Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot keep said lid on Fullarton. We have picked up a likely No.1 draft pick for ZIP! For Zip! Barring injury, Fullarton will be playing senior footy by the end of the season. Don't be surprised if it isn't on a wing/running type role, the kid can run like the wind.

I cannot keep said lid on Fullarton. We have picked up a likely No.1 draft pick for ZIP! For Zip! Barring injury, Fullarton will be playing senior footy by the end of the season. Don't be surprised if it isn't on a wing/running type role, the kid can run like the wind.
What year would he have been drafted if he had stayed in AFL? Big thing to say he would have beeen number 1 with the amount of quality players at number 1

I will keep my lid on - but at the same time, I am excited!

Big call, but not saying I wouldn’t like your prediction to become a reality.

I still think it’ll be a massive achievement him playing a single senior game, let alone consolidating a spot in the senior team, but I’d be thrilled if we scored in such a manner as say the Crows did with Tex Walker and that often forgotten NSW priority pick thing they got.

I still think it’ll be a massive achievement him playing a single senior game, let alone consolidating a spot in the senior team, but I’d be thrilled if we scored in such a manner as say the Crows did with Tex Walker and that often forgotten NSW priority pick thing they got.
Bit snipey comment there Dylan you must have a Brain fade, the NSW scholarship scheme was open to all teams. The Crows did not get some sort of advantage, they just had a better talent identification team operating in NSW at the time.

Bit snipey comment there Dylan you must have a Brain fade, the NSW scholarship scheme was open to all teams. The Crows did not get some sort of advantage, they just had a better talent identification team operating in NSW at the time.
It certainly wasn't a dig, if that is what you're implying.

I was merely suggesting any club getting a quality free hit by whatever means (such as category B rookie's etc.) is a massive bonus for any club.

To suggest I was being "snipey" is insulting when I was simply using an example.

More like he was a Broken Hill boy, and was always going to Adelaide - the city. Not really an apt comparison, IMO. Greenwood or Blicksavs would be more appropriate.

Walker approached Adelaide about joining their scholarship system. They didn't identify him, he chose Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker approached Adelaide about joining their scholarship system. They didn't identify him, he chose Adelaide.
I just approached Adelaide via email if I can join them as a Category B rookie. It appears they'd give anyone a go. How long do you reckon the process takes till I'm on the list? Any chance I can get on it before midnight tonight? It'll be a great Chrissy surprise to my mid twenties kids. :thumbsu:

I just approached Adelaide via email if I can join them as a Category B rookie. It appears they'd give anyone a go. How long do you reckon the process takes till I'm on the list? Any chance I can get on it before midnight tonight? It'll be a great Chrissy surprise to my mid twenties kids. :thumbsu:

Enjoy your team bonding camp.

Best of luck to you.

My prediction is that Stef will be phased out for Oscar as main ruck this year and Fullarton will take over the latter's role in the forward line to get some match experience and backup ruck role.
BigO was already showing he was a better tap ruckman at end of 2018 than Stef in terms of tapping the ball to the mids and setting up scoring chains. 2019 Stef's last year IMHO with us.
This will start to happen before the mid year bye. Mark my words!

My prediction is that Stef will be phased out for Oscar as main ruck this year and Fullarton will take over the latter's role in the forward line to get some match experience and backup ruck role.
BigO was already showing he was a better tap ruckman at end of 2018 than Stef in terms of tapping the ball to the mids and setting up scoring chains. 2019 Stef's last year IMHO with us.
Don't think Fullarton will be taking over Big O's spot. He needs to earn it and it will take him awhile to understand the game and get form by grabbing heaps of goals. Plus we also have Ballenden who would be a good fwd/ruck

If Stefs form drops then what you are saying may happen, but if he holds strong, then he will remain in the best 22 all year.
The club has already been vocal in saying that they are pushing towards finals this year. I think we have gone past the development phase and will turn to a best 22 philosophy week in week out.
Stef is currently in the best 22 without doubt in my mind. O’Mac may be too, only time will tell.

Stef has 3 seasons left in him tops, expect the coaches to try and get as much time out of him as possible as his form is pretty good. Oscar is ready to replace him in my opinion, but the coaches must know something we don't because they keep playing Stef as the main ruck. I don't expect that to change in 2019 unless Smith and the Big O become ruck gods.

I find this Stefan Martin talk a bit odd. To me he is easily our number 1 ruck and will be for at least a couple more years. He is in excellent physical condition and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. He's not the greatest tap ruckman but he's one of the best ruckman in the league in terms of his work around the ground. He will keep performing at a high level in his 30's just like Dean Cox.

I find this Stefan Martin talk a bit odd. To me he is easily our number 1 ruck and will be for at least a couple more years. He is in excellent physical condition and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. He's not the greatest tap ruckman but he's one of the best ruckman in the league in terms of his work around the ground. He will keep performing at a high level in his 30's just like Dean Cox.
This year wasn't nearly as good as the previous years. Used to get 20 disposals and over and l don't remember him consistently accumulating possessions like he used to.

This year wasn't nearly as good as the previous years. Used to get 20 disposals and over and l don't remember him consistently accumulating possessions like he used to.
He had plenty of games this year with 20+ touches including halls of 30 and 28. Averaged 18.7 a game which is elite for a ruckman and behind only All Australian ruckman Brodie Grundy. Wasn't quite as good as the year before but still a very handy contribution around the ground.

He's also very good at winning important free kicks at centre clearances. He was ranked #6 in the entire competition (any position) for frees for in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back