went into the midfield against Giants, Bulldogs, Port, Melb and Geelong.
Averaged 20 disposals, 5 tackles and 5 clearances against those good midfields.
A slow start didn't help and then the long season caught up with Ben.
Also seems heavily invested in the coast and the club.

Had a 5 game stretch last year when he went into the midfield against Giants, Bulldogs, Port, Melb and Geelong.

Agree 100%......loving his attitude.

Ben also suffered from plantar fascia for significant part of the season.

Just watched that Bulldogs game again the other day. He was quite good as were Ah Chee and Bowes I thought. We played that game without May and Lynch, and although we went down by 9 points, there was a lot to like. With a greater fitness base this year, we might surprise a few sides in the last quarter who normally expect us to roll over in the charge home.

Just watched that Bulldogs game again the other day. He was quite good as were Ah Chee and Bowes I thought. We played that game without May and Lynch, and although we went down by 9 points, there was a lot to like. With a greater fitness base this year, we might surprise a few sides in the last quarter who normally expect us to roll over in the charge home.
A lot of games this year too we did genuinely put up a really competitive effort over the first half and just lost it in the second half. Increased fitness and improvement from 2 - 6 year players and I can see is having a 6 - 8 win season which is a lot more than others are predicting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Touk Miller looking fitter than I ever recall seeing him after this week's 2k. He has been just the most incredibly consistent footballer in our clubs short history. Been good from the start and has improved with each season. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him average 25 touches and play his 100th AFL game this season.

Amazingly, Miller & Rischitelli are the only 2 players from the Top 10 of our 2015 B&F still at the club. The other 8 are all at other clubs. Miller will probably be in the Top 10 again in 2019. Rischa won't, but that's not his fault.

Good on you, Witts!

Until the end of 2024.

"I'd love our fans to know that every time they come to a game, they're going to get a team that hunts hard and has manic pressure."

"With the work we've done this pre-season, we should be able to sustain that for longer periods in the game and for more games than we did last year."

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2019-01-16/witts-commits-until-2024

Last edited:
Does seem strange. Rigby working on building up their resilience / toughness with the odd session back in the old digs so they don't forget where they came from?
Im on board with this, Little bit of a reality check for the boys any time they get comfortable.

Better doing it during training rather than having to get one on the field.

I figure you guys know about this. But tomorrow is open training:

Beach Open Training
When: Thursday 17 January, from 8am
Where: Pirate Park, Palm Beach
Parking: Parking available at Pirate Park. Free additional parking available on the corner of Gold Coast Highway and Thrower Drive. For more details about Pirate Park click HERE.
Get down to see the boys at Beach Open Training, there will be plenty of kid's activities, membership and merchandise available as well as plenty of opportunities to meet the players.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/season/open-training

I figure you guys know about this. But tomorrow is open training:

Beach Open Training
When: Thursday 17 January, from 8am
Where: Pirate Park, Palm Beach
Parking: Parking available at Pirate Park. Free additional parking available on the corner of Gold Coast Highway and Thrower Drive. For more details about Pirate Park click HERE.
Get down to see the boys at Beach Open Training, there will be plenty of kid's activities, membership and merchandise available as well as plenty of opportunities to meet the players.

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/season/open-training

Can't get a flight out of U-tapao til tomorrow arvo.....guess I'll have to miss this one...:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back