Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a solid list of injuries
So much for those who had Top 22 discussions over the summer.
Whatever happened to Peel??

Our board is dead.
In number it is a large number, luckily there isn't too much quality on there. Corbett and Holman are the only 2 who might figure on the fringes of best 22, and it seems that both will be back before Rd 1 anyway. Wigg, Ellis and Schoenfeld are the only 3 who will miss footy at the start of the season.

That’s a solid list of injuries
So much for those who had Top 22 discussions over the summer.
Whatever happened to Peel??

Our board is dead.
Mate people can discuss best 22 whenever they like.
Of course it's not going to stand true to round 1 - no one is expecting it to.
People enjoy talking about our team rather than whining about victoria.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-22/all-change-as-suns-launch-combative-fightback-campaign
Gold Coast will play Brisbane on Saturday afternoon at Metricon Stadium in six 20-minute periods.
Aside from its injured personnel and AFLX participants, the Suns will rest Jarrod Witts, David Swallow and Touk Miller for the match.

So no Swallow, Touk, Witts, Harbrow, Martin, Weller, Holman, Corbett, Wigg, schoenfield, Ellis or Leslie for the praccy match tomorrow.

Going to be great to get a first look at the kids for the year and see who really is looking to step up.

Martin missed a goal after the siren to win.
After slotting a controversial tenner to get them a kick in it.

Deadly look to be out, down by alot in Game 3 vs the Flyers.

Edit - Yeah they got flogged

Standings Prior to final
Rampage 2-1
Flyers 2-1
Bolts 1-2
Deadly 1-2

Rampage win final, Lachie Weller is an AFLX Champion.

Last edited:
If there are any injuries in AFLX please let us know. (Suns and Non-Suns). I just can’t watch it. Don’t like it.
None announced so far.

I don't mind it. Better than no footy at all, Everyone's such a stick in the mud over this.

Is Weller actually there? I did not see him playing for Rampage.
He's there but coming in as a late reserve he'd be on the lower end of the playing rotation.

Deadly up on the Rampage midway through the 2nd half of Game 5 but it's a dead rubber so Rampage just cruising at this point.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-22/all-change-as-suns-launch-combative-fightback-campaign

So no Swallow, Touk, Witts, Harbrow, Martin, Weller, Holman, Corbett, Wigg, schoenfield, Ellis or Leslie for the praccy match tomorrow.

Going to be great to get a first look at the kids for the year and see who really is looking to step up.
We'll be missing a similar number of players; Hodge, Rich and Zorko at AFLX. Most of our tall defenders have injuries, Gardiner, Marcus Adams, Jack Payne and Josh Walker. J.Berry, Christensen and McFadyen all missing as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Weller actually there? I did not see him playing for Rampage.
Neither did the commentators. Weller kicked a couple of nice passes to Reiwoldt, but his handpasing needs work. I haven't watched all the games. Martin and Harrow went ok too. All still a bit rusty with their skills, but it is only February.

Didn't Martin kick a goal? I thought he did, unless that was the one he missed.

I had a good view of the ground. Level 2 on the wing.
Yes, he did but he also missed one to tie the game after siren. Harbrow, Martin were a bit sloppy with kicking. Especially Harbrow did several of his usual random kicks straight to opposition. Only preseason :)

Almost time to go to practice game against Lions. I can't wait to see Rankine, Lukosius, ... in action. Forecast good, no rain, just a bit windy.

from a brisbane watcher gc 3 goals to 0
we kicked with the wind in first period
apparently playing 6 x ? 10 min periods

luko + ranking apparently doing well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back