Training 2019 Preseason

Jivlain

Pollyanna's statistician
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Swansea City, Gumbies FFC
I went to Garden City, had to get some gear from Kathmandu for my NZ trip, I bloody got lost in there, spent a couple of minutes trying to work out those touch screen information desk thingys.
Yeah, when I went back to Garden City last time I was in Brisbane it was completely disorienting, everything's changed. Probably completely different again now.

Plus by now they've probably knocked down the lovely Queenslander I grew up in to build aircon-compulsory medium-density flats. Uggggghhhhhh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFB1

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
I've lived near Knox shopping centre for 22yrs, I've been there approx 6-7 times. I also loathe big shopping centres. Have been to Chadstone once in that time.

I was at the opening at Chaddy and used to go there every saturday with Mum and Dad when I was a kid, but it has got way to big now....I keep right away from them all.
Live close to you MM, I avoid Knox as much as I can too, only time I go there is to Kathmandu and Crocs play Centre for the odd birthday party. When I go on my own I park right around the back at the council car park off Lewis Rd and wander the 5 minutes around the bike path. Hate the joint 😀

Haso

Isn't this where we came in?
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Back before Town Square at Garden City was revamped as a part of the more large scale expansions, I worked at a cafe called Charlottes (and also Billy Baxters when it was still called that) for about 5 years in the kitchen as a cook.

The owner was grumpy, the food was repetitive, and with the exception of Geckos/Chicagos/Beach House, the entire place was dying. It was depressing.

The revamps are a little disorienting at first, but once you get used to it you realise that Westfield Garden City is actually one of the biggest and nicest in the country now. Regardless of your thoughts on Westfield and big shopping centres, it's bloody handy having something like that just down the road.

I'm looking forward to being back near there when I move back to Brissy as this next footy season starts.

blynd_freddie

Roughed Scuffed & Tuft
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Bulls, Pamplona
Some pictorial thingies from this morning's short-ish gallop at Yeronga.
How behind the times am i? When did you get the new glass? *edit/checking past fotos over a year ago [i blame my age :(]

Looking NOICE!!!!

And thanks for sharing, I shall give due consideration to popping a couple of mine up from my couple of days down in Hobart from tomorrow week.

Last edited:

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
How behind the times am i? When did you get the new glass? *edit/checking past fotos over a year ago [i blame my age :(]

Looking NOICE!!!!

And thanks for sharing, I shall give due consideration to popping a couple of mine up from my couple of days down in Hobart from tomorrow week.
You actually commented on it this time last year, Freddo. ;) Enjoy Tassie!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
It’s a five minute walk from our place to Carindale. We’ll often go for a walk along the walkway next to creek after work. Swing up around the back of Carindale and walk through the shopping centre.

All the shops are closed by then, except for the restaurants, so it’s pretty quiet to walk through and air conditioned.

Drop in to Woolworths and see what cakes/desserts have been discounted, then walk home.
1/2 price chooks?

blynd_freddie

Roughed Scuffed & Tuft
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
The Bulls, Pamplona
You actually commented on it this time last year, Freddo. ;) Enjoy Tassie!
Something, something Mental as...
Wo-hoh-oh, the Haso's are gettin' bigger
Yeah-eah-eah, mmm they're gettin' bigger
Sometimes I wonder
What all these chemicals
Are doin' to my brain...

:$:'(

Top Bottom