Training 2019 Preseason

Fatcat08

Cool and Footbally
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #601
I'd back in Stef this season but as our midfield matures I would anticipate our ruck needs changing which would favour big O. We've needed Martin's midfield and clearance work because we've had large deficiencies there. If the team progresses as anticipated we'll need less of that and better tapwork, which Oscar is more suited to. Martin may still remain better all round bit Oscar may be better suited to our needs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nunez

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd back in Stef this season but as our midfield matures I would anticipate our ruck needs changing which would favour big O. We've needed Martin's midfield and clearance work because we've had large deficiencies there. If the team progresses as anticipated we'll need less of that and better tapwork, which Oscar is more suited to. Martin may still remain better all round bit Oscar may be better suited to our needs
Where do you see Archie sitting if he takes another step forward in his game next year?

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Clubs need rucks to be developing on their list playing 2's footy. We need to have Smith as match ready as possible, just in case. He might not play a senior game this year and get another 2-3 years if the club is happy with his development.

Scubaveg

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Clubs need rucks to be developing on their list playing 2's footy. We need to have Smith as match ready as possible, just in case. He might not play a senior game this year and get another 2-3 years if the club is happy with his development.
A little concerned he may look elsewhere for opportunities if none come his way this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brett C

All Australian
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
A little concerned he may look elsewhere for opportunities if none come his way this year.

I’m not sure that clubs will be beating down the door for a ruckman that has played 9 games at AFL level and hardly dominates in the NEAFL.

Dlions

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Saw Dayne Zorko and his new squeeze at Westfield Carindale over the weekend.
I have seen him up close on many occasions but I really don’t think I have ever seen him as fit as he looks right now.

Scubaveg

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Saw Dayne Zorko and his new squeeze at Westfield Carindale over the weekend.
I have seen him up close on many occasions but I really don’t think I have ever seen him as fit as he looks right now.
New squeeze, so he and his ex didn’t patch things up then hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
Spoke to a mate from work who has an inside source that gives away absolutely nothing. But he did say all the boys are ripping fit. Lyons will play round 1 and Neale is an absolute gem. Mainly that they are happy fitness wise and are chomping the bit to get going.
Will Lyons start in the square at the the first bounce with his back towards goal?

Fatcat08

Cool and Footbally
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
Moderator #615
Where do you see Archie sitting if he takes another step forward in his game next year?
That's a massive if. I'd have him after both based on exposed form and trajectory. Doubt he'll go anywhere though won't get any better opportunities elsewhere

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Do the boys come back to training tomorrow, IIRC I remember a club tweet/post (can't find it now) that said they come back on the 5th.

Anyone in the know? I'll go for a stroll down to Yeronga in the morning to see if they're there anyway.

Dlions

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do the boys come back to training tomorrow, IIRC I remember a club tweet/post (can't find it now) that said they come back on the 5th.

Anyone in the know? I'll go for a stroll down to Yeronga in the morning to see if they're there anyway.
Apparently they are having 3 weeks off this year, not sure when they finished up though.

CarterS

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Spoke to a mate from work who has an inside source that gives away absolutely nothing. But he did say all the boys are ripping fit. Lyons will play round 1 and Neale is an absolute gem. Mainly that they are happy fitness wise and are chomping the bit to get going.
Ticks off a few of these

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Boys are back into training tomorrow, the season will be on us before we know it. Countdown is on in earnest now to Saturday night the 23rd of March when we create some more pandemonium at the Gabba and dethrone the premiers.

Dlions

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Boys are back into training tomorrow, the season will be on us before we know it. Countdown is on in earnest now to Saturday night the 23rd of March when we create some more pandemonium at the Gabba and dethrone the premiers.
At least it is a nice cool morning for them to get back into it.
Bring on the 23rd March, can’t wait!
Watch out West Coast.

Top Bottom